It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading the Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Neil MacGregor: 2600 years of history in one object
19:37 Posted Feb 2012; Filmed Jul 2011
A clay cylinder covered in Akkadian cuneiform script, damaged and broken, the Cyrus Cylinder is a powerful symbol of religious ... More »
Rocks in... Talks

: 2600 years of history in one object

Object

Object may refer to:
....................Object (philosophy), a thing, being or concept

Entity,

something that is tangible and within the grasp of the senses.............Text

Look up objectin Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Noun

clay (usually uncountable; plural clays)
1.A mineral substance made up of small crystals of silica and alumina, that is ductile when moist; the material of pre-fired ceramics.
2.An earth material with ductile qualities. (exists..?)

edit on 20-2-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This Bulls** again...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

This Bulls** again...

Yep, it's BS alright, and I got it straight from the King James Bible. Read it, take notes and have some reference like I said, and you will see that. You all are always attempting to convert, all I do is show the truth about what is in your book. What is wrong with that? Oh, yeah, makes it hard to brainwash people.
The Epic of Gilgamesh is a historical text, no BS there. The Exposing Christianity website is actual words and what they mean. God's Mistakes is the mistakes God made, prove me wrong? And you cannot say your God is not a killer, and a cruel master. And lastly, Yahweh fits the biblical description, and I call a duck a duck, don't know what you call it.

Here is a description of the Leviathan:

Job 41:20 Out of his [Leviathan] nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

And here is description of Yahweh, the ‘God’ of the Bible:

Psalm 18:8, 2 Samuel 22:9 There went up a smoke out of his [Yahweh] nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

Sounds like a dragon to me!
kalki666.wordpress.com...

The very name of Yahweh comes from the Cannanite Dragon God Yaw. He is specifically described spewing fire from his mouth and smoke from his nostrils.
Were Humans Created by Reptilians?
I invite you to use your vast biblical knowledge to prove me wrong, CaptainNemo.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

autowrench says:

The Epic of Gilgamesh is a historical text, no BS there.

Yeah, I use the King James Bible. I also use the interlineal bible, the septaguint and the Hebrew Strong's dictionary when I undetake an exegesis of biblical texts. I don't limit myself, all these works are interdependent of each other for the most accurate Biblical view. Now you listen and take notes. Set aside your disdain for the Bible for just a moment, and let's examine both critically. Unlike you I'll accept your challenge with unbias. Early summerian-akkadian texts and myths very closely parallel the Bible and more specifically the Great flood.

The epic of Gilgamesh puts the flood around 2700-2100 B.C
Epic of Gilgamesh

The Bible puts the flood around the same timeframe or 2500-2000 B.C
Biblical Flood

Erosion patterns on the Sphinx point to it being submerged in water at one point in time i.e 2400-2000 B.C
genesismission.4t.com...

So can we say 2500 B.C?

Also cleanse yourself of these myths about God:

God is omnipotent
God is omniscient
The Old Testament is strictly monotheistic

The descriptions of the God of the Old Testament is ONLY of a very physical presence. I can't attempt to vindicate the ways of God for I am not God, but yes God did command the slaughter of possibly millions of people. Cruel? No. He had a purpose. Throw out some mistakes I will surely shoot them down.

Surely you did believe that a shatty blog with the name 'kalki666' is going to convince anyone of this revelation that you and this man share? Well I took a look anyway, and you and this man are going to have to produce more evidence then TWO quotes! Well let's break it down anyway:

The very name of Yahweh comes from the Cannanite Dragon God Yaw

Okay, well Yaw or Yam is the Leviathan of Job. Yam was the god of the sea and rivers worshiped by the Canaanites, just one of a group of gods including Yahweh. The most complete and accurate accounts of Yam come from the city of Ugarit.

The ancient Canaanite city-state of Ugarit is of utmost importance for those who study the Old Testament. The literature of the city and the theology contained therein go a very long way in helping us to understand the meaning of various Biblical passages as well as aiding us in deciphering difficult Hebrew words. Ugarit was at its political, religious and economic height around the 12th century BCE and thus its period of greatness corresponds with the entry of Israel into Canaan.

www.theology.edu...

We can see that the Old Testament and Ugaritic mythology closely parallel eachother. Sometimes entire poems and passages were simply copied over. Furthermore we can link the two etymologically and chronologically. Elohim is translated to God in the bible. El or the mighty one in the Ugaritic is also the creator of man and Earth. Your contention is based upon the falsity that Satan, the Devil or the Fallen one is the Leviathan, which as aforementioned is impossible because Yahweh and the Leviathan or separate. The gods were a lot of things but impersonators they were not. Ba'al would be the closet thing to the Christian satan or the Christian Leviathan. Ba'al is where the idea of Hell comes from, as worshipers would immolate their sons in the valley of Gehinnon right outside of Jerusalem. Gehinoon and Sheol are the two words that are translated into Hell in the KJV.

