It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viewing Threads Before They Are 404'd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is no rhyme or reason, just making a light statement.

I really enjoy being able to read a thread before it gets 404'd and trash binned. Sometimes I cruise the recent posts and new threads with the mentality of playing this game: 'Read the thread before a mod closes it."

Even when the subject matter is an angry rant or an unsubstantiated claim, if I am able to read a thread before it's closed, I almost feel like I was privy to some special inside information. A bit odd perhaps. Do anyone of you guys play this game also?

Peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm currently playing that game with this thread...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I do! A fun game, to say the least. Like going up a rank in a secret society: new knowledge, that is closed to others . . .

Early bird gets the worm,
Seraph

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I feel ya buddy , it is so annoying . But thats part of censorship , espically if its negative ats .

But we are in their kitchen and must bow down and accept whatever they wanna give us lol

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
*sigh*

It's not censorship..... and it doesn't matter how many times it's explained, some just "ain't" gonna get it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sometimes I see a newbie posting their first thread, and it's amazingly similar in style and content to someone recently banned. When those threads go *poof*, I assume ATS keeps track of banned members attempting to circumvent their ban. Makes total sense to me.

Des

edit on 19-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I almost feel like I was privy to some special inside information.

This is why I'm resentful of the mods. In my experience they are all nice people but I get the impression that they quite enjoy lording it over us muggles, laughing and joking amongst themselves at our inadequacies in their own secret forums, revelling in the power that their insider knowledge gives them.

Sometimes it feels like us normal members are treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed crap. It's no wonder we find these little glimpses into what goes on behind the scenes so fascinating. It is human nature to have your curiosity piqued when you discover that somebody is holding out on you.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Bloody 1%ers eh lol
Sometimes I catch em sometimes I don't - depends how I'm accessing the net
Must admit tho I want into really ATS
But then sod em lol their loss

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Please don't feel that way. It's the furthest from the truth, I assure you.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Yeah, It IS frustrating to open a thread with an interesting title, and find most of the replies have been wiped out and replaced with violation signs, leaving more questions than answers...

new topics

top topics

join