It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum telling ridiculous lies about my country

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The slippery slope comes in when patient's are euthanized without their consent or knowledge.

I agree with much you've said, but believe you are over-thinking this. When one is euthanized without their knowledge or consent, it is no longer euthanasia. It is homicide.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

He is far better than flip flop Mitt. At least he's honest. Mitt on the other hand is a mass production lie machine.

What a clown this guy...still believing in these cartoon politicians...what the hell is wrong with you

edit on 21-2-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

I believe in what exactly? You know my political philosophy and candidate leanings?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Pictures say more than a thousand words:

What a joke!!! Who are those people voting for that lunatic??

Having said that, I'm HAPPY he's still in the race...mostly because his candidacy results in hilarious Colbert Reports and Daily Shows

Are the people voting for that crazy person really convinced this guy will be good for the US image? The entire world will laugh their assess off...luckily he doesn't stand a chance in hell. Obama's not great, but compared to that clown he's a friggin' Einstein with moral values of Mother Teresa

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

At least Rick is honest, and Mitt the flip is definitely not.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

He is far better than flip flop Mitt. At least he's honest. Mitt on the other hand is a mass production lie machine.

What a clown this guy...still believing in these cartoon politicians...what the hell is wrong with you

edit on 21-2-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

I believe in what exactly? You know my political philosophy and candidate leanings?

Why would you even make such a statement? "At least he's honest"...as if what he is saying is true. And calling politicians by their first name as if you know them on a personal basis...it's just too clownish.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by MrXYZ

At least Rick is honest, and Mitt the flip is definitely not.

If he's a crazy person (yes, I consider him mentally ill considering his beliefs), does it matter if he's honest? And Mitt is a bought sock puppet, so not an option either. Not a single GOP candidate rises above the rest and isn't a total clown. Sadly that includes Ron Paul, because his solution to stopping money buying politics is "make them sign a voluntary pledge". What a joke!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You are comparing OBama to Mother Theresa???? It's easy to be a Marxist and tell everyone they have to pay more taxes or pay for someone else's health care.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by MrXYZ

You are comparing OBama to Mother Theresa???? It's easy to be a Marxist and tell everyone they have to pay more taxes or pay for someone else's health care.

I didn't compare him to Mother Theresa...I said compared to Santorum he seems like a Mother Theresa. Given the amount of crazy statements Santorum makes, this isn't a bad analogy

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
MrXYZ, you might want to stop trying to explain it to him, it seems he just doesn't get it.

It's almost like Santorum himself made an account to post his genius replies.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org... this became legal in 2002. Apparently recourse to this practice is increasing, but it would be hard to say how excessively it is used. It is certainly the case that dying used to be easier. People died at home, it was more comfortable, and now everyone goes to the hospital, because it may, after all, be possible to be cured yet again. I see euthanasia as an expression of this conflict, of not knowing when is finally the time. As for the candidates, they are like squabbling children, who want bigger toys.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It looks like the MSM is picking up on this story:

Santorum comments on forced euthanasia cause stir in Netherlands

A Dutch politician wants his government to publicly rebuke Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum for claiming that forced euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands and that the elderly are being killed against their will.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012
It looks like the MSM is picking up on this story:

Santorum comments on forced euthanasia cause stir in Netherlands

A Dutch politician wants his government to publicly rebuke Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum for claiming that forced euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands and that the elderly are being killed against their will.

Not necessary imo...I'm half-Dutch, and I can tell you that the large majority of Dutch people doesn't take any of the GOP candidates seriously.

Santorum is on an entirely different level though, he's so faaaaaar beyond the "take him seriously" level, you'd have to create an entirely new category. He's a prime example of a fundamentalist bigot who's views are soooooo far from reality that he never stands a chance to win. Why? Because the large majority of Americans aren't bigots like him. I have Christian mates in the US who HATE him with a passion because he's sick and twisted interpretation of the bible puts all of them in a bad light.

Like I said, he's mentally ill and uneducated imo. Add his name to the equation and it should be abundantly clear why voting for him is a really horrible idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Not necessary imo...I'm half-Dutch, and I can tell you that the large majority of Dutch people doesn't take any of the GOP candidates seriously.

I'm American, and I can tell you that the large majority of Americans don't take any of the GOP candidates seriously.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'm American, and I can tell you that the large majority of Americans don't take any of the GOP candidates seriously.

You have no idea how glad I am to hear this

I watched the full 2hr GOP debate on CNN, and the entire time I wanted to shake every single one of those guys and scream "ARE YOU SERIOUS?????!!!!!!" in their faces...and I'm not even an Obama fan, 'cause he did some pretty outrageously bad stuff too. However, he's definitely better than every single current GOP candidate. I bet Obama's laughing his ass off watching those GOP debates, because they make it abundantly clear that they don't stand a chance in hell.

Sometimes I'm not sure if they're serious or joking

edit on 24-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

He's a prime example of a fundamentalist bigot who's views are soooooo far from reality that he never stands a chance to win.

Man, I really, REALLY hope you're right. But to paraphrase Mencken, nobody ever lost public office by underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In the 1920's, Euthanasia and Eugenics were both widely practiced inside the USA.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Brilliant article, 100% correct: Santorum is weird (says Europe)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
As a matter of fact the euthanasia thing described more closely resembles the "futile care law" that George W. Bush had enacted while he was governor of Texas. Essentially it was a protect-the-insurance-companies-and-hospitals law. It said that, once a hospital had satisfied itself that a patient was doomed and not likely to improve, it didn't have to do anything more for that patient - unless the patient (or his family) paid the hospital cash up front for any further treatment. Since hospital charges easily come to more than $1000 a day - and more for the intensive care dying and near-dead patients require - this pretty much imposes euthanasia on whoever isn't very rich.

There had been a lawsuit over that law involving a young man who was being cut loose from a hospital for that reason. One of Bush's appointed judges kept putting off the decision in the lawsuit for so long that that the young man died during the few hours that his family couldn't afford to have a nurse watching him every day.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Heheh.. Yor Muttley avatar is strangely appropriate to the ghist of Your comment.
Indeed, most Americans are as baffled by Insane Santo's coockoo comments as the Dutch themselves must be.

Ricky should be more careful though, because angry Dutch, means angry Dutch bankers with investments in The States, and they could decide (thanks to the Supreme Court) to invest a lot of dollars in his opponents.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

That would be a waste of money for Dutch bankers. All they have to do is let that fool open his mouth and let him continue to spread his bigoted drivel

edit on 27-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join