It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Pledges 400 ICBMs for Russia in Ten Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Why do you think Hollywood is remaking Red Dawn? Except they switched the Russians into the North Koreans, because we all should know that North Korea has a massive invasion force aimed at the continental USA
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

LOL seriously?

And I thought the world couldnt get any more predictable. Man, wtf.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is why I love you (no homo)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by lordnightstalker

The US is still decreasing its nuclear stockpile. Russia is not decreasing, if not increasing, it's at least updating. I don't think that their systems are that susceptible to any EM, microwave attack by the US.

Oh it absolutely is, you can't detonate a Nuke without impossibly precision timing, even the slightest surge can fry an ICBM and make it useless, virtually none of our missiles ours or theirs were shielded until very recently and most of the ones that were shielded don't have the maneuverability to avoid traditional anti missile systems.

Don't think either side is scrapping their missiles out of generosity... they are scrapping them because 90% of them are already duds or vulnerable anyway and we have other weapons systems that kill as good or better but leave the territory inhabitable after the fact.

Nothing lasts forever, what you'll notice about this trend of scrapping Icbm's btw is that we are saving the warheads, balls of Plutonium and Uranium last forever, we store most of them in Texas and California, we no longer have 29,000 ICBM's but we still both have around 29,000 warheads in storage 31,000 for Russia (- what we still have loaded btw)

scary huh, potential terrorism? who would ever notice if 2-3 of 29,000 warheads vanished, definitely not the Russians probably not us either

edit on 20-2-2012 by lordnightstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Space is a serious piece to control on the global chessboard, kind of like the queen. She can. Move everywhere, kill everything, and is ready to die for her king.

Great analogy

-----

OP says it all. These new ICBMs will be advanced enough to allow for the decomissioning of over half of the remaining SRF's fleet. In the long run, it saves money while deploying more advanced weaponry.

It would be illogical for Russia not to modernize its forces.

EDIT: The post above me really begs for a negative star button.

EDIT2:

lordnightstalker-
We have all but eliminated MAD Putin is just announcing how fast he can put it back in place.

Your hubris is deafening.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

No not hubris at all, in fact Putin's announcement is very humbling, that's how fast they can alter a scenario that took us Trillions to achieve, now lets hope the USA doesn't take advantage of a 2-3 year window to "eliminate" the competition, all this saber rattling is scary

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Wolf321

Careful what you wish for you might just get it! Research into the Thermonuclear Cobalt Bomb

"The Cobalt Bomb is capable of wiping out life on earth. It explodes and emits long-lasting and lethal gamma radiation, the most energetic radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum."

Then theres antimatter weapons right around the cornor, those babys really could crack Mother Earth like a wallnut!!!!

Infact I would like both US and Russia to have 1 of these candy packs. That way we all know that MAD is in place and earth will be finished if these are used. Then the humanity can focus on other issues like medical sciences, global warming, cleaning up pollution etc. No need to spend trillions on weapons. Takes 10 years to build and 10 seconds to destroy. Humanity deserve much more "coddle and care" than making killing machines.

They were discontinued by both sides MAD is one thing is assures you can destroy your enemy if they destroy you the Cobalt bombs destroy your enemy and then you both sides tested these weapons and scraped them

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by lordnightstalker

A newest model of Topol-M's costs only $3M at the most. That means for $3B, Putin can have 1000 T's.

Who says they do not have them already.

Do not be too sure about MAD out of the picture. 'Cause when the incoming hundreds hitting the land have Russian language captions, then you will have only few minutes left..........to get really MAD!

Agreed, like I said, elimination of MAD is a very short window of opportunity, we had this same window after we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and cooler minds prevailed and in short Order the Russians had the bomb, My concern is that this moment might be seized given this Iran situation like before there are those in power that seek these sorts of opportunities, I'd venture that if Obama wasn't President we'd be in WW3 right now.

And you are most assuredly correct, Russia has some stuff to hit us with right at this moment we wouldn't come out unscathed, it would be ugly even in "victory: for lack of a better word

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I just read something yesterday, a congressional report from 2009 stating that the US achieved its goal of an 80% reduction in nukes by putting just one warhead on each ICBM, instead of the multiple warhead approach, which they stated was less accurate. They claim that we have 450 ICBM stationed in silos that have been upgraded already, fully modernized, and should be ok until the year 2020, when they may have to undergo maintenance.

I'll bet the one warhead on each are probably in the neighborhood of 20 megatons or so. Anyway, the report goes on to say that stationary ICBMs are necessary, because the enemy would exhaust its nuclear reserve trying to take all the ICBMs out. They said our nuclear "deterrent" forces are a triad of ICBMs, submarine-launched nukes (Tridents, and we got a lot of 'em), and bombs able to be dropped by long-range bombers such as the B1-B.

Here is a map with a breakdown of all our nuclear warheads. We say we have "only 450" ready-to-go ICBMs with single warheads, but if you look at all the other nuclear weapons we have, it is an insane amount:

www.fas.org...

Here is a written breakdown of our stockpile and where they are located: www.nrdc.org...

Yeah, like I said above, we don't throw out the warheads just the delivery systems, we have tons of nukes still so do they

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

lordnightstalker-
No not hubris at all, in fact Putin's announcement is very humbling, that's how fast they can alter a scenario that took us Trillions to achieve, now lets hope the USA doesn't take advantage of a 2-3 year window to "eliminate" the competition, all this saber rattling is scary

You claimed that the US eliminated MAD. This is not true in the least.

There is no possible way that MAD can be routed between Russia or the USA. Both are above and beyond any known or even mythical counter systems. American ABM shields, whether they be in Europe or on an aegis cruiser, are not going to stop Topols, Yars or Bulavas from striking the mainland US- and these are only the mobile ICBMs of the Strategic Rocket Forces.

I will say that part of the ABM plan is to provide the US with a coherent first strike capability. The Russians realize this because they aren't stupid, and have countered it. However, the main reason for the American ABM plan is geopolitical- deploying American weaponry like ABM systems in select countries will suck them into the Western sphere while denying Russian access. It has less to do with combat tactics and more to do with overall political strategy.

And as I said, those ABM sites in Europe would be toast if Russia had to launch its payload. Conventional rockets such as Iskanders are specificially made to target base structures and ammo dumps, and the Kremlin has already said that they are deploying them with ABM base targets pre-set.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The truth about what we are dealing with guys, is Weapons of Mass Delusion

-that's a me original!

i'm putting that in my signature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join