It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templars are Looking for new Members

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Using a historical name hardly makes on a "true" heir.

These are not, nor are any of the other groups using this name, Knights Templar.

A nice gimmic for raising funds for charity, but that is all....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I'm still in salary negotiations with the Illuminatti.

So the Templar Knights are going to have to wait.

Interesting though.

edit on 20-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

No, no, no. You have it all wrong! Salary is not important in the Illuminatti. You have to negotiate for best seating at the sacrifices, first dibs on the altar blood, etc. The salary is irrelavant, the money comes from every angle, you won't know what to do with it all. Negotiate like a pro! The fringe benefits far outweigh the salary!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jroberts227

Actually they ARE the Knights Templar and as such will soon be recognized by the Vatican.

It has been noted that Pope Clement V actually pardoned the Knights Templar from alleged heresies in the (Processa contra Templarios).

What remains is for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI to annul the Papal Bulls (Vox in Excelso) (Pastoralis Praeeminentiae) and (Ad providam) to fully restore the Orders Titles, Honors, Lands and properties.

This will require the Knights Hospitallers/Knights of Malta to handover all Templar assets handed to them by the Vatican.

They (KH/KoM) are not so keen on the idea, no surprise there.

Cosmic..

edit on 20-2-2012 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by beezzer

I'm still in salary negotiations with the Illuminatti.

So the Templar Knights are going to have to wait.

Interesting though.

edit on 20-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

No, no, no. You have it all wrong! Salary is not important in the Illuminatti. You have to negotiate for best seating at the sacrifices, first dibs on the altar blood, etc. The salary is irrelavant, the money comes from every angle, you won't know what to do with it all. Negotiate like a pro! The fringe benefits far outweigh the salary!

It's all nothing without a dental plan.

Does the Knights Templar work through an HMO?

I would have a better co-pay with the Illuminatti.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Knights Templar is all "pay as you go." No HMO, and Dental is mostly out of pocket. Similar to the NHL.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

See that's why I chose Great Cthulhu, my only guarantee is I'll be eaten last
Seriously did I miss a memo about another crusade? Knight Templars in this day and age??? Sounds more like someone choosing a real kewl name for their organization. The day I see a terrorist group named COBRA then I'll be looking to join.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Actually they ARE the Knights Templar and as such will soon be recognized by the Vatican.
Forgive me if I don't hold my breath. There are dozens if not hundreds of groups today calling themselves Knights Templar. I have yet to see any that actually hold historical ties to the original group. The closest is probably the batch that Sinclair is involved with, and only then because he owns Rosslyn Chapel. And even that group is pretty sketchy.

For comparison's sake, here are a handful of different groups using the name in some fashion:

Which one do you suppose the Vatican would recognize?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
  • Whatever group Anders Breivik claimed to be a member of

• PCCTS - Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici

Might be important to note that he notes this as a refounding, and not the original.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
    link   

According to whom? Do they actually have any documentation that proves their heritage and ancestry?

It has been noted that Pope Clement V actually pardoned the Knights Templar from alleged heresies in the (Processa contra Templarios).

Also look at the Chinon Parchment.

What remains is for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI to annul the Papal Bulls (Vox in Excelso) (Pastoralis Praeeminentiae) and (Ad providam) to fully restore the Orders Titles, Honors, Lands and properties.

This will require the Knights Hospitallers/Knights of Malta to handover all Templar assets handed to them by the Vatican.

They still have to prove their ancestry. They would also have to show documentation of the land which the Crusading Templars owned and that it has been passed down properly.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
    link   
    These guys are not the real Knights Templar. Just some bunch of retired weekend warrior/roll-playing types with cheap fantasy swords and delusions of grandeur, bless em.

I know some blokes who think they are a counsel of Jedi knights, they take on new members who can source them decent weed. One of them calls himself Grandmaster Yoda, and apparently he once moved a lighter all the way across a medium sized coffee table by means of the force alone. He's a pale shade of green a lot of the time too.
    edit on 20-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
    link   
    They even say something on their website about they believe they are the only ones who can Knight anyone because of their location...nothing about ancestry. Anyhoo, anyone know of the THG branch that Ralf Ettl says he is an heir to? I didn't see it on that list of 60 posted, that i know of. Anyone know what THG stands for? Based on what they've brought to light, i'd bet they have more connection than any of these other groups.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
    link   

This supposed set of Templars doesn't seem to have anything to do with York Rite Templars. First off they are looking for Males and Females and doesn't seem like you need to be a Mason to join this particular group. Not saying the Masonic Templars are the the real Knights of old either but this branch really seems to be just a masquerade. jmho

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
    link   
    This is VERY important.

"Our Order does not claim to be a direct descendant in the strict sense but it is registered in Jerusalem where the original was legitimised"

They must not be confused with the original Knight Templars-

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
    link   

So the holy blood line is back! Don't know what to say about that

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
    link   
    reply to post by LeLeu

you are wrong...the ones calling themselves Knights Templar are a Mexican drug cartel.

the real Knights have already been to the moon, sent probes to mars and into deep space.

isn't it obvious?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:58 AM
    link   

Really, you think The Templars are like the boy scouts that they put out an ad in the local news paper? Do you understand the meaning behind a secret organization? you don't just join the Templars like you can the free masons or the shrinners, the Templars is a birth right not something you can just join, trust me if that were so I'd been a Templar decades ago. Templars put an ad for new members.. That cracks me up!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:21 AM
    link   
    Now im not saying all the knights were homosexuals, but when you get a group of angry men together away from women for a long time, they may need to act out those frustrations. im sure sodomy took on a different meaning back in those days, but if its part of the initiation process then count me out. Nothing against homosexuals, just not my bag.
    www.jstor.org...< br />

edit on 19-12-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
    link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
    Now im not saying all the knights were homosexuals, but when you get a group of angry men together away from women for a long time, they may need to act out those frustrations. im sure sodomy took on a different meaning back in those days, but if its part of the initiation process then count me out. Nothing against homosexuals, just not my bag.
    Link.
    Of course, actually READING the article you linked to tells us

But in any examination of Inquisition testimony, it is impossible to lay aside the effect that torture must have had on the answers given. Work on the answers of all the Templars in all the trials for which we have extant manuscripts has shown that there is a very close correlation between the use of torture, which appears to have been widely used in France and Italy) and confessions of guilt.

In conclusion, theologians in the period from the sixth to the fourteenth century frequently referred to sodomy as either the most serious sexual sin or one of the gravest such sins. There is no doubt, however, that they differed in their definition of the act. It could refer to any illicit sexual coupling between men, women, or a man and a woman.

While we can never know the truth about the sexual behavior of the Templars, one must acknowledge that in the order homosexual relations were always regarded as a serious sin to be severely punished. Its frequency was probably on a par with that of any other religious order, possibly even less. Scholars who assert confidently that the Templar order was pervaded by practicing homosexuals have no real evidence on which to base such claims.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
    link   
    Details, details!

Why let a good screed be tarnished by mundane reality?

Fitz

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
    link   
    "Our Order does not claim to be a direct descendant in the strict sense but it was formally registered in Jerusalem where the original Knights Templar were legitimised and, so far as we are aware, is the only Order originally so registered and which was also empowered to grant hereditary Knighthoods. It is the intention of this Order to modernise and refine the codes of conduct of the original Templars, so as to be of relevance in the modern world. The militarism is not part of our remit; rather we prefer to concentrate on the philanthropic aspects on a worldwide basis."

They sound pretty right on really. I think the qualities of the Knights should be promoted in modern society. Especially in the UK with all the white trash degradation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join