It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Official,I am a Bigot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by Garfee

I am putting in a request for a mod to please close
this thread.

As you always do when the thread doesn't go in the direction you like.

Posting on ATS is kind of like that Kenny Rogers song The Gambler...
www.youtube.com...
You have to know when to walk away from the keyboard before you type
something that might cost you.I don't want my ATS points counting backwards
into the minus column.

It seems you care about useless, intangible ATS points than the happiness of innocent fellow human beings.

If you followed your own thoughts and walked away when you knew the cards were agaist you, you would stop authoring threads which encouraged hate toward people that are smarter than yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I do follow my own thoughts and I can write any thread
topic that I choose.I stand by any posts that I write and if
you have an issue contact a mod!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Wrong again...don't you ever get tired of saying the same
things over and over again?
I admit that there are people smarter than I am.I do have
an IQ that is 135 and I can think for myself.My biggest
problem is that I get too emotionally involved with some
issues.I won't back down, give up or compromise my beliefs
for anyone at anytime.
I don't care what adults do to each other,my main concern is
with protecting children.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

I do follow my own thoughts and I can write any thread
topic that I choose.I stand by any posts that I write and if
you have an issue contact a mod!

No, I'm not a pussy. If I have something to say I'll say it directly and I believe I have.

You write hate threads.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

No,I do not write hate threads.Your mind only sees hate
and doesn't allow people with faith to have their own beliefs
and values.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I haven't had my skull bashed in for a while so I think I'll jump into the middle of this. I agree with mamabeth that she doesn't write hate threads.

It may be that the people who are objecting to her posts have become sensitised over the years to slights, real or imagined, and who now jump and scream at the slightest touch. It may or may not be understandable, but it is happening.

The homosexual community tends to see anyone approaching as an enemy and opens fire until the unsuspecting victim can pull out a rainbow flag and swear on his mother's grave that he supports PFLAG.

This over-reaction is the result of fear. We can speculate on their reasons to be afraid, but one certainly is the challenge to their goal of persuading the world that homosexuality is as moral, normal, traditional, healthy, stable and virtuous as marriage, and that every institution must recognize and bow down to that fact.

It is an extreme demand, and given the community's unwillingness to compromise, a demand that will cause far more grief and conflict than is necessary.

I do not hate gays. I recognize that some political movements are dangerous to a country. Further some individual acts are dangerous to the soul, a belief shared by the majority of people around the world.

To respond to an individuals belief by calling them "homophobe" or "bigot" reveals a heart so full of hate that they obviously can not see the beam in their own eye.

If you can see the difference, I can talk with people who happen to be homosexuals. But with homosexuals who happen to be people, I can only listen to their hate filled-screams.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

If you read a post of mine not far back you will see that I clearly stated I admire those of faith. I believe it takes courage to believe in something that you cannot prove exists.

But to go so far as to use your own personal belief in this thing which you cannot prove exists to discriminate against an innocent human being is simply wrong, immoral and unethical.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Garfee because: careless spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I can understand why some gays act defensively.Back in the
days when I ws a fag hag.My friends and I were hanging around
a park.All of a sudden a truck filled with "good ole' boys" drove
into the park entrance.They were armed with baseball bats and
were screaming they wanted to kick some "Q" behind.
One of my friends' was a deaf mute and he didn't hear what was
happening.I saw the truck coming our way and I threw myself on
my friend like we were making out.The truck drove on by us and
we left the park after that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

The homosexual community tends to see anyone approaching as an enemy and opens fire until the unsuspecting victim can pull out a rainbow flag and swear on his mother's grave that he supports PFLAG

Untrue.

I do not seek anyone out to advocate homosexuality - not my own and not in general. There are millions and millions of other homosexuals who are the same.

If I am approached in the manner which themember that authored this thread commonly uses I will react and why shouldn't I?

My reaction is provoked and defending something that I cannot help being is as natural an instinct as one can have.

The member that authored this thread has been asked countless times to reply to logical questions and they cannot - the questions remain ignored. This suggests to me that the member wishes only to troll with a highly charged issue which they find distasteful and of which they know little about.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

reply to post by charles1952

I can understand why some gays act defensively.Back in the
days when I ws a fag hag.My friends and I were hanging around
a park.All of a sudden a truck filled with "good ole' boys" drove
into the park entrance.They were armed with baseball bats and
were screaming they wanted to kick some "Q" behind.
One of my friends' was a deaf mute and he didn't hear what was
happening.I saw the truck coming our way and I threw myself on
my friend like we were making out.The truck drove on by us and
we left the park after that.

