It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of jobless file for disability when unemployment benefits run out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by andersensrm

Personally I've never seen someone park in a handicap parking spot and actually look handicapped. I mean they got up, walked around just fine, talked okay, doesn't make sense to me.

I hear you there. Everyday I see this as well everywhere I go. Yes I am disabled, yes I have to use a cane to assist in walking, nope never had I even considered getting one of those tags. But it does make my blood boil when I see it as well. And I am sorry but if someone is obese and doesn't require a wheelchair to get around they should not qualify for special parking, in fact maybe park a little further and it might help your health if anyone knows what I am getting at. Pregnant women should be allowed a short term pass in my opinion though.

I hear ya there. I think you represent a small percentage of people out there. Not many people in your position would resist getting those tags, I thank you sir.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

And I am sorry but if someone is obese and doesn't require a wheelchair to get around they should not qualify for special parking, in fact maybe park a little further and it might help your health if anyone knows what I am getting at..

Get a life. Many people with disorders like severe autoimmune diseases. neurological disorders and a number of other diseases. are put on Prednisone or other meds like it.
The worse part is the side effects of the drugs are severe weight gain.
While in many cases these drugs save the persons life there side effects may be morbid obesity..

There are many people out there that are obese because of medical disorders and medication and not because they over eat and in many cases are unable to exercise because of these disorders.

I have Sarciodosis with co-morbid neuropathy and fibromyalgia for me walking is like walking on broken glass and my feet feel like they are on fire 24/7
Yes i am over weight that is because of the prednisone as i have been on a low carb low calorie diet since before the prednisone.
Just looking at me you can not tell i have these disorders and all you will see is me being over weight.
Do i have handicap placard yes but in the town i live in i very rarely use it as the town is small enough there are almost no place you would have to walk any distance.
but if i am in LA Calif or other big cities i use my placard all the time because most places have a shortage of parking for the size of there businesses

And since you are not a medical doctor and have not treated the person your opinion does not count anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Wow, talk about discrimination based on age.

Then again, insecurity transcends all boundaries, whether they be real or imagined.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wanderingstar

It's because people like jrod live in a fantasy world where all of the country's ills can be blamed on the youth.

I'm sure jrod was once picked on by those older than him at simply because he was once young like the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

You quoted something I didn't say.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join