It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Time Capsule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

ATS Time Capsule

I think it would be really cool, to make an ATS Time Capsule!

Everybody can participate and put in this anything he/she wants, this Thread will be then closed and buried for let's say 10 years from now! Maybe the members that participate in this could get an Alert via email, too.

Any statements, videos, pictures. Also predictions, notes to self etc. Just anything (as far T&C allows it, of course)

For me it's the 20th of February now, so let's say this Thread will stay open till the 20th of March.

If this something that the Administration is against, please feel free to delete this Thread.

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ten years from now, some of us will laugh it off (consider me will be one of them), some will try to make excuses, and every few will proudly said "I told you so"

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Better bury it somewhere local coz I doubt we'll be allowed to travel far in ten years time.
That my prediction

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I predict that I wont be reading this in ten years from now on some holographic device.

Note to self: If you're reading this at the same place where you wrote it SHAME on you!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I predict that I wont be reading this in ten years from now on some holographic device.

No you'll be rading it via the chip they forcibly install in our heads. Wow imagine getting a virus in one of those things. LOL wonder what a BSD will look like

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Dear Me and You, of 3,652.42199 days from now,

it is precisely 4:36pm PST, in Vancouver, B.C, Canada. i'm wearing my 94' Canucks shirt and I just ate a Noodles strogonoff TV dinner and chicken strips with plum sauce, it was nice.

I'm currently listening to:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Put in a cassette tape whilse they still are around, even if you show one to kids nowerdays they will laugh themselves half to death let alone kids in ten years time. Or a Sega Megadrive! I still love streets of rage! ha!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

My calculator suggests thats 1000663 years not the 10 years in the op.
Your meal has obviously affected your mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Well, if 1 Year = 365.242199 days, then 10 years would equal 3652.42199 days.
365.242199 X 10 = 3652.42199. OP's math is correct.
Perhaps you should check the batteries on your calculator.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Well, if 1 Year = 365.242199 days, then 10 years would equal 3652.42199 days.
365.242199 X 10 = 3652.42199. OP's math is correct.
Perhaps you should check the batteries on your calculator.

Not the batteries, its my aging eyes

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Edit
edit on 19-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
NICE!!! One of my all time favorite thrash era tunes. Still a great one to practice on, too!

10 years from now? Well, me, I hope you are happy!

it is precisely 4:36pm PST, in Vancouver, B.C, Canada. i'm wearing my 94' Canucks shirt and I just ate a Noodles strogonoff TV dinner and chicken strips with plum sauce, it was nice.

I'm currently listening to:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
let's say 10 years from now!

What do you mean "10 years from now" ...?!

There is no "10 years from now" ...

edit on 20/2/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

We'll see about that in 10 years, then

edit on 20-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Assuming we are not annhialated by some catastrophic event some time this year, I'd say the world probably won't be too different from where it is today. It very well could be worse, judging from our current maelstrom problems. Taxes will probably double, gas at six dollars would be considered cheap. Naturally the United states would be engaged in war with some country, justified by some absurd reason. There will be 10x more laws than freedoms, (scratch that, already current). So- called prophets disappointed by an apparent no-hap on dec. 21st 2012 will continue to prophesize dates in which the world will end. People will still discriminate, the rich will be richer, the poor will be poorer. The average global temp. may be 10 degrees warmer, storms would be more severe, increased fault activity, along with volcanic activity. The year 2022 could make 2012 the "good ol' days."

Another scenario is more positive Humanity could be threatened to a point that would unify us as one race, religions practice love instead of hate, war could be less common. Esoteric principles would be more commonly known, freedom would be a literal term used to define present society, not a term simply used in the declaration, or a term desperate to be heard among the unfortunate. Cancer may actually be cured, government corruption would cease to exist, we will be free to use god given herbs that have for so long been forbidden. Humanity will acknowledge collective conscience and unify in a global effort to change the world. Ignorance wouldn't be the most common mind set. People who fight for change won't be assasinated. Peoples lives will be governed by themselves and no longer by corrupt politicians, we may finally have a president that doesn't lie incessantly. However this is an ideal 2022, humanity has yet to prove that it is capable of change, and be mature enough to fight for it.

We may become extinct by a global war, a catostrophic natural event, or the biblical apocalypse may actually happen, or nothing could happen at all. The change might just be as subtle as the difference between 2002 and 2012.

Anything could happen,
Jac

top topics

join