It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Bottomless Hole in near Ellensburg, Washington

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Source

From Bigfoot to the disappearance of D.B. Cooper, the Pacific Northwest is full of mysteries. Another mystery burred deep in the hills of eastern Washington keeps resurfacing.

Ellensburg and its surrounding valleys and Manastash Ridge are beautiful in any season.

Some believe what lies beneath is a deep, dark hole with supernatural powers.

A man named Red Elk is one of the only people alive known to have ever seen the mysterious hole.

A Native-American Shaman, or medicine man, Red Elk said his dad first showed him the hole in 1961.

"He said 'This is an endless hole,'" Red Elk said.

Red Elk's been back many times and said strange things happen every time he goes near it.

"People get it confused with what I call the devil's hole," he said.

I had to share this with all of you because it is such a cool story.

The idea of a hole that has no bottom and bring dead pets back to life sounds a bit like a Stephen King novel.

The caller that phoned into the radio show that said he dropped line down there with lifesavers on it was a cool story, whether it is true or not, well that's what great mysteries are made of.

The hole is suppsedly called Mel's hole, There area few people out there looking for it and even a film being made about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.seattlechatclub.org...

hideousmonster.com...

www.rense.com...

Anyway, I hope you like hearing of the mystery as much as I did.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yep thats Mels Hole, i believe he claimed to have dropped a mile of shark line down there or more withou hitting bottom...
Only trouble the US goverment stole it from him, by basically ruining his life.
They are supposed to have a building over it now....
Google it up on the C2C art bell show site...
Theres also one he found that is in arizona...they put a sheep down that hole live, and got something else back up, but it was all good....
Mell did get cured of a deadly disease by the being/sheep thing
And it slid back down the hole.
I wonder what ever did happen to old Mel, you know he was a real likeable guy, i kinds miss him from time to time...thanks for reminding me...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Interesting Thread OP...star and flag.
For me it brings up imagery of old maps, where cartographers would often place phrases such as the famous "Here be Dragons," or in this case "Here be a bottomless pit." Strange how much attention it seems to be getting even though science has certainly proven there is no such animal as a bottomless pit.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I remember Mel's Hole!!

This was one of the most fascinating episodes that Art Bell ever had. Mel just had this beleivability to me. I remember Mel saying he got paid off for his land from the gov't, (reluctantly, I may add) moved to Australia(?) and set up some kind of business down there. He eventually went broke and that was the last I heard from him.

Unfortunately the story got even wierder and less believable whn he said he found another hole in AZ and some Basques and him recovered some kind of seal-like alien creature from the hole.

This is one story that I always come back to. I always wondered if true...what was at the bottom of the hole?

edit on 19-2-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
Interesting Thread OP...star and flag.
For me it brings up imagery of old maps, where cartographers would often place phrases such as the famous "Here be Dragons," or in this case "Here be a bottomless pit." Strange how much attention it seems to be getting even though science has certainly proven there is no such animal as a bottomless pit.

It made me think of this

edit on 19-2-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
S&F..I love this kind of thing..makes me want to search ATS for anything on the Money Pit or Croatan...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
RED ELK ?!? ?!

Yeah, back when I listened to Mel, I also tried some Red Elk. Pretty far-out stuff

Hope they don't try to heat the base with the mysterious, infinitely burning ice from the hole

Goldcurrent-
Unfortunately the story got even wierder and less believable whn he said he found another hole in AZ and some Basques and him recovered some kind of seal-like alien creature from the hole.

I completely forgot about the Basques

edit on 19-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i don't know about the follow up by a Red Elk...

all i recakll is the MEL guy that would not reveal the site

all along i figured that after a line was dropped... say 500 ft down... that the bottom of the hole was a water chute and the plumb line just got swept up in the water current...which Mel determined was a verticle descent instead of a horizontal travel event

who knows the underground water stream probably went for several miles...& Mel thought it was straight down... watta goof

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

Earth and water, you'll find plenty of both down there, also some local residence threw their dead pets in for some bizarre reason.

It reminded me of the so-called Lordsburg Door, very little info about which is online but I do remember reading something about a Pterodactyl being sighted near the supposed "portal" at Lordsburg. These sorts of urban legends interest me very greatly. Everybody, I'm sure, remembers the legendary "THUNDERBIRD" photo we've never been able to find despite many many fakes and hoaxes.

