It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF factions push for offensive in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A senior officer in the IDF Southern Command is calling for a "justified" military offensive into The Gaza Strip.

He cites all the recent attacks on Israel with rockets and other weapons and says there is no need to wait for further provocations.

The IDF has been preparing for such an offensive for some time now.

02/20/2012 00:34 -- JPost, Israel

Calls are mounting within the IDF’s Southern Command to launch a large-scale offensive against Hamas and Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip in the face of continued rocket attacks over the weekend.

On Saturday night, the Israel Air Force bombed a number of targets in the Strip in response to the firing of a number of Grad-model Katyusha rockets into Israel. One landed in Beersheba on Saturday. In another attack, an RPG was fired at an IDF patrol along the border with Gaza.
Related:

IDF: Soldier kidnapping threat up since Schalit deal
IDF faces near-shutdown come April 1

“There is no need to wait for a provocation to launch an offensive against terrorist infrastructure in the Gaza Strip,” a senior officer in the Southern Command explained. “The ongoing attacks – by rockets and along the border – are cumulatively more than enough to justify immediate action.”

Last month, The Jerusalem Post revealed that the IDF General Staff had ordered the Southern Command to speed up preparations for a possible large-scale operation in the Strip within the coming months.

Possible Gaza Offensive by IDF Looming ?

Israel has been "responding" to the recent attacks with isolated bombing runs

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Damn... I cant beat the crap of iran cause hes a big guy and my friends are not with me yet and I will be wooped... so lets find a 5 year old kid... AHA! THERE YOU ARE GAZA... I will now unleash my coward frustrations! TAKE THAT 5 YEAR OLD KID!

Damn it felt good gang spanking that kid... ahh... much more relieved now... woosh... now it kinda makes it easier to wait for my friends to show up so I can spank that guy... damn him... and stupid friends that dont show up.

Israel... what a coward bully of a nation you are. Yet again spanking the little ones.

On a suicide rampage, Iran even facing annihilation, should wipe israel off the map, with everything they got, all at once, being srbms, mrbm, icbms, nukes, chem and bio weapons... everything. Unleash it all at once, and in 1 second rid the world of this cancer. It would be suicide because everyone else would jump on them, but its like a noble action for the better future of mankind.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Iran facing annihilation? Thats a bit premature and very inaccurate. No one is going to nuke Iran and anyone that even mentions that happening is talking out of their ass. You don't go around nuking countries that have millions of people who would rather not have anything to do with this entire mess. Nuclear weapons nowadays are too powerful to use, if the wind blows in the wrong direction you just killed innocent people in another country and then therye going to be at war with you. If youre going to bomb someone stick to crowd pleasers.

I couldn't give a rats ass if Iran has nukes as long as they swear on Allah they will not give those nukes to their terrorist buddies in Hamas and Hezbollah. Swear on Allah while taking 3 lie detector tests.
edit on 19-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Iran facing annihilation? Thats a bit premature and very inaccurate. No one is going to nuke Iran and anyone that even mentions that happening is talking out of their ass. You don't go around nuking countries that have millions of people who would rather not have anything to do with this entire mess. Nuclear weapons nowadays are too powerful to use, if the wind blows in the wrong direction you just killed innocent people in another country and then therye going to be at war with you. If youre going to bomb someone stick to crowd pleasers.

I couldn't give a rats ass if Iran has nukes as long as they swear on Allah they will not give those nukes to their terrorist buddies in Hamas and Hezbollah. Swear on Allah while taking 3 lie detector tests.
edit on 19-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Iran would face total annihilation if they completely destroyed israel because the world would turn on them...

But it would be a sacrifice for the best. I just want that dangerous little nation off the face of the planet so we can have a more stable world, no matter the means, just the ends. Please someone, stop Israel's terrorist state once and for all... is it so hard? Come on...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think a large scale operation against Gaza will be initiated a few days or even a week before Iran kicks off.
Israel will want to nullify Hamas before Iran gives them the greenlight.

new topics

top topics

join