But let's consider the epic of Ba'al:

"I, myself, Kindly `El the Beneficent, have taken you upon my hands.
I proclaim your name.
Yam is your name,
Your name is Beloved of `El, Yam."
"[Go against] the hand of the Mighty Baal Most High (´Aliyan Ba´al ) —
Because he spoke ill to me ..."

Ba'al and Yam (Leviathan) as you can see are not the same.

Did I also mention that the Summerian creation account or the Enuma Elish is very similar to a Ugarit account:

"Fearsome Yam came to rule the Gods with an iron fist. He caused Them to labor and toil under His reign. They cried unto Their mother, Asherah, Lady of the Sea. They convinced Her to confront Yam, to interceed in Their behalf.

Asherah went into the presence of Prince Yam. She came before Judge Nahar. She begged that He release His grip upon the Gods Her sons. But Mighty Yam declined Her request. She offered favours to the Tyrant. But Powerful Nahar softened not His heart."

en.wikipedia.org...(god)

The Enuma Elish is often compared to the creation account in Genesis. For example, the Babylonian god finished his work within the span of 6 tablets of stone and Genesis reports six days of creation.

www.theologywebsite.com...

edit on 21-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In the Enuma Elish the minor gods also complain about the menial labor and beseach the mother goddess to go into the presence of the creator god.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Here's another description of the Church's "LEviathan"

The Leviathan of the Middle Ages was used as an image of Satan, endangering both God's creatures—by attempting to eat them—and God's creation—by threatening it with upheaval in the waters of Chaos.[6] St. Thomas Aquinas described Leviathan as the demon of envy, first in punishing the corresponding sinners. (Secunda Secundae Question 36) Leviathan became associated with, and may originally have referred to, the visual motif of the Hellmouth, a monstrous animal into whose mouth the damned disappear at the Last Judgement

In Satanism, according to the author of The Satanic Bible, Anton Szandor LaVey, Leviathan represents the element of Water and the direction of West.

So we can see here that the Leviathan has just been transformed into something it was not, when in biblical times Leviathan was the son of God and subservient to him.

And here read some more about the theological similarities between the Akkadians and Canaanites.
home.comcast.net...
home.comcast.net...

I'm not trying to separate the other theologies and histories using the Bible, I want to unify them. I'll read your thread on the reptillians and share some thoughts.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

-When Adam and Eve gain "knowledge of Good and Evil," God says "Now they are like Us." Now this could mean angels and other heavenly beings but they are not mentioned this early in the book. This mention of "Us" comes when only four characters are present: God, Adam, Eve and the Serpent. (The word "Us" IS capitalized also.)

This is reffering to The Holy Trinity. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The 3 persons of the God head.

-Many characters are said to live 800 or more years. Now, if you take 800 years to mean 800 months it equals 65 years and makes a whole hell of a lot more sense. Maybe 'years' was translated incorrectly.

Maybe... Or maybe people literally live longer before the Flood. Its quite possible due to genetics that people lived much longer back in those times, even scientists today say we have the potential of living much longer.

-Adam and Eve had a kid named Seth

Yep, the human race had to be populated some how.

-God is just completely disappointed with the human beings he first creates. So he does what any logical being would do and drowns them, only to make more of the same and continue to be frustrated with them.

Not quite. In the beggining he says is creation is "Good" it wasn't untill after the fall that God was disappointed. But Jesus is the reedemer and he came to pay the price for our sins so we could get another chance to re-connect with God.

-The first thing Noah does after the water dries up is get hammered on wine and pass out in his tent naked, and his son Ham finds him. He tells his brothers and they cover him up without looking.

Not surpising after the ordeal he went through and spending all that time building the Ark. I think some celebration was in order, don't you?

-The Tower of Babel story seems to be lacking loads of details. First they're building this tower and then God says "look, you guys are being jerks trying to build this thing so high - you're starting to act like gods, so...you got different languages now." Sounds like an oppressive dictator, something to take in to consideration.

Sounds like you need to read it again. Tower of babel explains why we have so many different languages today and why there are different colored people around the world.

I'll be posting follow-up threads as I continue reading. It's turning out to be pretty fascinating.

