It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teacher Suspended for Telling Student 'Go Back to Mexico'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
I hope the kid told the teacher

"Well if you were to open a history book dumbass you would find this was part of mexico until you filthy white devils stole our land through your rampant colonialism".

Btw, on a side note, this would explain to anyone why there might infact be brown people in southern parts of America, you know, just for anyone who is confused and possibly threatend by there presence.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

Oh nice more modern day revisionism from ignorant racists. The fact is if you bothered to crack a history book, ever, you would know that the country of Mexico, was created by wait for it,...the so called white devils too; the Spanish. Before, the colony of New Spain and later, Mexico you had the Aztec Empire and though many modern revisionist hispanic racists want everyone to believe that the Aztec Empire held all the land around in those days, many Native American Tribes would tend to disagree. You see Texas was the original territory of quite a few Native American tribes;

source

*The Apache tribes
*The Bidai tribe
*The Coahuilteco and Carrizo tribes
*The Caddo tribe
*The Comanche tribe
*The Jumano, Suma, Piro, and other eastern Pueblos
*The Karankawa tribe
*The Kiowa tribe
*The Kitsai tribe
*The Tawakoni tribe
*The Tonkawa tribe
*The Wichita tribe

and most of those were not Aztecs.

And in fact from the Arlington, Texas website I will include this snippit about the true inhabitants of the Arlington area prior to the "White devils"

source

"The Republic of Texas signed its first ever Indian peace treaty here in 1843 at Bird’s Fort with nine tribes including Cherokee, Delaware, Biloxi, Caddo, Keechie and Waco representatives. Caddo tribes dominated early Indian settlements and they were the first residents of the area, camping in such an abundance of settlements that one local waterway, Village Creek, was named for their presence. Early Caddos practiced agriculture near the waterway, their long-time presence established by numerous archaeological digs.

Hmmmm no Aztecs?

Nice try playing the revisionist racist game and if you bothered to crack a history book yourself you might actually know what your talking about.

As, far as the teacher, the fact is she lost her temper, the kid kept saying he was from Mexico and not to say he was from Mexico, but to be a disruptive jackass, and I would have probably told him the same. Of course he if he kept saying he was from mars, I would have told him to go back their too, because race is only really a factor in the eyes of the media, otherwise no one would even know about this story.

edit on 19-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: fixed quote and typo

edit on 19-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: correction

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug

Originally posted by mileysubet
I wonder how much money the US spends every year on printing documents and forms in languages other than English?

I wonder how much it costs nearly every country in the world that uses english as their 2nd language to print english documents.

Se that's the catch, I have visited several foreign countries, and most do not print or otherwise cater to foreigners except maybe in tourist areas. You wont find many foreign government offices or schools that cater to this.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It looks as if the student decided to segregate himself by stating he was Mexican. Seems he spoke well enough English to get that point across. He though placed himself in the position to be told to go back to Mexico.

Sure the teacher got her point across in a less than professional manner but when you can no longer punish disruption you make the disruption shut up through shear shock if nothing else. I imagine it got to that point after a long struggle of dealing with the kid.

We are all adults and at times say things we should not due to certain circumstances. The teacher was simply responding to her environment. Anyone who thinks they have perfect control 24/7 is flat our lying to themselves and others.

Raist

edit on 2/19/12 by Raist because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think that this Mexican punk student was TRYING to make the teacher lose her cool and say something that could be taken out of context.

The teacher did nothing wrong. A simple example to the STUPIDITY of this is If a person were ever to REPEAT OVER AND OVER again that he is a Martian from mars, it is only NATURAL for someone to get FED UP and eventually tell him GO BACK to mars. Same with punk wise-azz students from mexico, or ANYWHERE..

edit on 19-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh we are "real" here. Whats the guarantee that the kid could read Spanish and is just to simply being a facetious little turd. Ahh but then this is an American school, ao really the question should be. Whats the guarantee they can read. No need for further

I blame all the medications you lot keep bonging down your kids throughts.

