It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teacher Suspended for Telling Student 'Go Back to Mexico'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Go back to Mexico !! .. totaly innapropriate and even racist
the teacher diserve that suspension even if the kid was making trouble in the class

teachers should be teaching good exemple for the kids
now all kids in the class will have no remorse telling that to any mexican
because if the teacher have say it .. it must be okay

edit on 2/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Are you serious? The kid flat out said hes from mexico and he wanted to learn in 'mexican' i guess spanish but whatever. So he was so proud of it until the teacher said he should go there and now its a big deal. Ridiculous, as i pointed out in my last post, this is in no way racist, if he was so proud of being mexican anyway he might have been happy being told he should go there.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
reply to post by Ben81

Are you serious? The kid flat out said hes from mexico and he wanted to learn in 'mexican' i guess spanish but whatever. So he was so proud of it until the teacher said he should go there and now its a big deal. Ridiculous, as i pointed out in my last post, this is in no way racist, if he was so proud of being mexican anyway he might have been happy being told he should go there.

Well in that context .. more acceptable
but many can take it the wrong way

she should had choosen her words more carefully
kids of today habe big mouth

you touch one on the shoulder and he will go cry at his parent saying he was abused and touched

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
dang..and I had to get out of my lazy shell and actually LOG IN to give my 2 cents on this topic.....

I have been a member of ATS for a long time. I rarely post as I prefer to read, lurk...whatever.....but this thread and some of its responses is really pissing me off.....

I grew up in Texas. El Paso was bilingual WAY before the rest of the country got INVADED...yes...I MUST be a racist for stating this fact, (eyes rolling)..by Mexicans. Though it pisses me off to have to flip through pages of Spanish to be able to read instructions in English, because of my growing up in El Paso, I just shrug my shoulders and swallow my anger, "it is what it is"...but reading some of the drivel I have been reading here? I really HAD to write something.....the teacher should have been FIRED? REALLY? I guess the people who wrote that and similar beliefs, NEVER lose their cool.....if they were to be called a HILLBILLY, (I have been called that MANY times in Chicago..TO MY FACE by BLACKS who would FREAK if I called them a n*gger.....) or CRACKER or whatever...do those same people just turn the other cheek and take it? These same people think it is ok that ENTIRE BLOCKS have become exact replicas of barrios in Mexico? I mean, we have to be considerate and color blind when gangs of blacks roam the streets and rob stores in groups of 25 to 50 and the media can't even report that the perpetrators are even black, (that's racist, you know...to tell the truth)
I'm sorry, but it seems to me ATS has been overrun with teenagers who have never really lived in this place called America...where a KID can threaten to call the cops if a parent disciplines them....and a black woman can call me a cracker or a hillbilly, but I would go to jail for being a racist if I defended myself and called her a n*gger......where (and this is also a true story) a loser here illegally can wave a Mexican flag in the streets of Chicago......yelling "VIVO MEXICO!!!!" but I am a RACIST because I told him to go BACK to Mexico if he loved it so much.....

come on, GUYS/GALS......a LOT of complaining on this site how our country is being run and has turned out...yet WE DID THIS TO OURSELVES...slowly..through the years...because of the whining political correctness that has infiltrated the consciousness of this once great nation. No....a black man should NOT be treated poorly because of his color...but if he calls another man a racial epitaph, then he shouldn't cry "RACISM" when he is called a racial epitaph in response.....

yes, the teacher should have kicked that MEXICAN in the a$$ all the way to the "office" and held her tongue...but working with the public as I do and having lost it a couple of times in my 22 year career in medicine, I understand that NONE of us are infallible and personally, I feel that teacher should be given a friggin APOLOGY from the kid, his PARENTS, (for raising a punk) and the school....and given a 2 week PAID vacation as it's obvious these hoodlums are getting to her.
In MY day...that kid would have gotten a wooden board to the a$$ and the teacher would not have had a fear at ALL of being disciplined for her actions...it was the NORM to paddle unruly kids...and most of us that WERE struck DIDN'T turn out to be serial killers or maladjusted in ANY way

and by the way...Texas WON every bit of land from MEXICO with BLOOD.....if every whining indian or Mexican or (fill in the blank) got their way...there would be NO United States....

Well...I guess I should say....blast away, ya'll...that's all I have been reading on ATS these days anyway.....bitching, arguing and name calling...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I used to work with immigrant (illegal)workers here in my neck of the wood in the south millions of tax payer dollars goes to pamper this illegals when it comes to education.

