It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templars are Looking for new Members

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The Sunday Express ran an article to say that the Knights Templars were recuriting for new members. This was confirmed on the Knights Templars own web site.

My name tag comes from the village that I live in which once had a Knights Templar Preceptory. On the day of the excavation, a grand master Knights Templar came down in full regalia (with white and red tunic) - so I knew that they still existed.

Still to advertise for new members is interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I want in ... Not tomorrow, not day after tomorrow ... NOW!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

And Jesus' heir's return... This'll throw a kink in the church's bunghole

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
How bout an ATS group investigation. We'll send a bunch of members to join undercover and report back

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So it is a version of Society of Creative Anachronism with more charity work www.sca.org...

There are many groups that claim Templar history, or recreation. If you are interested in this, you have to ask yourself something - What is it that you are looking to do? What is it that you are drawn too? Is it this? Learning to use a sword and doing charity work?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
So it is a version of Society of Creative Anachronism with more charity work www.sca.org...

There are many groups that claim Templar history, or recreation. If you are interested in this, you have to ask yourself something - What is it that you are looking to do? What is it that you are drawn too? Is it this? Learning to use a sword and doing charity work?

What do you think ppl want when they think of joining the Templars?

oh well...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Actually, this is one of the things I think is very good about some of these groups (like the Freemasons.)

Guys think that maybe they are joining a group that might lead to UNLIMITED POWER! and instead end up being indoctrinated into charity work. I find the knowing how to attract these guys and redirect them to be highly amusing. (I'm sorry, did I just hack a secret?)

What I wonder is if some of the people attracted to this are at their core a soldiers or "guard", and don't realize it because they don't like the corporate-nation marriage of convenience.
edit on 2012/2/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I love history but seeing as Kinights Templar were celebate, only ate meat on certain days and also fasted regularly I'm definitely not in. Obviously with a crusade going on all that stuff becomes a minor issue as the battles must give you enough of a buzz, but in peacetime!.......BOOOORING!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I for one am searching for answers regarding my families history.

When sorting through lots of pictures and family items after my grandfather (and grandmother) passed some years ago, we came upon some very interesting books, letters, papers and a rather large leather bound checkbook with stubs in my grandparents handwriting showing monies paid to some interesting parties, including The Mayan Soceity and ______________, (name withheld for privacy, Treasurer of KTS.

Being my father, my grandfather who had just passed, my father's brother, one of my GFs brothers and a GGF and from further information, i.e. pictures we extrapolted that there appears to have been a long line of my descendants who we Masons, and possibly associated with something called the KTS.

Add that through much hands on and documented research finding information prior to the 1700s was impossible, yet given the family name ______ (which I withhold for privacy) it appears my family lived in middle or southern France prior to 1700.

At this point we hit a brick wall as further research has discovered nothing other than the family appears to have been Huguenots, and along with thousands of others fled France rather than die, and in my families case tracks lead to Ireland prior to 1700. Then to America after 1750 to the Virginia / Carolinas which at the time had state lines which changed regularly so an exact location is impossible, until 1802 when one of my GGGGGFs was born in what was at that time considered NC, but could have been NW Virginia or possibly even Tn. with a tweak of state lines... lol

So, given all this it is with great interest I pursue information regarding the possible link to the KTS and have sent an email requesting further information.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
will there be crusades or just a few pints at the pub ?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
will there be crusades or just a few pints at the pub ?

IF my family was involved then I vote for "PINTS AT THE PUB" .. lol

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
OK then,.
sign me up,.
You know where to find me

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Fine then. Ile restate it....

The crusades were an excuse not just to push Catholicism on lands of the world but also to do that and occupy areas so they could begin to excavate ancient sacred ruins to dig up artefacts (whether these held any real power is irrelevant many of these items held significance to the peoples of the land being occupied).

Indeed it was a very complicated time but in many instances the Knights Templar lead the charge curb stomping peaceful settlements to get what they wanted. And then attempting to erase knowledge of the things they took...

Fast-forward to today and the world is almost fully corrupted by the same dark hands from thousands of years ago (whether or not people want to admit it) And now as the multifaceted empire of corruption begins to fall one of the many groups closely wrapped up in this conspiracy futher back in time is asking for new recruits o.O

Ooh Hell No!
edit on 19-2-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
Still to advertise for new members is interesting.
Well, considering there are literally hundreds of groups calling themselves Templars today, and this one seems to only be a few years old, I can see why they'd be hurting for membership to give themselves an aire of legitimacy.

Edit to add: actually, you're already linking to two entirely different groups... the one in the article is brand new, the one with the .info website looks to be a bit more than 10 years old.
edit on 2012.2.20 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I could be wrong but I thought the modern Knights Templar are a
white supremacy movement?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
is this like laire or something?

they did it in the movie role models.

if theyre real serious about it, looks like a cult imo.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

The name "Templar" is not copyrighted so anyone can use it. You have various orders who are independent and claim be descendants from the Crusaders, you have the Masonic Templars, you have some who are white supremacists who call themselves Templars, and then you also have a drug cartel in Mexico calling themselves Templars.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I'm still in salary negotiations with the Illuminatti.

So the Templar Knights are going to have to wait.

Interesting though.

edit on 20-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
One of them might be.

Another might be a social club organized around people who like to knit.

Either has just as much claim to the original Knights Templar (ie, none…)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join