It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I Can Still Win

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
It is a sad day when pessimism, doom and gloom reign supreme over this site, and that is exactly what is happening here. Proof? My posts that attempt to bring hope and light have zero stars, and the ones who spread fear and negativity have dozens... sad indeed.

And its an even sadder day when giving one's opinion gets classed as fear-mongering, nay-saying, dooms-daying, pessimisim or doom and gloom etc. And its even sadder again when people use ATS stars as a justification for their post's. When i give my opinion i couldn't care less if i get zero stars or 100 stars. Stars are given based on someone else's interpretation of your post and is actually out of your control. And if you look at the attention span of the average person on ATS user you'll see that comments on the first 2-3 pages always get numerous stars but the longer the threads go on past page 3, the less the stars are given regardless of the content of a post. A lot, not all, but a lot of people on here only read the popular threads and only read the first 2-3 pages and lose interest. Go to nearly any thread on here and have a look at this trend. I wouldn't take it personally if you weren't getting stars for your comments, its just a reflection of peoples short attention spans !

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I have brought this up a few times in the past but I'll mention it again.

Oh ok, I guess we all missed the boat the last time you spoke your word?

Just because someone has strong support online means nothing.

You're 100% in error with your PERSONAL underestimation of the online movement. Meaning, all age groups.

The vast majority of people that visit forums on a regular basis is in the 18-29 demographic. This also happens to be the age demographic with the lowest voter turnout.

I understand what you're dipping your toe into, but you fail to understand anything about the true numbers of older citizens who participate online. How about you give some of these older folks a little credit and respect? You're writting them off like they all are watching wheel of fortune and that they have no mind of their own. That is where you're wrong my friend.

Many of them understand the internet just as good as some doped up teenager learns in a few years. Sounded good though for the average sheople to swallow.

This is a concept many Ron Paul supporters don't seem to understand. The people that participate in online forums represent a small demographic.

It's more like you don't understand, or even give any credit whatsoever to the older folks who in fact do comprehend what your agenda is so desperately trying to convey. Get over yourself. Maybe you need Phage to come on in and clean your mess up like he usually does. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I agree my friend! I could not have said it better myself. What is sad is the sheoplized yes men who have fallen for the system of fraud that has buried Ron Paul's true numbers, and then the robots who actually believe that the media fabricated canidate Santorum has any chance whatsoever to win the next election against the madman Obama. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Did Ron Paul just mop the floor again in the Arizona debate. I didn't watch it but I watched highlights, read some comments.

Santorum is claiming Ron Paul and Romney are ganging up on him, waaa Somehow they both seem to be saying the same thing at the same time. The truth. I though he sounded a little like a spoiled rich kid, and looks the part. He's supposed to be headed for out after tonight. I hope so.

Newt threw in the towel, an is done, some believe. More hope so.

Santorum's people think Romney and Paul have a deal to split the ticket. I guess it might work as long as Ron Paul is president, and Romney Vice.

Might not be perfect but it's better than anything we got now.

One thing I liked about this debate was the mods reaction to the crowd, especially when they started asking about contraception.

Then to me it seemed like Ron Paul took control, and and the mood changed to more like, can you tell us what your plan is to save our country before it's too late? Only Ron Paul could step up the plate and actually answer the question

And please tell me why Santorum isn't a total ignoramus for trying to say one more time that Ron Paul is the ear mark king, only to have have Ron Paul have filet of Santorum hide again explaining to him, and America why ear marks are better than spending bills, and yes he voted the ear mark, but voted against the spending bill it was in.

Santorum apparently never saw a spending bill he didn't like.

This is the first time ever there was talk about Ron Paul being on the ticket, and it coming from the Santorum people. I them Romney is starting to see writing on the wall. No matter how much money he's got, Ron Paul has the delegates.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Santorum really must have done badly. If he's really out, we know Newt's not coming back. It really might be a 2 man race after all, just like Ron Paul said.

If they end up with neither one having enough delegates to win, but each having more than everyone else I could see a deal struck between the republicans, Romney, and Paul to let Paul be to top of the ticket to keep him from going third party. They'll hate to do it, but if Paul goes to the convention with a lot of power what can they do. he could start one speech and then announce he's going third party and they couldn't stop him. At least if Romney is vice president, they'll have an inside man.

That debate was the most interesting one.
edit on 23-2-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by mrnotobc because: because is spell like stupid

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
At the end of this vid this msm guy admits Ron Paul is second in delegates. just the way these guys are talking to and about Ron Paul seems somehow different. Maybe the worm really has turned. Or maybe wrod came down from the top there's a deal brewing.

i have noticed Ron Paul and Romney are a little chummy.

Second in delegates.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

The thought of those two being chummy is frightening only because Paul and Romney couldn't be any more different.

Santorum seems to be getting paranoid. He should because he's the choice of the faith-based knuckle-dragger demographic in this country. He can't get past that crowd for sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by mrnotobc

The thought of those two being chummy is frightening only because Paul and Romney couldn't be any more different.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join