It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs In The Nasa Archives 2012 Alien UFO Film.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by JimOberg
Every blip with a notch has the notch in the same clock position when it's in the same field-of-view position.

Nope
I

yep.

Like here:

Camera artifacts of the type found in STS-75 tether footage
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

In the meantime have you had any luck getting a copy of that from NASA? Martyn Stubbs did okay capturing those but I would really like to see NASA's copy. With your contacts at NASA should be easy enough, yet for some reason you side track on that issue

Hmmmmmm what is up with that?

Easy answer: mortality constraints.

Practical answer: I'm not the single-point failure here. Somebody else should learn to do it themselves.

Theoretical answer: I've done several in-depth analyses of famous 'shuttle UFO videos' establishing their prosaic nature. They take a lot of work. Once folks can come to a consensus that those studies are the kind of prosaic explanation that's plausible, I can pick the next best in line, then the next one, etc.

EG STS-48, STS-80.

If, however, the consensus is to refuse to believe those existing studies, why waste my time on doing more -- that will also be automatically, closed-mindedly disbelieved?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
Some footage I've not seen before, not bad. The one thing I found interesting is the Houston controller using the phrase "Tally Ho" on two separate occasions.Did anyone else catch that? Brings up the question of code words being used when a possible UFO is sighted.Are there any known code words being used now or in the past that anyone knows about?
Personally I think a lot of the footage could be space junk or artifacts but there were some interesting ones.

I went back and checked and the use of the phrase"Tally Ho" was first used by the astronaut at 5:47 then later by the controller at 6:09.
edit on 20-2-2012 by mark1167 because: add text

A modest suggestion.

What does a jet pilot use the phrase 'tally ho' for?

It goes back to fox hunting days, probably even before.

Brings up the question of somebody's fundamental language skills.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing, a thoroughly amusing film. The best part was at the very end, when the film-maker simulated an old fashioned film by showing swarms of precisely the sort of scratches, hairs and film flaws that he had been portraying as "UFOs" earlier. I hope the lesson wasn't too subtle for the audience.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

Originally posted by ChakaBoy reply to post by TRiPWiRE Is the environment in outer space the same as the environment flying overseas, as far as moisture goes? Hmmm No. But to think that the object in question is anything but a water drop is a little bit bold. How moisture got there, I don't know but I'm sure it's possible. Maybe it’s from on-board or possibly condensation that appeared before / during taking off. Zero gravity would then cause this condensation to gather and ball into a droplet, wouldn't it? Hmmm...

Yes, it would cause it to gather into a droplet..... But that doesn't explain how it moves in the manner that it does. Please explain this to me.

First you say you dont know how mosture got there. Followed by saying you are sure it is possible. And then to cap it all off You say condensation got there, from on board? Or possibly condensation that appeared before/during take off? What do these statements even mean?
It seems to me like you are just throwing ideas out there based on your own personal, preconceived notions.
It would be more intelligent to reserve your thoughts and acknowledge the possibility you may not know what it is rather than giving the half assed explanations in the above quote.
Next time try not to instantly jump to one side of the fence or the other. Try leaving room for alternative possibilities once in a while.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

A compilation of edited footage

Is this meant to be a criticism? It's not tampered with, so are you saying that the footage is taken out of context? When would that be relevant? Apart from audio such as "Firing up engines" for example.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

A compilation of edited footage

Is this meant to be a criticism? It's not tampered with, so are you saying that the footage is taken out of context? When would that be relevant? Apart from audio such as "Firing up engines" for example.

It would make a big difference if the actual source of each clip -- date/time, mission -- were provided, maybe even just in the text description or appended at the end. This would allow people interested in checking out prosaic explanations to see what else was going on at that time in the mission.

By leaving off such information, the presenters -- often deliberately, I'm afraid -- are sabotaging any possible true checkup of the videos, while still demanding that skeptics 'debunk this' or admit it's a true UFO.

That's cheating.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I quit watching after five minute because they still had not gotten to the title topic. Oh well.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I've done several in-depth analyses of famous 'shuttle UFO videos' establishing their prosaic nature.

IF you have done these in-depth analyses of famous 'shuttle UFO videos' as you claim, then you would have to have a copy of the originals...

Seeing as you can't produce them and keep making excuses that "someone else' should do it, when no one else here has the CLAIMED rapport with NASA and familiarity with their data base that YOU claim to have, it would lead one to the obvious conclusion that your simply evading the issue

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Camera artifacts of the type found in STS-75 tether footage
www.youtube.com...

