It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Ways Your Boss is Downsizing Your Health Insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Many employers are finding ways to cut THEIR costs for employee insurance.

Apparently they have a plan and it may not be good for you and me.

An article has pointed out some things to look out for and has opened some questions we all need to consider.

1. Offer high-deductible health insurance plans

2. Steer you to cost-efficient health care providers

3. Reward good health habits, penalize bad ones

4. Charge extra for spouses who can get health insurance coverage elsewhere

5. Raise copays and your share of the premium

Each one of these will be a potential problem

The good news?

Although employers are looking for ways to cut costs, most don't plan to terminate health insurance coverage. Only 9% of employers with 500 or more workers say they're likely to drop health benefits in 2014, when health insurance exchanges are operating, Mercer says. About one-fifth of employers with 10 to 499 employees say they're likely to terminate coverage in 2014.
ONLY 9% will drop ??
Consider this: if you get "dropped" and you have to pay $10,000 a year for your "own" plan, I hope you make enough to get by after paying the bills !!

I doubt the employers will be giving raises to make up the difference !!

This looks like another Obama-Scare loophole that somebody forgot to tell you about until the law was passed and we now see "what's in it"

Not everybody will be able to get medicaid

Five Ways Your Boss is Downsizing Your Health Insurance

I think the healthcare industry has been Corporatized

Welcome to the war on the middle class !!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As someone who was in the corporate insurance brokerage field for over 20 years, I can assure you that these are not new tactics. Where I live (NY area), the average annual increase for a small employer (defined as under 50 employees) has been anywhere between 10-15 percent annually. We're talking about monthly premiums around $650 for single coverage and $1,800 for family coverage for mediocre coverage. The individual marketplace is even worse with rates exceeding $1,400 for single coverage and $3,500 for family. Once the true and full affects of the law kick in (2014), I think that the 9% droppage figure you cited will be MUCH higher.

There are MANY things you can blame on Obamacare (such as having no provisions to stem the rise in healthcare and pharmaceutical costs), but the actions you cited are certainly not due to Obamacare.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just wait until is governmentized
heh thats going to be a gem..

It will be like going to the dmv
except for heart surgery!

new topics

join