It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity as Psychological Warfare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
[size=100]Christianity as Psychological Warfare, Part One: Jesus Was Weak

Though it is often noted that Christianity played a vital role in the subjugation of native people during the colonial era, the actual psychological mechanisms involved are rarely examined. I would like to undertake this task here, in a series of articles on the topic.

It may be noted that I am speaking generally about the real world effects of the core concepts of the Christian doctrine, not any specific sect. Traditionally, it was Catholic missionaries using these methods in conjunction with military forces; presently, these methods are employed mainly by Protestant missionaries in conjunction with consumer products. The effect and purpose of the behavior is the same: people are conquered and subjected to the agendas of the rich and powerful.

Briefly, let me make a few general statements about the introduction of the Christian doctrine among conquered peoples (more accurately, “people in the process of being conquered”, as without religion, it is impossible to ever fully conquer a people). It is certainly true that certain ideals presented by Jesus in the New Testament are admirable traits for a human being to aspire to, but these are not things that the primitive cultures conquered by the Christian empires were having a problem with when the priests showed up. These were stable societies, which had been stable for thousands of years. As such the doctrine of Christianity was wholly unnecessary for the stability of their societies, its only purpose being to serve the interests of the conquering power by breaking down their humanity on a fundamental psychological level. It was very much the “battle for souls” that missionaries to this day love to refer to it as. A primitive society which holds its old traditions will never submit, and without the Christian doctrine, the conquering empire would be forced to kill them all, which would not be productive.

The technique through which Christianity is introduced by the missionaries is an extremely fascinating area of study. What happens is that the missionaries come in as if they are there to help the people, bringing them new tools or other technologies and usually playing the “good cop” to the invading army or colonizing population’s “bad cop”. Tribal people have no precedence for an enemy who comes as a friend, and so take the missionaries as they present themselves. The missionaries then begin to find certain concepts within the tribe’s traditional belief system that they can link to their own doctrine, after which they build churches and incorporate the symbols of the tribe into the presentation, creating a hybrid between the traditional belief system and the Christian system, and then begin indoctrinating the children with their propaganda. Over a period of generations, all of the old culture and traditions are exterminated and replaced with the Christian doctrine of submission.

This happened to all of us, once upon a time.

The rest is here:

realitysituation.com...

It really is a horrible thing, this whole situation of spreading the "faith" across the whole planet, exterminating cultures and societies and sucking them into the slave system of economics. All in the name of this Jesus fellow, who couldn't even manage to keep from getting tortured to death.
edit on 20-2-2012 by andreoutlaw because: formatting

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ugh dude. Write something yourself. Also, Jesus allowing himself to be tortured to death was kind of a big point. To me you sound like yet another atheist, hell bent on insulting a group of people that believe in something you have no knowledge of. It may seem cool to be an atheist, but if you're going to do it at least try to pretend you're over 15 and have some life experience.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Oh wow, my first double post!
edit on 20-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It must be double post day!
edit on 20-2-2012 by andreoutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Ugh dude. Write something yourself. Also, Jesus allowing himself to be tortured to death was kind of a big point. To me you sound like yet another atheist, hell bent on insulting a group of people that believe in something you have no knowledge of. It may seem cool to be an atheist, but if you're going to do it at least try to pretend you're over 15 and have some life experience.

Well, there are some misunderstandings here.

-I did write this
-I'm not an Atheist
-I'm 27, and much of this is based on personal experience with tribal people who have been destroyed by missionaries, here in Asia

If possible, I would like to talk about the content of the article rather than my personal situation, which is why I posted a thread about the article, rather than a thread about my personal situation.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Seen this on here before. Of course it is. People are allowed to choose a faith. It's not some system forcing people to choose a religion. I think it's more a scam as to some warfare. They earn a lot of money. Hell it's probably one of the biggest industries in the world. Every Sunday people go to church and give them plenty of money! It's their choice of course. They choose what they believe in. Targeting religion is not an easy thing to do my friend. They will just keep bringing up the term ''faith'' or ''keeping the faith''. Not easy people to persuade in that area.

All I'm saying is, everyone has seen this before and you need to do some better research than that to persuade anyone of a religion.
edit on 20-2-2012 by themadnut because: Spelling :S

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'd like you to please recognise the difference between followers of the Bible and Jesus, and the Roman Catholic church.