We act defensively because people like you tell us we are hell bound for choosing our sexuality when in reality we have as much choice as you did in your own.

As for those hillbillies you mention, let them come at us in this day and age. We are men as well as them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

You know why I started this thread?Because I was called a bigot
on another thread and so I started this RANT.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I do not disagree with everything you write. I will admit I have seen members attack you for a post which I considered to be benign or not in the least offensive. The only reason I will have a go is because I feel as though you just will not listen, because I have provided clear, logical and emotional arguements on a subject which I guarantee I am an expert on, which have been ignored.

If you do not like me, that's fine and yes that makes you a bigot. But it also makes me guilty of the same.

However, if one actively advocates discrimination and inequality that's when it goes from bigotry to something much more sinister.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

The true sabbath is sunset friday through sunset saturday!
I stopped going to a baptist church service over a year ago.
I only go to "sunday" school in order to please my husband.
I would much rather attend the Messianic synagogue service.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Be glad that you live in a country where you are allowed
to live the way you do.I am against the "gay" lifestyle but
I don't advocate violence against them.I am a christian lady
who has been involved with gays in my past.I recognise your
right to live the way you want,some other religious groups
don't...
www.youtube.com...
The views in this video are not my views on the topic.I do expect this video to
cause a lot of trouble here.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Funny thing you should mention chicken wings,I just finished
eating a piece of chicken a thigh to be exact.
You really need to step away from your keyboard for awhile.I
don't wish anything bad to happen to you if you're not careful.

This is an example of why I had earlier asked to have this thread
closed.I was ranting over another thread and this topic is too volatile
to discuss in any reasonable fashion.I have my personal views that
I won't back down from,others have theirs.I won't change, neither
will they.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Oh calm down, I was only kidding around to get your attention. I asked you to reply to my early comment in this thread, and you ignored me. I had a feeling you would respond to a negitive comment, go figure. Forget it now, it's unimportant. And I really don't wish choking on any one, that shat really hurts!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Dear Garfee,

I posted in a thread some time back, when I was younger and more naive. I saw that the OP wanted to deal with facts so I started looking. I had no idea what proportion of the US was homosexual so I tried the Census, CDC, and askwiki, which linked to half a dozen studies. I presented to the thread that it appears the number of Gays in the US is 3%-4%.

Then I started looking to see if types of diseases were more common among the Gay population, and if we could find reasons why. Things like condom use, types of sex, number of partners, etc. Again my main source was Centers for Disease Control.

Would you be surprised to learn that I was not accepted with open arms as a serious student looking for answers without an agenda?

The homosexual community tends to see anyone approaching as an enemy and opens fire until the unsuspecting victim can pull out a rainbow flag and swear on his mother's grave that he supports PFLAG
If you change that statement to read "the homosexual community on ATS," I will maintain that it is true and is true from my own experience here.

I know some gays and I wanted to learn more about their issues. If nobody wants to discuss them with me, then the results are their fault. I tried.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. please accept my apologies in advance for any excessive language. I will apologize again as necessary, But gee whiz guys, ease up.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Be glad that you live in a country where you are allowed
to live the way you do.I am against the "gay" lifestyle but
I don't advocate violence against them.I am a christian lady
who has been involved with gays in my past.I recognise your
right to live the way you want,some other religious groups
don't...

I am eternally grateful that I live in a part of the world that is reasonably socially rational.

I do not know why you say you do not advocate violence again gays as though we cannot hold our own in a fight. If someone wants to throw a punch let them and then we'll see how far they get. It is better to declare that you do not advocate violence at all.

I recognise your right to choose to be christian and I hope you are also grateful that you live in a part of the world where you are free to practice your particular religion.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Garfee because: Idiot spelling, as usual.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Why should it matter if the OP is a bigot?

In her context of fundamentalist Abrahamic religion her opinion as a woman counts for less than nothing anyway.

They are to be in silence, and nowadays men are obliged to nod politely and ignore such women, but in the pre-liberal days there would have been some physical chastisement (such as a beating, the scold's bridle, or the dunking stool).

Nowadays, secular men will entertain such women, and it's good not to be as chauvinist and bigoted as the patriarchs who control the religion of these females, but ultimately they don't have to be taken seriously, because they want to have their cake and eat it too.
edit on 24-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join