Is that your channel 'Jim'? MoronAntidote

That one is showing only ONE disk... not many with the attitude of several disks in different directions, but thank... I was looking for that one for comparison

BTW that MoronAntidote only posts comments he approves Figures. Looks like he likes to here himself talk

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't have any sketches, but I'll describe it to the best of my ability....
Back in the early 1970's I looked out the window one night and saw a huge white light in the sky, about the size of a dime if you held it up to the sky. It was really bright. You could tell it wasn't still; it was kind of hovering. As I stood watching it trying to figure out what it was there were 5 or 6 smaller objects that came out of the bottom of the large craft and took off into space! I just stood there with my mouth open. The large object stayed in the same location until I finally got tired of standing there, and went back to the living room. I grew up in the country, so there were no street lights blocking out the night sky.
I continued to see UFOs in the sky after that. They would go in crazy directions, stop, zigzag, and take off from a dead stop to being gone from view in a split second! All these just appeared as a bright round light from a distance, but could have been a different shape up close. Some appeared to flash different colors.
My close encounter was went I was coming home one night after working second shift. I came to this fast food restaurant and remember looking at my watch to see if I had time to go through the drive-through before they closed. It was 10:40 p.m., and they closed at 11:00 p.m. So I pulled into the drive-through lane with 3 cars ahead of me and another behind me. Once I placed my order I pulled up with 2 cars still ahead of me at the serving window. Then I saw something flashing in the sky. I kept watching it, and it got closer, and closer. It was flashing orange/red and green lights. As it approached even closer I could see it was oblong-shaped like a cigar, and flipping end over end. One end had the orange/red light glowing from it, and the other end had the green light. This object made absolutely no noise at all! As it approached just above the tree tops across the road it stopped flipping, and just glided through the air. It came down extremely low, just over the top of the building, and shot down a bright beam that went right beside my car in the parking lot! I noticed no one else seemed to be looking at it so I stuck my head all the way out my window and hollered at the car behind me, "What the hell it that thing?!!" I was so scared I was shaking! No one answered, and actually, everyone seemed to be suspended in time, no one was moving at all! After the light beam passed my car it started slowly flipping again, and then took off into the sky, and was gone in the blink of an eye!
The strange thing that confused me most about this encounter was the fact I lost 20 minutes from the time I saw the UFO until it took off again, which only seemed like maybe 2 or 3 minutes, and the fact that no one else seemed to even notice it, like they were all statues, not moving at all! I still haven't figured this out, but I heard of others losing time when they saw UFOs, and it turned out they were abducted! I won't go that far, but if I was, I don't want to remember it!
I hope this helps you visualize it, since I have no sketches to offer.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Some footage I've not seen before, not bad. The one thing I found interesting is the Houston controller using the phrase "Tally Ho" on two separate occasions.Did anyone else catch that? Brings up the question of code words being used when a possible UFO is sighted.Are there any known code words being used now or in the past that anyone knows about?
Personally I think a lot of the footage could be space junk or artifacts but there were some interesting ones.

I went back and checked and the use of the phrase"Tally Ho" was first used by the astronaut at 5:47 then later by the controller at 6:09.

I'm pretty sure there was a case that astronauts used "santa claus" as a code word...
2nd..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

I'm pretty sure there was a case that astronauts used "santa claus" as a code word...
2nd..

Yes. Oddly enough, it was used on Christmas Eve.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

2nd..

Wasn't "Santa Claus" used on an Apollo mission? Santa Claus was a bit primitive of a code word.It kinda stands out against all the other chatter, so does "Tally Ho" I guess when you think about it . Do you know of any others?
If they are aware that people were listening, the use of outlandish code words seems a bit silly.I think they might use mundane codes to mask there conversations.Codes that would sound like various tasks or routines to us but actually be coded phrases.Just a guess.
Santa Claus seemed to be used in the context of something visual and referred to something obviously flying."Tally Ho" was used in two different contexts.Here they are.

Astronaut: "There are three objects. The one you see, you see two ring's right, there the ones we kinda had the late Tally ho on."

Controller : " We're Tally Ho , can you get a still imagery if you can and any estimate on size or range."

So from these two communications we can see the phrase Tally ho used twice but both times used in different ways.Interesting.Sorry I'm not trying to sidetrack this thread but this seems more interesting to me now than arguing about blurry images, space junk, and attifacts. These transmissions seem to point directly to the fact they saw something they couldn't explain. So without the pictures we have confirmation of something.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

2nd..

Wasn't "Santa Claus" used on an Apollo mission? Santa Claus was a bit primitive of a code word.It kinda stands out against all the other chatter, so does "Tally Ho" I guess when you think about it . Do you know of any others?
If they are aware that people were listening, the use of outlandish code words seems a bit silly.I think they might use mundane codes to mask there conversations.Codes that would sound like various tasks or routines to us but actually be coded phrases.Just a guess.
Santa Claus seemed to be used in the context of something visual and referred to something obviously flying."Tally Ho" was used in two different contexts.Here they are.

Astronaut: "There are three objects. The one you see, you see two ring's right, there the ones we kinda had the late Tally ho on."

Controller : " We're Tally Ho , can you get a still imagery if you can and any estimate on size or range."

So from these two communications we can see the phrase Tally ho used twice but both times used in different ways.Interesting.Sorry I'm not trying to sidetrack this thread but this seems more interesting to me now than arguing about blurry images, space junk, and attifacts. These transmissions seem to point directly to the fact they saw something they couldn't explain. So without the pictures we have confirmation of something.