It gets even more facinating when you get to the New Testament and about how God loves us so much he sent his only begotten son to pay for our sins so we could get Eternal Life. Its also very interesting learning about the early Christians who were heavily persecuted for there beliefs. The Bible is a fascinating book, it gives us answers science can not.
edit on 21-2-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

God is omnipotent
God is omniscient

Have to dispute you right there. First off, if God is omnipotent, meaning having very great or unlimited authority or power over all things, then why are Christians so deathly afraid of Satan and Demons? And if God is omniscient, meaning having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things, then why this passage in 2 Chronicles 32:31?

"And even in the matter of the envoys of the rulers of Babylon, who sent to him to inquire of the wonder that had happened in the land, God left him alone only to test him, that He might know all that was in his heart."

Why did not God already KNOW what had happened, and what was in the man's heart?
Now let's take a hard look at 1 Kings 19:11-12:
"11 So He said, "Go forth and stand on the mountain before the LORD." And behold, the LORD was passing by! And a great and strong wind was rending the mountains and breaking in pieces the rocks before the LORD ; but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire ; and after the fire a sound of a gentle blowing."

Did God tell a lie here? God even repents! Don't believe me? Check
Exodus 32:14:
"And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people." Why would an omnipotent and omniscient God need to repent?
And, according to Leviticus 29,
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat."
I am now to eat my sons and daughters? And then there is Deuteronomy 21:10-14, which commands one to take wives by force, in today's world we call this rape. Some God you have there. Here are a few more of these atrocities:
God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.
Kills all the first-born in the land of Egypt.
Orders mass murder:
"Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor." (Ex. 32:27)
And orders cannibalism"
"Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers; and I will execute judgements in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter into all the winds." (Ezekiel 5:8-10)
One last thing. Worship Jesus as God, do you? Question: Jesus was a Jew, it is said, and the OT was supposedly taken directly from the Talmud. Agreed? Then why do the Hebrews accept Jesus as the Messiah? I asked this of a friend who is a Hebrew Scholar and Jewish Rabbi, who told me:
1. Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:
A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.
He also says Biblical verses about Jesus were mistranslated from the original to suit an agenda:
A. Virgin Birth:
The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus’ birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.
Of the 15,000 religions in human history, only Judaism bases its belief on national revelation—i.e. God speaking to the entire nation. If God is going to start a religion, it makes sense He’ll tell everyone, not just one person. (Jesus)
Christianity contradicts Jewish Theology, as it sees God as being Three. (Christian Trinity)
The Catholic idea of Trinity breaks God into three separate beings: The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).

Contrast this to the Shema, the basis of Jewish belief: "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deut. 6:4). Jews declare the Shema every day, while writing it on doorposts (Mezuzah), and binding it to the hand and head (Tefillin). This statement of God’s One-ness is the first words a Jewish child is taught to say, and the last words uttered before a Jew dies.
In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Read carefully:

"Also cleanse yourself of these myths about God:

God is omnipotent
God is omniscient
The Old Testament is strictly monotheistic "

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." I am now to eat my sons and daughters? And then there is Deuteronomy 21:10-14, which commands one to take wives by force, in today's world we call this rape.

In Leviticus the Lord God is adressing the farming community of which he had covenant with, not speaking to the entire world.

God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.

Surely the wickedness done by men were much worse. Let me quote myself:

egarding the allowed wholesale massacre of entire cities and peoples, Yahweh finally get's tired after the Babel incident and divides the lands up according to their inheritance. The Lord god's or Yahweh's part was Israel, and this is where he hereforth is known as the God of Israel. Israel is the apple of his eye. The aforementioned nations are given up to idolaraty and are now enemies or allies to Israel NO exceptions. If you did not submit to the Lord's nation you were slaughtered. Understand the contexts, Israel is the nation whose patriarch had not strayed from the path of righteousness (Abraham) and it is to be the word of God. More importantly it will be the nation to birth the messiah Yeshua, so you see it was of utmost importance that the survivability of Israel be ensured. Just like modern times the arab world wants to eradicate the Jewish state...Same thing back then. God isn't nice enough for you so you call him the Devil? You don't even know the Devil hahahah... You should be on the floor thanking him for sacrificing his only son, for if he had not surely there would be reckoning for your blasphemy and transgressions.

Perhaps you'll like this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not stressing anybody being killed, I think you're taking death to seriously. You're afraid of death.?

One last thing. Worship Jesus as God, do you? Question: Jesus was a Jew, it is said, and the OT was supposedly taken directly from the Talmud. Agreed? Then why do the Hebrews accept Jesus as the Messiah? I asked this of a friend who is a Hebrew Scholar and Jewish Rabbi, who told me:

They will be fulfilled, i.e Revelations and I'm not a Jew. I don't have a religious affiliation. I believe in God, but that doesn't mean I should subscribe to anybodies opinion of him.

