It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Official,I am a Bigot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by mamabeth

You should stalk around the National Parks then until someone starts calling you "Bigotfoot"

Thing is, while I'm horrified at what you stated you're against in your OP, not one person on this planet is free or innocent from hating needlessly and for no reason. Which means everybody alive is a bigot in one way or another.

You confuse hate for dislike. Just because someone doesn't like the things you do and does not agree with your ways or like them, does not mean they hate you, they just hate what you do. There is a huge difference. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

There's nothing horrifying in her OP, she has the right to believe what she does, same as we all do. It's not like she's advocating going out and hanging every gay person on the planet, even though more radical people are not opposed to that *cough* Islam *cough*.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by windword

If someone is preaching to YOUR children, you have the right to say no... It's not allowed in schools. So where exactly is this happening???

If you're refering to other's kids.. You have no say, you have no right.

If they get in YOUR face, say something back.

Please explain, I see no refrence to what you're refering to.

OK, Let me Help You, Here are a couple of sites for you and it is California mostly.

LAUSD Becomes First California School District to Mandate Gay Curriculum

Under his resolution , all schools within LAUSD must do the following in their classrooms within three months:

blogs.laweekly.com...
The above is a Right Leaning Site.

The Push is On! Canadian, U.S. Public Schools Continue to Promote Homosexuality

"[T]he gay rights movement is shifting norms in Canada. And with that comes a message to those who won't evolve: your outdated morals are no longer acceptable, and we will teach your kids the new norms." ~ Editorial, Oct. 20, 2011, in Vancouver Xtra, Canada's Gay & Lesbian News[1]

chalcedon.edu...
Yup again with a religious slant.

California State Senate Passes Transsexual-Bisexual-Homosexual Curriculum Bill

SB 777 turns "every government school into a sexual indoctrination center"

SACRAMENTO, May 24 /Christian Newswire/ -- Radical legislation mandating that schoolchildren as young as kindergarten learn about and support transsexuality, bisexuality and homosexuality has passed the California State Senate.

I Personally Think,,,,, Kindergarten age kids are a little young,,,,, But that is my opinion,,, I don't care if little Sally or Jane or Bobby or Billy has two Fathers or Mothers, That is their family life style.

SB 777 requires textbooks, instructional materials, and school-sponsored activities to positively portray cross-dressing, sex-change operations, homosexual "marriages," and all aspects of homosexuality and bisexuality, including so-called "gay history." Silence on these sexual lifestyles will not be allowed.

www.christiannewswire.com...
Again, Cross Dressing and Sex-Change Operations,,, Really need to be taught at such an early age? But that's for you and your Partner and Children to decide,,,, Or is it?

And I Ask You,,,, What Do You Think Of This Head Line:

Toronto school board: Parents can’t opt kids out of pro-homosexual curriculum

TORONTO, Ontario, June 8, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – In a major attack on parental rights, and a direct violation of the stated policy of the Ontario government, the Toronto District School Board is forbidding parents from opting their kids out of classes treating homosexuality.

www.lifesitenews.com...

Clashes Pit Parents vs. Gay-Friendly Curriculums in Schools

And What Do Some Teachers Think?

“Right here, in the classroom, is totally where it needs to start,” said Jenn Bowman, a teacher of world history at Mission High School, about teaching gay history in public schools.

WHY?

After a lesbian student at Jesse Bethel High School in Vallejo joined with the American Civil Liberties Union in 2008 to accuse the local school district of discrimination, district officials agreed as part of a settlement to show films and assign homework depicting same-sex families, beginning in elementary school.

www.nytimes.com...

Just Hoping this Helps.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well... minorities have rights we dont have.

If gays make a gay club, its alright. If straights make a straight club, is homofobia.
If blacks create a black college or a black disco, its cool. If a white creates a white college or white disco, we're racists
If blacks call me a cracker, Its cool... its their culture. If I call them a n.igger all hell breaks loose
If immigrants take control of our neighborhood, its ok,. If we want a immigrant-free neighborhood, we're xenophobic
If jews attack palestine, its "self defense"... if palestine attacks the jews, its terrorism.

And so on...

Minorities can always have all the stuff cause they always pull the "oh poor me" card, thing that we, the majority, dont do - we just have to accept, and deal with it. And you better deal with it, unless you want to be labeled as "intolerant" and all that crap of political correctness that we have nowadays - actually I call it "lack of spinal column" to stand for our true rights.

Of course deep inside we still think "oh well... poor them, let them have that stupid disco, and their college, and their gay club... whatever floats their boat, I dont care"... but they always seem to be wanting a little more. So I think we should stop being so "tolerant" and actually say what we think, and oppose everything that goes against our beliefs, moral values or what we see as right or wrong. People should start living by the sword and upholding their rights... willing to suffer, pay the price, and even die for what you believe.

