It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Official,I am a Bigot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Listen lady - get it through your warped mind that homosexuality is not a learned trait. What's your problem if it's not something that can be 'picked up'?

If your whole concept of what a homosexual is comes from being a fag hag in the 1970's, I'm afraid you will find that you do not have a very broadly painted picture of what you so dislike.

I know you know that I have replied more than once to threads started by you on this subject, so I know you have seen honorable, noble and truthful answers to your questions. It appears you do not care and wish only to spread lies and negativity.

I really feel sorry for you if you are so obsessed with this subject when there is literally nothing you can do about it short of killing one of us and that's been tried before so COME AT ME.

edit on 20-2-2012 by Garfee because: your god made me spell badly

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

You really don't get it buddy...my ONLY problem
with homosexuals is schools starting to teach
young children about homosexuality.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Garfee

If parents weren't at home teaching their children that homosexuals are cursed demons resulting in their angels bringing such hate into schools, the schools would not need to teach the children otherwise.

Just my point of view of course.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

yet you condone teaching children the myths of christianity - oops your hypocricy has slipped

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

I could quote quite a few of your previous post over your time on ATS which say otherwise.

All the same, if that is your view now then I completely agree. No sexuality should be taught to such young children because they cannot graps the intricacies. In saying that, all you have to do is read through a thread like this to see that many adults don't either.

I hope that you advocate the removal of all sexuality from the classroom in genral as opposed to just gay sexuality?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I love how my comments and questions always go ingnored

point!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

hey, guess what?
homosexuality is not a choice, not something you learn in a school
what schools can do however is teach people to be tolerant about sexual orientation,
as it is a given fact.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Then go for it and refresh my memory.Bottom line here...
Homosexuality is a sin and lifestyle choice that you have
a right to live.I have to get my hubby ready for work.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Actually you are so incredibly wrong. You are wrong. I mean, you are just wrong.

I am not sure how many times you have to be told but homosexuality isn't a lifestyle choice.

As I have previously and correctly stated in this very thread so I'm sure you read it, a sexual act is a choice. But don't tell me one's sexuality is. Did you have any choice in your own? Of course not.

But, not only am I repeating myself, I believe you either know this to be true already or have a learning disability because it shouldn't take a normal human being with a functioning brain so long to pick up one small fact.

Why are you so militantly against homosexuals? They aren't actually hurting anyone.

No one cares that you think it's a deadly sin except a few other bible crazies. I have great respect for those of faith but you are not that type, you are a dark, hating person who I iagine is surrounded by similar.

Again I repeat myself inn this thread, but, I pity you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Yes,I am surrounded by a bunch of dark,hating people...
they are called members of ATS.
I am a Bible believing woman who prays that your spiritual
eyes and ears are opened before it is too late!
Homosexuality is a sin and lifestyle choice.There isn't anything
you could possibly post to make me change my mind.My mind
is not closed, because I know the truth.

www.gotquestions.org...
edit on 21-2-2012 by mamabeth because: added link

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

That is good for you. At least ATS knows for sure now what to expect when you author a thread.

I do not need your prayers but if you wish to waste your time, please yourself.

I'll be getting on with life and trying not to hate people for no reason.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Garfee because: careless spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am putting in a request for a mod to please close
this thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Whats the point?

These hate threads are like flies... kill one, three more pop up...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Whats the point?

These hate threads are like flies... kill one, three more pop up...

I'm not the least bit religious, but doesn't even the bible say "judge not, lest ye be judged themselves"

That could have even been Shakespeare, I don't know. Someone said it.

Wasn't there someone in the bible that taught tolerance?
How can anyone truly religious, not be tolerant?
How can anyone feel they can speak for the big dude upstairs?
Aren't we supposed to leave the judgement of other people and their lifestyle, up to a higher power than ourselves, if they aren't hurting anyone?

Why are non religious people more tolerant of others?
Live and let live.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To whom it may concern...I don't hate anybody.
I don't care about anybody either,I don't care
what you do and who you do.You think I am so
full of hate because I have an opinion that does
not agree with your thinking.

Strength for those who need it...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-2-2012 by mamabeth because: added video

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Perhaps hate is a strong word... but the thing is if you don't care as you said, what is the point of making this kind of thread?

Realize homosexuality isn't a choice... Its taught in school because people are starting to realize this... so why do you not see that issue?

They don't choose to be gay any more they you choose to be straight... as a matter of fact i've known some people who openly admit they don't like the fact that they are gay... its just how they work.

Change your mind and you can change the world my dear

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I had a quick look through the thread, and on the last page there was a poster who had some links and clips to the crux of Mamabeth's concerns - mainly teaching gay matters to kids as young as five.
Unfortunately my Youtube keeps showing "error: please try again later", so I only saw parts, and they were by biased sources, like the Family Research Council.

