It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum telling ridiculous lies about my country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon a clip of Rick Santorum. It's actually quite unbelievable.

In The Netherlands, people wear a different bracelet. And the bracelet is.. 'Do Not Euthanize Me'. Because involuntary euthanasia (?) .. in The Netherlands... about half the people who are euthanized every year (and it's 10% of all deaths in The Netherlands) .... half of those people are euthanized involuntarily at hospitals.

So elderly people in The Netherlands don't go to the hospital. They go to another country. Because they are afraid, because of budget purposes, that they will not come out of that hospital.

I cannot even begin to describe how false these statements are. Nobody wears such a bracelet. I did a search on the internet and it does not appear to even exist.

Euthanasia is a very delicate subject in my country. It is legal to perform if requested by a terminally ill patient and is required by law to be carried out by 2 doctors. Any doctor may refuse the operation at any time.

If the person is being kept alive by machines in a hospital and not in a consicous state and there is no hope for recovery, it is the family that decides to eventually stop the machines. No one ever gets euthanized because of a doctors decision, as Mr. Santorum is implying.

How people can vote for this man is really beyond me.
edit on 19/2/12 by SergeantTrammelant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SergeantTrammelant

Holy hell! That is a pretty amazing statement. Also, you can tell by the gasps and "oh my Gods" from the people near the filming how easily they are persuaded by such comments. If this is not true, as you claim (and which I'm prone to believe your claims since you live there and they seem rather outlandish to begin with), how does he think this won't come back on him?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's disgusting how they prey on the stupidity of the average person.

The sad thing is most will believe it and not check like you did.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Santorum tells ridiculous lies about everything. The frightening part is he is a Dominionist and as such literally feels that anything justifies his grab for power in an effort to do his view on "Gods work".

He wont get in the white house though. People enjoy seeing whackos on TV but they are not so stupid as to give nukes to them.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Good lord, Sergeant, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you email a statement to him or his staff?
This is a horribly vicious thing to say. He should be confronted with it.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

The awes and oohs of the audience I find very disturbing indeed.

Anyways, this is not the first American telling blatant lies about my beautiful country

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
well, its a nice change from all the vote fraud stories that give him wins in the primaries...
say...
isn't this turkey PRO WAR?

actually he is a eugenecist ..if you commit suicide he can't have the fun of killing your a$$..
..to save you....
from going to heaven, which as a christian he believes is the most blissfull thing in the great all of creation...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Anyone with a half a brain will realize what he's saying isn't true.I'm American and even I know what the policy is on that in the netherlands.The guy's an idiot and it's really starting to show the more he talks.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This thread is the first time i read bout this. Did a search and went to page 10 of the results.

Found this article from 2004. Seems this comes from a book.

Doctors in the Netherlands are also renowned for withholding treatment from psychiatric patients and the elderly. It is no secret that the elderly often avoid hospitalization for fear they will be put to death. In response to this trend, thousands of Dutch people carry papers or where bracelets that say “do not euthanize me.”

www.wnd.com...

There may be some truth to it.

How would we know if it was or was not true?

Do they Euthanize old people?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Don't forget that if you're gay you're in the same league as polygamists and practitioners of bestiality. Real open minded this guy is.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

They aren't stupid enough to hand them nukes? Since when? Have paid any attention at all who the past US presidents have been? All of them since the nuke was created has been crazy, criminal or immoral. Don't forget that is a US president who is the only person crazy enough to use them. Anyone who thinks they will have any problem using them again are mentally defunct.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter
It's disgusting how they prey on the stupidity of the average person.

The sad thing is most will believe it and not check like you did.

Exactly, look up "motivated reasoning". In fact due to "mr" most people even after being shown the facts will refuse to believe it, and aire on the side of santorum simply because hes on tv, and they saw it first.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
This thread is the first time i read bout this. Did a search and went to page 10 of the results.

Found this article from 2004. Seems this comes from a book.

Doctors in the Netherlands are also renowned for withholding treatment from psychiatric patients and the elderly. It is no secret that the elderly often avoid hospitalization for fear they will be put to death. In response to this trend, thousands of Dutch people carry papers or where bracelets that say “do not euthanize me.”

www.wnd.com...

There may be some truth to it.

How would we know if it was or was not true?

Do they Euthanize old people?

Good question, and a good find as well. After reading this article linked in your post, I would venture to say that this is, more than likely, the source for the story that Santorum has chosen to speak about, which makes your questions quite pertinent. So, is it true or not, that is indeed the question.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, you made those videos that you posted in your reply to me??? Wow! That's awesome my friend...proud to know you. And you got featured on Fox! Very cool...congrats.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

www.wnd.com...

ahhhhh... nuff said...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Santorum is a joke. He is a door to door vacuum sucking out what intelligence old christian ladies have left. Santa will promise ANYTHING that doesnt make sense. He hates sex, hates working women ,hates that women have a decision in their birth control and bodies. sounds like a great president.....SORRY BUT RON IS MY PREZ

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I seem to recall a few wars-Viet Nam and Korea for example where they were not used.. In fact I cant think of them being used since WW2. Then theres the whole Cuban Missile Crisis where it was all about a gamble to avoid them.

It takes someone especially crazy to use something like that without reservation. Santorum is one who I think would.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is how Santorum, or for that matter most of the Republican field, operates. They prey on the emotional fears of people, it doesn't matter if there isn't a shred of truth to it.

Republicans undiscover fire

It's not even that what's now coming from the right consists of 100% emotional, fear-based appeals without a factual basis. In 2012, a campaign of suggestive fear-mongering seems almost quaint.

It's that the Republicans have staked out a position that requires that they lie, 24/7, 365. Not shade the facts their way. Not put their own spin on the situation. Lie. Big, sloppy, and constantly.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Actually, there are quite a few references on the internet about the Netherlands and euthanasia. Some even carry "declaration of life" cards on their bodies at all times.

www.euthanasia.com...

Just one such site.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tadlem43

Sites like that are nothing but fear-mongering poppycock though. It's not like at the first sign of a medical ailment doctors start rushing towards you with deadly injections. You have to "ask" to be euthanised, it is not a standard medical procedure and they don't just "do it" to anyone. You will need to be suffering from something terminal or extremely debilitating and that will need to be verified by 2 qualified doctors. At least, that's how it used to work.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join