Unfortunately they are NOT the same, despite most of the planet believing it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
*SIGH* Folks, lets PLEASE not argue over fairy-tales.

Thats what CHILDREN do for crying out loud.
edit on 20-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by themadnut
Seen this on here before. Of course it is. People are allowed to choose a faith. It's not some system forcing people to choose a religion. I think it's more a scam as to some warfare. They earn a lot of money. Hell it's probably one of the biggest industries in the world. Every Sunday people go to church and give them plenty of money! It's their choice of course. They choose what they believe in. Targeting religion is not an easy thing to do my friend. They will just keep bringing up the term ''faith'' or ''keeping the faith''. Not easy people to persuade in that area.

All I'm saying is, everyone has seen this before and you need to do some better research than that to persuade anyone of a religion.
edit on 20-2-2012 by themadnut because: Spelling :S

Where have you seen an analysis of the way that Christianity actually uses the symbols of the tribe, absorbing them, and replaces them with its own doctrine over a period of generations? Because I've searched Google pretty extensively, and it isn't on the internet. It is presumably in books, but I don't know which ones, probably ones written by priests in the 16th or 17th century. Anyway, if I wouldn't have literally seen it myself, I wouldn't have been able to understand it.

Also, where have you seen that replacing the image of the warrior hero with that of a man who gets murdered by his enemies is a way to alter the image of man in a way as to make conquered people's submissive?

I am not trying to be cheeky here, I am actually genuinely interested in hearing where you would have heard this information before. Nietzsche talked something sort of like this, comparing the heroes of Greece and Rome to Jesus, but not in explicit terms that this was a means of conquering primitive people.

If you just mean "I have seen someone say that Christianity was used to control people before", then that doesn't really interest me much, as I am interested in the specific mechanisms through which this process takes place, not simply general statements like that.

I am not trying to persuade anyone of anything. Although it is silly to imagine that psychological warfare victims have a "choice", I am not on a mission to deprogram anyone. Simply attempting to have an intellectual discussion. Though it appears those are not popular here.

Where was my research lacking, specifically? Did you read the article before commenting? Your post did not address the content in any way, and it seems that you must have only read the title and assumed that you already knew what it said, as seems to be the general mode of many posters on this forum.
edit on 20-2-2012 by andreoutlaw because: dyslexia, lol

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by andreoutlaw

The effect and purpose of the behavior is the same: people are conquered and subjected to the agendas of the rich and powerful.

The rest is here:

realitysituation.com...

It really is a horrible thing, this whole situation of spreading the "faith" across the whole planet, exterminating cultures and societies and sucking them into the slave system of economics. .

I can understand why you are making these claims; however, I just don't see Christian Missionaries having this agenda. Most missionaries that I've met or heard about live simple lives giving up most of the materialism they had or were subjected to back in the "world." They do what they do because of their beliefs and their love for their God. I just don't believe their is some agenda behind it all other than trying to save people.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andreoutlaw

You're going more into specifics than I meant.

All these Christianity threads in general. They're always on here. It's great that you've looked into it more than most but I don't find it very compelling. I'm not trying to be mean but I have seen many Christianity threads. I'll give you a S+F for the effort and for writing your own work as you said.

In all honesty I agree with you. I wasn't trying to be cheeky either. I've agreed with many people. Don't think I haven't looked into it myself.
edit on 20-2-2012 by themadnut because: (no reason given)

Going into the 'choice'. I know many people who grew up in highly religious families and they made there way out of the religious circle. I didn't mean any offense to your work.
edit on 20-2-2012 by themadnut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Real or not "God" is the single most powerful weapon in history and always will be.

Priests convene every aeon to create a new deity of control, let the infant God loose on the psyche of humanity and we give them all the powers a god could ever dream of.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Save people how? By entirely collapsing their societies, in the name of some insane concept of man being created by an allegedly benevolent deity as a sinner who needs a blood sacrifice in order to redeem them? I have personally witnessed societies destroyed by missionaries. You simply cannot uproot the fabric of a society without collapsing it completely. They destroy cultures, that is their purpose.