Pinches gringos

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

No sorry revisionist is the name of the game at the moments. haven;t you heard. All colonial land must be return to the previous "owner" regardless of history. Sean Penn said so. so it must be true.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Btw, on a side note, this would explain to anyone why there might infact be brown people in southern parts of America, you know, just for anyone who is confused and possibly threatend by there presence.

That is not the only reason there are "dark skinned" people in the south. The Body adapts to its locations accordingly. Which is why africans are dark skinned, and why eskimos are very pale... Go take anthropology 101.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I hope the kid told the teacher

"Well if you were to open a history book dumbass you would find this was part of mexico until you filthy white devils stole our land through your rampant colonialism".

lol, how do you think Mexico became the country it is today? Through rainbows and lollipops? Do some research on your own.
edit on 2/19/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Yeah well that doesn't matter anymore, that's like saying this entire country belongs to the indians. No reason to dwell in the past, its over with grow up and move on don't like it go write a book.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I couldn't have agreed more with you. If the student in question is illegal, that means to me yet another seat in class that could have gone to someone from the U.S..
edit on 20-2-2012 by WalterKovacs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
the teacher is kind of ignorant for saying that. the student is already in mexico, as texas was stolen by "settlers".

i can see why israel and america get along just find. they both apparently think it's morally acceptable to boot people off their land.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

wow!!!!!!!!!! I wanna give you a high 5 right now!!!!!!!!!

love LOVE LOVVVVVVE IT!!!!!!!!

iN your fACE ixtAB!! muahahaaaaa

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the teacher is kind of ignorant for saying that. the student is already in mexico, as texas was stolen by "settlers".

i can see why israel and america get along just find. they both apparently think it's morally acceptable to boot people off their land.

Did you read what was posted above?
The southwest was joined under one kingdom by SPAIN at the time not Mexico. Before that there were a variety of indigenous tribes unrelated to those in Mexico. Give the revisionist history a rest no ones buying it

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The teacher should not be arguing with any student. It's unprofessional of her to be arguing with a kid, even if he is a disruptive loudmouth. There are simple procedures to deal with students who don't behave properly. All she had to do was send him to the principals office or threaten him with a detention. She made a bad judgement call and deserves the suspension she got. I know teachers are only human but they have to be aware of what they say and do around kids. It's not like it's the first or last kid who's gonna be a smart ass. I don't think she was being racist but I think she definitely said that with a double meaning.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Eg714

The teacher should have sent the student outta the class

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug

I wonder how much money the US spends every year on printing documents and forms in languages other than English?

I wonder how much it costs nearly every country in the world that uses english as their 2nd language to print english documents.

Se that's the catch, I have visited several foreign countries, and most do not print or otherwise cater to foreigners except maybe in tourist areas. You wont find many foreign government offices or schools that cater to this.

The reason the countries you visited don't cater to this is because they have an official language something America lacks. Yes our founding fathers were too stupid to not make English our official language. This is why you have Mexicans come into this country and expect everything to be in Spanish. Besides if he's in this country legally or was born here then isn't he an American not a Mexican?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

The southwest was joined under one kingdom by SPAIN at the time not Mexico. Before that there were a variety of indigenous tribes unrelated to those in Mexico. Give the revisionist history a rest no ones buying it

By what right did Spain have to claim this land? They were not occupying the land but the Natives had possession. And have had possession before there even was a Spain. Just because some idiot in a crown says this land belongs to me doesn't make it so.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The teacher should have been more emotionally mature to not say that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepidShe's the teacher. She's the adult. She's the states representative. She should be able to curb her "frustration."

She is also a human being.

If a teacher is supposed to deal with this sort of crap without occasionally losing it then I'm afraid we are just going to have to pay them more.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by paganini

By what right did Spain have to claim this land? They were not occupying the land but the Natives had possession. And have had possession before there even was a Spain. Just because some idiot in a crown says this land belongs to me doesn't make it so.

They came and conquered it that how they had the right. But thats beside the point, The point was it was the Spaniards who managed to turn that area into one large region governed by a single group. The Mexican reconquista movement however distorts the truth on the matter

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join