I'm kinda sick of all that hypocrisy of the "tolerant that are intolerant towards the intolerant, making them intolerant themselves" - its the paradox of the 21st century "political correctness". I am free to not to like someone, based on whatever I want, as much as the other person is free not to like me for whatever reason they have.

It seems that intolerant ppl are way more tolerant towards the intolerance of others. Which is rather ironic.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I guess I am one too. I don't really care what they do , but this whole "Acknowledge & Worship Me" campaign that they are on about lately is getting on my nerves. I just want them to have the same rights as everyone else. I'm not looking to be best buddies.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Married in your backyard? Wow that's impressive.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I highly agree with the last part of your post, especially in the regard of the Palestine/Israel situation, it is horrible that everything in today's society is usually a one sided issue. Evolution would also be another big one in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I agree with your general idea.

In SA there are all kinds of "black associations", but whites are not allowed their own.

As for gay clubs, I'm not so sure.
Nobody will stop you here at a gay bar and ask you of your current sexuality.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

may i ask a question :

what is your opninion on ` sunday school ` in the 21st century ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
i have an observation , on US marriage

a judge can preform a marriage service - and legally marry two people - correct ?

now are US judges not secular agents of the states legislative branch of government ?

if the 2 opinions above are true - why should it make any difference in US law what sex the partners are ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Will you ever get it through your skull that being homosexual is not a 'lifestyle choice'? One may choose to perform a sexal act or not, but being gay is as much choce as being straight.

You have made a choice to be a bigot - as you have clearly stated - against people who had no choice whether or not to be the thing you so dislike.

That makes you a nasty piece of work and a few other things, as well as a bigot.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It's not enough to just acknowlege gay lifestyles anymore.

You have to accept it.

It's not a lifestyle I would endorse, but if people live that way, then fine.

I know people who are vegans. I understand that here are people who enjoy that lifestyle. (it means more steak for me!) But, again, not something I would endorse.

mamabeth, you're not a bigot. The actual bigotry might be in areas where your beliefs are not tolerated.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I really don’t get it, help me understand.
Why do you care if gay people marry, how does it negatively effect you? Why do you feel like you need to accept other peoples lifestyle choices? So when your dying on the operating table and a gay doctor saves your life you’d be fine with it as long as his life partner isn’t covered by his health insurance plan, or as long as his life partner doesn’t have the same rights your spouse has to make the call if the doc is ever on the table himself??

I have no problem with my children learning the reality of the world they live in. Being gay isn’t catching, so as long as they are 10 or older, I see no problem with them learning about ALL the different types of people in this life. My son is a little person…Long ago people had wild misconceptions about them as well. Thankfully with education and exposure people are slowly learning they are just people, who, like gay people, have nothing to be ashamed of. Would you rather them go blindly out into the world thinking everyone is straight? Or would you prefer to cloud their minds with your own skewed opinions?

How are you being FORCED to accept anything? And you say you don’t force your hetero lifestyle on anyone….well using that stupid argument. I guess you, your spouse, and kid walking down the street would be openly displaying your sexual preference, wouldn’t it?

Gay people are JUST LIKE YOU, get over it…

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
So here is the hypocrisy of California... We spent 40 years being the haven of tolerance and acceptance. We actively (as a micro-society) became the poster-child for embracing of all lifestyles and total equality for all... Sounds great on paper... And then you see it in practice... In this case, we are all about Gay Rights, and then, of all places, ALL PLACES, we are the ones to force an amendment to our state constitution to attempt to ban gay marriage? I mean WTF?!? First of all, I opposed Prop 8 for 2 reasons... #1. There is absolutely no friggin reason to keep people from doing what they want to do as long as it doesn't cause harm or endanger the safety of others, so why are we considering this for a constitutional vote? #2. Our constitution guarantees us equal rights in this state... I didn't read that to be equal rights... Unless you are gay, lesbian, transgender or transsexual... What I don't get, and here is a Ron Paulism about to come out... Why the heck does government need to interfere in private matters that are really family oriented? If a couple of men, or a couple of women want to share their lives together, how is it hurting me? That's right... It isn't.

Here I live in what is supposed to me one of the most liberal states in the US, where everyone is truly equal, and all I see in our society is divisiveness... Most of it perpetrated and perpetuated by our wonderful media... Joseph Goebbels would have been proud... Funny thing is that I personally don't care if you are straight, gay, black, white, green, brown, purple, male, female, human or alien (terrestrial or extra-)... It doesn't matter... What I do care about is hearing groups spew rants and justifications which are based only on very tiny slivers of the abstract truth in order to show how they are a victim, never-mind that the more vehement they get about expressing these notions of "Victimization" the more it propagates bigotry...