I'm not an expert at education (having only taught language to foreign adults).
However, I find teaching kids on sexuality that young unnecessary.

Perhaps it was better discovering one's sexuality in an environment where sexuality was rarely mentioned, and bullying was met with the instant correction of the teacher's cane.
OK, it was also a dogged environment that defended apartheid with the Bible, and boys faced conscription to fight the Marxists in Angola.
But on the other hand, it was also fun, because it was so easy to subvert, and to get a laugh from drag or my gay humor that came naturally.

From what I've seen on previous threads on the matter, gay material isn't really dangerous for the straight majority.
To me it's dangerous as a gay person because there are so many different ways of being gay, and having role-models picked out for you narrows your path and talents.
At least for myself being gay developed on its own, and I didn't need anyone to tell me how to be gay.

But perhaps nowadays things are different and schools are more like war-zones, both ideologically and often socially.
Here one hears of a nine-year-old heroin addict, and a teenage pregnancy rate that is through the roof.
Adult brands are sold to kids in the "tween" market.
HIV/AIDs is spread.
Perhaps there should be sex education at a younger age?
I don't know.

I guess religion was our introduction to sexuality.
I always wondered where Mrs. God was in the Bible, or even Mrs. Christ?
Jesus had two daddies and one mommy, and no official wife.
St Paul said that a wife is only good for those men who will burn with lust (and, I'll always recall: if you are loose from a wife; don't take one), and Jesus said there are 3 types of eunuchs who should never marry.
I always identified with the "eunuch" made in the womb.
Now it appears that Jesus was probably talking science, but it's not the science that is popular with fundamentalists at present, so it is just ignored.

Later I began wondering why Jesus said only a divorced and remarried woman is an evil "adulterer", and not the man?
I also wondered at Bible camps why men joked about the women having to shut up when the men are talking in church.
I wondered why the procession of the redeemed in Revelations was made up only of men who were virgins and "undefiled" by women. Why were women so defiling?

And what does the King James Bible mean when Old Testament men "humbled women" - was raping a woman giving her some "humbleness"?
Heterosexuality was "humbling a woman"?
No wonder they need the "gay enemy" as a comparison to make Biblical heterosexuality look slightly good and moral in modern terms.

And why did women bleed but they still sat everywhere in church, when the Bible says they are dirty when their bodies do this?
Why was I circumcised, and the biggest Christians were not, although I wasn't even allowed to look where God gave us all those nerve-endings?
That's the stuff the Bible made me think about before I even knew the definition of a "homosexual".

I'm probably out of touch, but for me finding about historical figures' homosexuality - like Michelangelo or Da Vinvi - was a liberating and personal experience.
But even here another artist friend of mine is very critical, because it supposes all gays are artistic, whereas we know there are gay mechanics and marines, for example.
History in general is very problematic, so my bet would be to stop bullying, and provide some kind of safe sex course at puberty.
It shouldn't be spoon-fed.

I don't know exactly what they're teaching, but pushing stereotypes onto gay children seems like a risk.
It's bad enough that many heterosexuals have to follow stereotypes, and eventually they can end up in exploitative cults.

edit on 21-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

I really don’t get it, help me understand.
Why do you care if gay people marry, how does it negatively effect you? Why do you feel like you need to accept other peoples lifestyle choices? So when your dying on the operating table and a gay doctor saves your life you’d be fine with it as long as his life partner isn’t covered by his health insurance plan, or as long as his life partner doesn’t have the same rights your spouse has to make the call if the doc is ever on the table himself??

I have no problem with my children learning the reality of the world they live in. Being gay isn’t catching, so as long as they are 10 or older, I see no problem with them learning about ALL the different types of people in this life. My son is a little person…Long ago people had wild misconceptions about them as well. Thankfully with education and exposure people are slowly learning they are just people, who, like gay people, have nothing to be ashamed of. Would you rather them go blindly out into the world thinking everyone is straight? Or would you prefer to cloud their minds with your own skewed opinions?

How are you being FORCED to accept anything? And you say you don’t force your hetero lifestyle on anyone….well using that stupid argument. I guess you, your spouse, and kid walking down the street would be openly displaying your sexual preference, wouldn’t it?

Gay people are JUST LIKE YOU, get over it…

ANSWER MY FRIGGEN QUESTIONS!!!!!

“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
edit on 21-2-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

this thread.

As you always do when the thread doesn't go in the direction you like.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

this thread.

As you always do when the thread doesn't go in the direction you like.

Posting on ATS is kind of like that Kenny Rogers song The Gambler...
www.youtube.com...
You have to know when to walk away from the keyboard before you type
something that might cost you.I don't want my ATS points counting backwards
into the minus column.
edit on 22-2-2012 by mamabeth because: problem with video

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join