If only we at least had a photo of this hole in the ground, but we don't even have that, all we have is the word of some guy named Mel and his friend Red Elk. The hole was supposedly only 9 feet in diameter, so the chances of finding it on Google Earth are fairly low.

edit on 19-2-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
this reminds me of 'the blue hole' in Belize. it is the remnants of an ancient caldera which rim now sits below sea level, read a national geographic issue about it.

edit on 2/19/2012 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One of my top 10 Art Bell interviews. There's a few different interviews and a couple on youtube. Here's the one I just found. I'm just checking it now.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
the utter inability of any claimant to give a exct location renders this " tail " worthless

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
things like this bug me, when ever you hear of something exciting like this the goverment always get the paper work and lock it off. If i knew of or found something incredable you think id report it before id done my own research ect? No way... pretty easy to make a simple rigging of flood lights and make shift winch to be lowerd down and place lights further down or dangle them, maybe a night vision cam ect leave that there and take the rigging away and just see what happens ect, Yet again another one of historys or earth wonders being kept away and lost forever.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This is interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

I wonder if there is any evidence of the existance of Mel Waters beyond the local search done near Ellensburg.

I would like to see more on this. Surely if one man can find these two holes, others can as well. it would be interesting to see pictoral evidence and experiments on the nature of these openings.

Good find. I like it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
One of my top 10 Art Bell interviews. There's a few different interviews and a couple on youtube. Here's the one I just found. I'm just checking it now.

Listening to this Mel is talking about a 1943 Roosevelt Dime (28 minutes in i think) from Mint "B" which could not have possible have existed in 1943 because these dimes were not made until 1946. (and there is No B Mint) someone found one - here is the impossible dime.

www.usefilm.com...

Many people speculate these are all fake jobs but it seems there are an awful lot of these around. Interesting.

Edit to add Googgle image search has lots of pics.
edit on 20-2-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent

In the Coast to Coast audio above Mel starts talking about the 2nd hole that the basque led him to in Nevada. (About 40 to 45 minutes in)

It would be interesting if we could find these holes on Google Earth. I'm looking for both.

Mel's Hole may have been covered up but this 2nd hole may not. It's about 9 feet in diameter also and has a metal collar around it.

There are some KML files you can find called Mel's Hole but they point to the Manastash Ridge Observatory which was built in 1972 according to Wikipedia so that cannot be Mel's Hole.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Most interestesting story.

In the full length interview with Art he seems to be very consistent, and his voice show the right emotions.
I guess he is really telling what he experienced.

As well there is a picture of the coin he mentioned (posted above, usefilm.com)

what we are dealing with ? Parallel world, hollow earth?

on a side note: when he told the story where the stove filled with the burning ice cube, which dug its way through the ground and turned his shed or hut to dust, i had a 9/11 flashback.
solid material turning to dust? Maybe a connection here as well, but pure speculation from my side.

anyhow, definetly a thread to follow. As well there other holes out there, heard similar stories from russia.
I hope i can find sources and put some more .

seems to be there is something to the sayings about 'digging the rabit hole...' ;-)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just finished listening to the audio show above.

I have got to say, the sheep-seal story is wild.. so wild I am not sure I can believe it. Unless you listen you won't know what I'm talking about but if the debunkers are going to have a field day with anything, it will be this story.

This aired in 2003 believe.. has there been any word from Mel since that time? Any updates? Mel did say he would send photos to Art Bell and be in touch - did this happen?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I just finished listening to the audio show above.

I have got to say, the sheep-seal story is wild.. so wild I am not sure I can believe it. Unless you listen you won't know what I'm talking about but if the debunkers are going to have a field day with anything, it will be this story.

This aired in 2003 believe.. has there been any word from Mel since that time? Any updates? Mel did say he would send photos to Art Bell and be in touch - did this happen?

There was like seven or eight interviews with Art Bell and Mel that I had listened to back around 2004.

Personally, it sounds like something to fill in radio time. Not exactly the most credible stuff

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I fully agree with you. He is a most captivating story weaver though, with just the right blend of mystery, horror and enchantment. He seems to thrive on his notoriety, having made several references to it. He referred to science fiction and uses the internet, so he knows what is current. But in the end, it reminds me of a good campfire storiy where we were so wrapped up in them until at the end, when we knew they were just tall tales. What underlined the tale-weaving was that after the interview ended, he suggested this ice-nine solution thing, since Art didn't. Did anyone pick up on that?

I would love for someone from Australia to confirm or deny his existence there. If he got 4 million a year for almost three years way back in 1997 for almost 3 years, that's close to 12 million, at a time when the average salary was a whole lot closer to 50thousand dollars. Well surely people would know. How can someone so smart and imaginative not know enough about investing, income propeties, etc to still have something? If he blew it all down under, then surely there would have to be tales about his stinginess or generosity, and parties, etc, because he certainly is not the kind to be hiding his income from people, now is he?

I can't help but be suspicious about the Australian government tearing down the supposed wombat sanctuary building even if it were an unlicensed operation even if here were such sanctuaries in existence before he got there. And ticked off employees would have complained online, surely. That is not done in secret and would be unusual, imo. Every bit of his story weaves into another bit, and none of it is verifiable, except for the white square which someone already said was a military training facility.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join