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin."

Actually it's translated from the word "maiden" which was another word for virgin. And it was translated by the Greek SEptaguint, not Christians. The trinity is not real either. Again I'll quote myself

Translators maintain that the when God refers to "us" he means himself and only himself. His eternal self that has always existed and his infinite self that creates. The trinity is a concept of Christianity. The word trinity is not used in any Bible, it is a creation of church figures of the 16th century; it is a combination of the Holy ghost, Yeshua , and Yahweh.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

God is omnipotent
God is omniscient
The Old Testament is strictly monotheistic
God would be practically omniscient on account of being told things by beings who keep Him informed.
God is a spirit and only has power in spiritual ways.
The OT speaks of many other gods.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

This is reffering to The Holy Trinity. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The 3 persons of the God head.

No it does not.
The claim that it does, is an invention by christians to support the idea of the "trinity".

The trinity idea might be plausible if the jews, who also read from the Old Testament... also believed in God being a trinity. But the fact is, they don't.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

No it does not.
The claim that it does, is an invention by christians to support the idea of the "trinity".

The trinity idea might be plausible if the jews, who also read from the Old Testament... also believed in God being a trinity. But the fact is, they don't.

Its quite obvious it does, and anyone reading the Bible with the guidance of the Holy spirit will be revealed to this truth. There are plenty of verses that speak about the trinity. Does it matter what the Jews believe? They deny the messiah has even come yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Does it matter what the Jews believe? They deny the messiah has even come yet.

That was my point, exactly. The Christian Messiah is in fact a Hebrew man, back then the Jewish Race was not yet called that, and followed what was the Talmud, handed down to Moses at Sinai, which even today the Hebrews follow, sometimes to the letter. And the Hebrews do not see the man as the Messiah, for very good reasons. And yet the Hebrew people are wrong in their thinking and beliefs? How can an educated person say that?

It became clear to me quite awhile ago that the New Testament was made up out of thin air, and written as part of an agenda to cement Rome into a Christian Nation, united under one God who is Three, but yet worship as God a man discarded by the very people the Bible was based on. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? But it worked. Rome is the head of the Serpent, and what follows is the tail. Make no mistake about it. It all points to snake, and some churches still today worship snakes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Its quite obvious it does, and anyone reading the Bible with the guidance of the Holy spirit will be revealed to this truth. There are plenty of verses that speak about the trinity.

Really? I see plenty of places where God, his prophets and Jesus all explicitly say God is one.
Is there a verse where its said "God is trinity"? Nope.
You'll need to skew several unrelated verses to draw that meaning. In other words, read things that are not there into the bible.

Does it matter what the Jews believe? They deny the messiah has even come yet.

It should matter to christians what Jews believe concerning the Old Testament.

Why? Because christians claim Jewish scriptures - the Old Testament to be part of their own scriptures....
So... it becomes extremely relevant how the Jews, the original keepers of the Old Testament, interpret THEIR scriptures....and what they believe it says.

Christians just cant just walk in, pick up another peoples scripture..... and then decide what its about and start reading in things like "trinity".

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Christians just cant just walk in, pick up another peoples scripture..... and then decide what its about and start reading in things like "trinity".

But Christians actually do that very thing, they take what a preacher says is in the Holy Book and they believe it as such. I know how this works, my own brother was a minister for many years, and I myself am well versed in Christian Theology.
To illustrate my point, last summer I was in the library, browsing for a book. There was a lady there, looking at books, and I asked could I recommend a good book to her? "Sure," she said, "as long as it is a Christian book, all other books are satanic." I once heard a preacher say the same thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Really? I see plenty of places where God, his prophets and Jesus all explicitly say God is one. Is there a verse where its said "God is trinity"? Nope.

God is one but there are 3 persons in the Godhead.

You'll need to skew several unrelated verses to draw that meaning. In other words, read things that are not there into the bible.

Not really. The Trinity consists of three Persons (Genesis 1:1, 26; 3:22; 11:7; Isaiah 6:8, 48:16, 61:1; Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). In Genesis 1:1, the Hebrew plural noun "Elohim" is used. In Genesis 1:26, 3:22, 11:7 and Isaiah 6:8, the plural pronoun for “us” is used. The word "Elohim" and the pronoun “us” are plural forms, definitely referring in the Hebrew language to more than two.

In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit. Compare Isaiah 61:1 to Luke 4:14-19 to see that it is the Son speaking. Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 are examples of three distinct Persons in the Trinity.

Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Peter 1:2). The Son is God (John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20). The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16).
edit on 22-2-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It seems clear enough to me that the Old Testament describes distinct individuals of the deity.
Isaiah is saying they are one under an umbrella of the term The Lord.
If you look at the rabbinical commentary on it, they say there are names of god you can not eliminate in your scribal function, being that they are names of god which are sacred.
the ones mentioned are:
El
Eloheḵa
Elohim
Elohehem
I AM THAT I AM
Adonai
YHWH
Shaddai
Ẓeḇaoth
Source is T. B. Sheḇuoth 35a, b. Which would be Talmud Babylonian, Sh 'bu 'oth. Or Shebu'oth. Which seems to be a legal sort of book with 8 chapters dealing with the subject of oaths. I found this list and description of it in John Bowman's book on the Fourth Gospel.

edit on 22-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
El
Eloheḵa
Elohim
Elohehem
I AM THAT I AM
Adonai
YHWH
Shaddai
Ẓeḇaoth

edit on 22-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Those are titles, not names. ANd again ELohim can plural or singular.

The sacred name is the tetragrammaton. Yahweh transliterated from YHWH is the closest translation we can get, because the name given to Moses has been lost through oral history

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Thats because the modern bible is missing 2 books that used to be in it but the Roman Catholic Church threw them out because they just gave more details about what happened in genesis between Adam and Abraham and didn;t really expound on the message of salvation. These 2 books are called the Book of Jasher and the book of Enoch. The 2 books dealt with salvation by faith in Yahweh and keeping his commands. Men couldn't keep God's laws, not the way Yahweh wanted them too, instead they made them a tradition of men...just meaningless repitition, much like how the catholics mumble repititiously to Mary even though it doesn't help. So Yahweh sent Jesus, so that instead of having 613 laws to keep track of all you had to do was believe in Jesus and keep his commands which were the 10 commandments he preached on, having mercy on other people and being forgiving, feeding the poor and clothing the needy and giving of yourself 100% with disregard to your own well being because Yahweh would take care of you and meet your own needs through Jesus.

If prophetic language 1 day=1 year, sometimes 1 day=1000 years. So if you talk about Adam's age (he lived 930 years) in prophetic reckoning...he ends up being 334,800 years old when he died or 324 million years . Ofcourse this part of Genesis wasn't spoken in the prophetic language. This is why a non believer can pick up the bible and it seems like gobbledygook when they start reading the prophet's writtings and every book in the bible was inspired by Yahweh and written down by a prophet. Every prophet all the way back to Moses has an end times prophecy in his scriptures. The 324 million year age of Adam falls into creation science where folks talk about Adam running around with dinosaurs. In either case it doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with salvation and instead of focusing on Jesus and Yahweh you end up chasing ghosts about stuff that doesn't matter.

The Old Testament and New Testament verify eachother, you cannot have one without the other. The New Testament is a fulfilling of the prophecies in the Old Testament. What you read in the New can be found in the Old, and what you find in the Old can be found in the New because it's the way Yahweh designed it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I have a problems with the concept of a trinity. The purpose of a singular personal pronoun is for identification. Trinitarians are outright stretching the scripture to mean something that it's not.

"And the spirit of God moved over the waters"

Of denoting posession, so trinitarians believe that he is in possession of himself?
Also when Elohim is used in Genesis 1 it's plural, so Gods. But the next line the Lord's Rauch is sent out. Why is it that the same amount of linguistic consistency is used throughout the Bible but trinitarians want to assert a new meaning?

But critical thinkers are quickly discouraged by garbage like this:

"The mind of man cannot fully understand the mystery of the Trinity. He who would try to understand the mystery fully will lose his mind. But he who would deny the Trinity will lose his soul"

But Peter teaches his Christians to give an answer to those who asks questions:

"Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you..." (1 Peter 3:15).

John 5:7 is the biggest sack of ammunition for trinitarians, however this passage seems was added as late as the 15th century.

The only manuscripts that support this translation come from the Latin Vulgate, where upon examination of the original document you can see in the margins that it was added much later. You see scribes really had the most say so of what went into the Bible, especially doing that time where the theological debate was fierce. Then the trinity was born out of the melee which most scholars fiercely refuted, but the trinitarians had more influence during the time.

Scholars clearly recognize that 1 John 5:7 is not part of the New Testament text. Yet it is still included by some fundamentalists as biblical proof for the Trinity doctrine. Even the majority of the more recent New Testament translations do not contain the above words. They are not found in Moffatt, Phillips, the Revised Standard Version, Williams, or The Living Bible

John 5:7 should most likely read this

"For there are three that bear record, the Spirit, and the water and the blood: and these three agree in one."

I pose one question, did Yeshua ever say he was apart of a trinity?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join