I am of course not so naive to believe that the actual men on the ground have such an agenda, as they clearly believe, at least most of them do, that they are there to somehow "save" the people. This is because they are brainwashed. Those that send them don't have the plan to destroy their societies either, simply to extract cash from them.

Christianity is the door to the economic system, and to slavery to the state. It is just exactly that, which is why the empires, who could have used any type of brainwashing, specifically designed the Christian doctrine for this explicit purpose.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

The effect and purpose of the behavior is the same: people are conquered and subjected to the agendas of the rich and powerful.

The rest is here:

realitysituation.com...

It really is a horrible thing, this whole situation of spreading the "faith" across the whole planet, exterminating cultures and societies and sucking them into the slave system of economics. .

I can understand why you are making these claims; however, I just don't see Christian Missionaries having this agenda. Most missionaries that I've met or heard about live simple lives giving up most of the materialism they had or were subjected to back in the "world." They do what they do because of their beliefs and their love for their God. I just don't believe their is some agenda behind it all other than trying to save people.

I wouldn't say these people are specifically a part of some agenda but their mindset could most certainly be put under scrutiny in many circumstances...I mean what exactly is their idea of "saving" people? IMO its the arrogant attitude of their dogma, not their personal character that angers me.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Save people how? By entirely collapsing their societies, in the name of some insane concept of man being created by an allegedly benevolent deity as a sinner who needs a blood sacrifice in order to redeem them? I have personally witnessed societies destroyed by missionaries. You simply cannot uproot the fabric of a society without collapsing it completely. They destroy cultures, that is their purpose.

I am of course not so naive to believe that the actual men on the ground have such an agenda, as they clearly believe, at least most of them do, that they are there to somehow "save" the people. This is because they are brainwashed. Those that send them don't have the plan to destroy their societies either, simply to extract cash from them.

Christianity is the door to the economic system, and to slavery to the state. It is just exactly that, which is why the empires, who could have used any type of brainwashing, specifically designed the Christian doctrine for this explicit purpose.

Have you ever been a Christian yourself?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

You would have to understand the bible and what their god asks of them to know what "saving" someone means.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I wouldn't say these people are specifically a part of some agenda but their mindset could most certainly be put under scrutiny in many circumstances...I mean what exactly is their idea of "saving" people? IMO its the arrogant attitude of their dogma, not their personal character that angers me.

Yes, that is what I would say is the case in the majority of situations. It makes me sick that these people from America, who have the most unstable society that has ever existed, would have the arrogance to think that they are going to go "help" people with societies that have existed stably since prehistorical times (we don't know how long, could well be since the beginning of time like they all claim). Honestly, that attitude to me is worse than "let's make some money" or "let's rape some children".

For the record, the child rape thing is definitely also a theme, and I have encountered it a lot. One priest also paid some girls - 13-16 year olds - for sex and got a lot of them pregnant. He also raped some children. But it would not be fair to say they all fit that mold, as most are quite worse, with their condescending arrogance to people who's level of spiritual and cultural development is exponentially greater than their own.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I was raised vaguely Christian, but no, not really. It has always just seemed stupid and weird, the whole concept.

It is designed to make people weak. I am working on the one about "sin" now, which I think is definitely worse than the weak Christ concept on which it is based. Well, I guess they are based on each other. It is all just sick and evil, the whole scam.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I was, spent the first 19 years of my life as one and it caused me to be constantly plagued with self doubt and fear, not to say I didn't have positive experiences but the majority of my feelings from that time were decidedly negative.

If it works for some people then hey thats great and I commend them for it, but they don't need to come "save" me...last time that happened I just kept asking them "why?" and "how?" and their attempts stopped shortly thereafter.

I'm content with the fact that the greater reality is a mystery to me as a mortal but the "I" or "ME" doesn't have to be...instead of worrying about some omnipresent/omniscient deity condemning my actions and thoughts on a daily basis I've decided to know myself better, from the psyche to without, and I think its made me a better person because of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by baalbuster

You would have to understand the bible and what their god asks of them to know what "saving" someone means.

I would say I do...spreading the "truth" about the messiah being the only way to salvation. But what really is truth and salvation? How do they know? Because the Bible says so?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join