It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Fuji Awakening after 300 Years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Reports are appearing about unrest and signs of a possible awakening of Mt Fuji volcano in Japan. According to a report which includes an unclear photo of the area, a row of new craters, the largest 50 m in diameter, has appeared on the eastern flank of the volcano at 2200 m elevation. Steam was observed erupting from these vents.

Source

I came across this and figured it was worthy of posting...
I did a search and found nada...

This is not what the people of Japan need at this moment...

It hasnt been a year since the big quake over there and now this...

Prayers and Positive Vibes to Japan

edit on 2/19/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
wouldn't be one bit surprised to see every inactive volcano and fault line become active this year. time for mom to get all her star players off the bench and on the field...these damned humans don't quit.

it's gonna take mom to bring man to his knees and end the madness...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Indeed, they really don't need this, but it seems there are other volcano's going off in Japan right now.

StealthyKat posted this awesome video of another Japanese volcano just yesterday.

Hope Japan doesn't become a chain of active volcanos!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Keep us posted, please.

Would I be surprised? Not a bit. I think we're in for one hell-of-a-ride this year.

Thanks for your thread! S&F!

peace

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

How did I miss that vid?

StealthyKat is one of my best friends on here...

...Its kinda odd since Japan isnt the biggest of islands...
to have several Volcanos go off the same times...

but then again I know nada about volcanoes...

except for the fact... they are powerful... they are scary... and they can DESTROY!

so it could be normal? maybe? I hope!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think it an odd occurrence that these volcanoes are waking up and even erupting. I suspect that the earth under Japan may be a wee bit upset about them flushing all the fuel from Fukushima into the ground.

Call me a bad man but Japanese culture created the mess at Fukushima and the resulting fallout being seeing around the world. Karma is a tough mistress.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
I think it an odd occurrence that these volcanoes are waking up and even erupting. I suspect that the earth under Japan may be a wee bit upset about them flushing all the fuel from Fukushima into the ground.

Call me a bad man but Japanese culture created the mess at Fukushima and the resulting fallout being seeing around the world. Karma is a tough mistress.

i don't think japan created it, i think mankind created it and i'm fairly sure you have reaped the benefit of nuclear electric on many occasions yourself. be that as it may yes fukishima will go down as one of the worst disasters of all time. once you fully realize how much radioactive waste was and will for a long time, be released into the earth and water table.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Mt Fuji 1707 eruption

1707 eruption of Mt Fuji On 26th October 1707, a new eruption announced itself with a large 8.4 magnitude earthquake devastating Honshu island, followed by several smaller earthquakes felt near Mt Fuji. The eruption started on 16th December 1707 from a new vent on the SE flank of the volcano erupting a sub-plinian column of ash and pumice, turning into basaltic lava fountaining after 6 hours into the eruption. On the first day of the eruption, 72 houses and 3 Buddhist temples were destroyed in Subassiri town 10 km from the volcano. Ash fell all over the south Kanto plain, Tokyo, and on areas of the NW Pacific ocean 280 km from the volcano. The total volume erupted over 16 days was estimated to 0.68 cubic km of magma. Violent explosions were recorded until 25-27 December, before the eruption calmed down and ended on 1st January 1708.

This is most worrying for Japan. Esp after viewing Stealthycat's video yesterday of Sakurajima giving a spectacular display of the seething violence that flows beneath our feet.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here's a link to a live cam. It's dark now, but in daylight it gives a pretty good view.

www3.shizuokanet.ne.jp...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Poor people in Japan.

The last thing they need is more devastation after all the earthquakes, tsunamis, radiation, and now volcanic activity.

Hopefully nothing happens and the people there aren't forced to experience any more tragic events.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Reports are appearing about unrest and signs of a possible awakening of Mt Fuji volcano in Japan. According to a report which includes an unclear photo of the area, a row of new craters, the largest 50 m in diameter, has appeared on the eastern flank of the volcano at 2200 m elevation. Steam was observed erupting from these vents.

Source

As bad as last year's event was, I just can't shake the feeling that the worse is still yet to come for Japan especially since most scientists still believe that the Japan 'big one' take place in the fault that runs under Tokyo.

Then of course you have Edgar Cayce's famous prophecies regarding Japan sinking into the ocean.

Add to the fact that most scientists did not believe that the fault line that produced the 9.0 quake last year was even possible of creating such a disaster in the first place and it all adds up to a very combustible situation.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Now, I can't read a single word on this web page, but I've found a live view of the mountain. I thought it would be useful if anyone was interested in 'keeping an eye' on it. I certainly will be.

On a side note, it is a beautiful volcano.

www.fujigoko.tv...

edit on 2/19/2012 by minikin84 because: Not actual video, it's refreshed camera stills.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sakurajima is a very young strato volcano (in geologic terms)

She erupted 996 times in 2011.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by SkyMuerte

i don't think japan created it, i think mankind created it and i'm fairly sure you have reaped the benefit of nuclear electric on many occasions yourself. be that as it may yes fukishima will go down as one of the worst disasters of all time. once you fully realize how much radioactive waste was and will for a long time, be released into the earth and water table.

I agree. Mankind usually does things without fully researching it first, such as the fracking and them also digging into the underground Lake Vostok in Antarctica. They understand the technology THEY are using but they have no clue what kind of effect it will have on the earth. It's sad but true, mankind needs to clean up there act.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have a feeling that Fuji is going to go big time soon. I am watching it, and if it happens, I'll try to record it. I just hope it isn't too bad for the people there though. Sometimes there are warning signs, and sometimes there isn't.....I don't think Sakurajima is done yet either, as I see some other spots starting to get active.

top topics

join