Well, it seems to me that "tally ho" could be being used to mean chasing or tracking I suppose, what do you think? As in "Tally ho! After It!"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Every blip with a notch has the notch in the same clock position when it's in the same field-of-view position.

Nope

I will have to do some screen caps later to show it seeing as people seem to see what they want to see

Been meaning to anyway I will get back to you.

In the meantime have you had any luck getting a copy of that from NASA? Martyn Stubbs did okay capturing those but I would really like to see NASA's copy. With your contacts at NASA should be easy enough, yet for some reason you side track on that issue

Hmmmmmm what is up with that?
edit on 20-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)
You are not the only one calling for NASA copies of Martyn Stubbs UFO videos. No less than Dr. Joseph Nuth III, NASA Head of Astrochemistry in 1999, wrote in an E mail published in the book "Evidence: the case for NASA UFOs",

that NASA should release their videos of the various incidents.

"A second line of investigation would be to obtain more evidence of the original sightings. (e.g. additional shuttle camera tapes-there are at least 4 mounted in the bay) to see if the same objects were seen on these."

NASA will not & has not ever released their versions in all these years! I suspect it is because Dr. Nuth is right. A NASA version would show the same objects...so no release!

Not even to their super skeptic, Jim Oberg, who has spent 12 years trying to get his own copies.

And
zorgon, last night on NBC nightly News, during a feature on the anniversary of the 1st orbital flight..NBC confirmed the Martyn Stubbs 'Carpenter clip' where he says that NASA thought there were "living creatures"..."critters" in Space, after that flight.He also saw them.

NBC said that NASA thought the fireflies were "SPACE BUGS" !!!! These were seen on the 1st 4 orbital flights.
After Cooper's mission, TIME magazine (May 24th), on a drawing it published showing the various orbits they wrote
"spotted Fireflies over Perth"...

meaning

after applying all the 1960s brainpower at NASA to this 'Firefly' mystery, they still had not solved anything after at least 4 missions & were still thinking 'space bugs'. Then came years of changing explanations, 1st it was urine..then dust bunnies, then ice & today Glenn says "not sure"!!

I am ...Space has a secret biosphere, containing various kinds of living space animals. This is in addition to occupied, constructed craft... & people spotting UFOs sometimes get them mixed up. The critters are generally invisible & can be seen in the UV & infrared.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
You are not the only one calling for NASA copies of Martyn Stubbs UFO videos. No less than Dr. Joseph Nuth III, NASA Head of Astrochemistry in 1999, wrote in an E mail published in the book "Evidence: the case for NASA UFOs", that NASA should release their videos of the various incidents. [/]

Nuth thought David Sereda was a loon who distorted and misreported his patient explanations about why the videos Sereda was drooling over were really only ordinary space scenes, no aliens. Anything Sereda CLAIMED Nuth said is just about as reliable as Sereda's reported face-to-face conversations with Jesus Christ -- and no, i'm not making this up.

"A second line of investigation would be to obtain more evidence of the original sightings. (e.g. additional shuttle camera tapes-there are at least 4 mounted in the bay) to see if the same objects were seen on these."

Sereda made sure to avoid any real space shuttle experts -- Nuth worked at the Goddard Center which dealt solely with unmanned satellites -- so he can be forgiven in not realizing that the suite of exterior cameras on the shuttle went into one feed to the ground, with a single camera selected, or two cameras in a split screen. ALL the exterior cameras were not transmitting to Earth simo.

NASA will not & has not ever released their versions in all these years! I suspect it is because Dr. Nuth is right. A NASA version would show the same objects...so no release! Not even to their super skeptic, Jim Oberg, who has spent 12 years trying to get his own copies.

That's news to me -- I've had those copies for years. I've just been urging others to get their OWN copies, but all they do is whine and want ME to do THEIR work for them.

last night on NBC nightly News, during a feature on the anniversary of the 1st orbital flight..NBC confirmed the Martyn Stubbs 'Carpenter clip' where he says that NASA thought there were "living creatures"..."critters" in Space, after that flight.He also saw them. NBC said that NASA thought the fireflies were "SPACE BUGS" !!!! These were seen on the 1st 4 orbital flights.

You have SERIOUS comprehension problems with English. Take a look at the clip
NBC ‘Nightly News’, Brian Williams, Feb 20, 2012
www.msnbc.msn.com...
where Williams reports on the “brilliant flying sparkles out the window”… and goes on to say, “Some at NASA actually thought they might be living things, space bugs – but it was just frost off the capsule.”…

Note, 'some', and note, it was only a fleeting first impression..

The ice explanation became the universal consensus of the space team within, oh, about twelve hours of Glenn's landing, once they had a chance to analyze the particles' motion and appearance.

....after applying all the 1960s brainpower at NASA to this 'Firefly' mystery, they still had not solved anything after at least 4 missions & were still thinking 'space bugs'. Then came years of changing explanations, 1st it was urine..then dust bunnies, then ice & today Glenn says "not sure"!!

Fantasy. Enjoy it, but don't try to claim others should accept it as 'fact'.

edit on 22-2-2012 by JimOberg because: clean-up

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join