Even paying me top dollars to work one on one with them because the language barrier.

But the truth is that this people and their children are not interested in education, as by the horses mouth many times the children already in junior high years has never received education and the reason they migrated into the US is to work not get educated.

So the roller coaster of the government agencies in pursue of migrant children to make sure they get educated is nothing than a waste of tax payer money because more often than not they end moving around and avoiding school to work.

Here in the south Ga entire towns has been taken over by migrants (illegals) and the only thing they have to show for is increased poverty and increase criminal incidents wherever they are invading as they move in groups

Immigration is nothing but importing poverty that later becomes a tax payer burden.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Immigration is nothing but importing poverty that later becomes a tax payer burden.

Really? Sorry, on this continent, we are all immigrants. Everything else is seniority.

Never mind my folks...and oh so many others who came here on spec and helped to build these lands. And pay those taxes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well if you know your history, yes immigrants did help build this country when it needed to be build, now a days is nothing but more welfare for the burdened tax payers.

Get you history facts in order my friend, immigration in the US is now a burden. Plain and simple.

Me been a Latina, with a long family history of family members that had died for this nation yes I have something to show for.

But lately ask what illegals have done for the nation.
Beside reproducing welfare children.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But lately ask what illegals have done for the nation.
Beside reproducing welfare children.

I would suggest that this would be an opportune time for any recent immigrants to the US to chime in

I would just get bogged down in making a list...but I suppose I could toss in Jennifer Granholm...former governor of Michigan.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You know, I am no trying to be ugly here, is just that after moving to the south and working for the school system as a teacher while my husband was doing his military duty show me a side of immigration that I never witnessed before.

Most of my life the immigrants that I have been surrounded with were part of the military life, then I get to be out there working with this people that were totally different, the illiteracy among migrants is very high, I had to work with children already in pre teen years that the school system didn't where to allocate them because they were too old to start elementary school and with not reading or writing skills at all.

And the worst thing is that been migrant and illegal allowed them to keep under the radar as they move around for work.

I also witness how young girls under 15 had already children of their own, here in the south is a very ugly picture when it comes to immigrants.

And I have been honest, nothing but poverty everywhere you look around on top of more poverty.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
I hope the kid told the teacher

"Well if you were to open a history book dumbass you would find this was part of mexico until you filthy white devils stole our land through your rampant colonialism".

Btw, on a side note, this would explain to anyone why there might infact be brown people in southern parts of America, you know, just for anyone who is confused and possibly threatend by there presence.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

And I would hope that the teacher would then explain to the little genocidal butcher how peaceful Caucasians were the first to inhabit North America until the little butchers ancestors wiped them all out. But I guess that is one tidbit of history that the savages are desperate to keep out... Enough so that they had a ton of toxic waste dumped on a site that proved Caucasians inhabited North America first. First peoples? More like First mass murderers in human history!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What's so insulting about going to Mexico? It's a nice safe country with a robust economy untouched by graft and corruption.

Wait...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Perhaps they should employ mexican teachers for the mexican students?
The poor kid was standing up for his nation of birth his sense of identity...those two things don't stop being relevant just because you cross a border.
The world has changed in the west better get used to it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
I agree. It's not like the teacher just randomly told a Mexican student to go back to Mexico in a racist way. On the other hand the teacher does need to keep better control of her temper.

The funny part is that if anyone here had someone tell them to go back to America we would just say ok...But you tell a Mexican to go back to Mexico and its wrong and poor taste.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Stolen from Mexico?? By the US??

Nope.

THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS
Was established after it won the final battle with Santa Anna on April 21st 1836.

The revolutionaries were of American Indian, Hispanic, US, North American territorial citizens and European immigrants.

They fought for their independence and won it from Mexico.

Texas joined the union voluntarily.

Maybe that last part wasn't so smart in the long run.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Perhaps they should employ mexican teachers for the mexican students?
The poor kid was standing up for his nation of birth his sense of identity...those two things don't stop being relevant just because you cross a border.
The world has changed in the west better get used to it.

Perhaps you should pay for those teachers out of your own pocket? Sound good? A big part of quality instruction is the teacher to student ratio. Many schools can't afford enough teachers to get a good ratio that would be below 20 to1. With that said it is just wonderful to see 35 kids in a classroom and 1/2 are illegals....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join