It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only In Detroit. (police shooting)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It only keeps getting worse here in Michigan and here is a good example of the kinds of things people are dealing with on a daily basis. I fear that things are only going to get worse around here.

www.wxyz.com...

DETROIT, Mich. (WXYZ) - Detroit police officers sitting down to eat lunch at a Detroit restaurant get involved in a gunfight when a man has a gun pulled on him in the parking lot.

Read more: www.wxyz.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thank God the policemen were there when that happened! Most officers are good, decent men and it sounds like these two are no exception. It's sad that this kind of thing seems to be happening at an exponential rate, though. Scary stuff!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't know. I mean, yeah, it's horrible, but I don't walk around worried about getting shot. I live about 25 minutes north of Detroit, I've been going down town since I was a child and never have worried about walking around.

But there are good and bad parts to every city. We just have a lot of vacant homes on the west side that shady / desperate people hide out in, which I'm sure this shooting was somewhere in the same vicinity.

The city is poor, they're trying to revitalize it, but they're putting bandages on injuries that need surgery and rehab. It's time to say goodbye to the auto industry and move on to something else. Diversify the economy, bring other major players / industries in, like we should have 60 years ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

This is one reason I'll try my best to avoid Detroit.

I'm glad it's not that bad hereyet... I fully suspect this will be the norm everywhere eventually. Good luck up there...

top topics

join