Only when we get to the point where we can see one another as kindred spirits and embrace our differences in all good faith and sincerity will we begin to understand one another enough to recognize how we are all equal and how most differences in this day and age are (to a good degree) the product of out of control media, and spread on currents of fear. I believe Theodore Roosevelt was once quoted as saying that "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself". Yeah, we hella fear stuff... our society today is even more scared of the monster under the bed than any other time in history, that I am aware of.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
It is official,I am a bigot.Why?Because I oppose gay lifestyle choices
being taught to young children.I oppose gay marriage as being normal.
I oppose gay rights forcing the heterosexuals into accepting their life
style choices.

What lifestyle choices? You think being gay is a choice? You think most gay people don't initially wish with all their hearts that they were straight when they first realise what they are, before they learn to accept who they are. This is something that no should have to go through. The only reason homosexuality is an issue at all is because people like you who make it an issue. Tell me please how gay people getting married or teaching acceptance of homosexuality in schools will impact upon your life in any way shape or form.

And why on Earth not teach a little acceptance in schools? So its okay to teach the kiddies that women can be anything and that all races are equal but let's just zip our mouths up when it comes to homosexuals. Please.

Are you worried that the grand kiddies might not feel that sense of guilt and shame during their 'experimental years' if they find themselves mucking around with another of the same gender? If they're straight then no amount of schooling will turn them gay. I really don't see what the issue is.

And as for gay marriage (or rather marriage), if you oppose it then don't marry a gay person. You think your marriage will some how be a lesser thing just because to blokes want to spend the rest of their lives together?

With that being said...I don't condone violence against gays.I don't
condone refusing anyone a place to work or live because of their lifestyle
choice.

Good for you. Its just you support the pyschological vilification of a certain group of people who have certain traits which they cannot help by denying them rights that should be inherent to all human beings; and your not really keen on children being taught to accept those who may be different to them

I don't care if my doctor,lawyer,dentist,waiter,waitress,cook,janitor...
is gay! That is their choice and none of my business.I make it my business
when I am being forced into accepting their choices.I don't force my
beliefs on them,why should they be allowed to force theirs on me?

What beliefs are they trying to force on you. The belief that everyone deserves to be treated equally. What a truly terrible thing to believe

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

My bloodline will LIVE FOREVER, can a gay person say that? Nope.

That's assuming you can find someone willing to mate with you in the first place.

Originally posted by beezzer
It's not enough to just acknowlege gay lifestyles anymore.

You have to accept it.

It's not a lifestyle I would endorse, but if people live that way, then fine.

I know people who are vegans. I understand that here are people who enjoy that lifestyle. (it means more steak for me!) But, again, not something I would endorse.

mamabeth, you're not a bigot. The actual bigotry might be in areas where your beliefs are not tolerated.

Let’s see. Gay people get up, eat breakfast, brush their teeth, go to work, have drinks with friends, go home to their lover.

Yeah I see your point. I wouldn’t really endorse that either…..

edit on 20/2/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What are the gay dislikers really afraid of?

That a gay will creep into their house late one night and steal all their fabulous clothes?

A gay person cant have a baby (directly with their partner) and share their DNA, so we can rule out a super gay master race.

A gay person cant have sexual relations anywhere a hetro couple wouldnt be, so theres no offence here either.

Its both born and chosen and people are free to do what they want tbh, quit whining about it and consentrate on your own lives. Removing gays and their rights etc wont fix anything, only cause more problems.

edit on 20-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Well... minorities have rights we dont have.

If gays make a gay club, its alright. If straights make a straight club, is homofobia.

If you want to go into a gay bar, you're welcome to. I have no idea why you feel as though you can't. It's not exclusively gay, it's just a sanctuary where they can go and have a laugh and be ridiculous and among others who are similar to them.

I'm not kidding, why is it you think gay bars are only for gay people?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
It is official,I am a bigot.Why?Because I oppose gay lifestyle choices
being taught to young children.I oppose gay marriage as being normal.
I oppose gay rights forcing the heterosexuals into accepting their life
style choices.
With that being said...I don't condone violence against gays.I don't
condone refusing anyone a place to work or live because of their lifestyle
choice.
I don't care if my doctor,lawyer,dentist,waiter,waitress,cook,janitor...
is gay! That is their choice and none of my business.I make it my business
when I am being forced into accepting their choices.I don't force my
beliefs on them,why should they be allowed to force theirs on me?

OP, I owe you an apology.

I've been reading the state curriculum for California. I know this will sound really ignorant, but I don't watch tv and pay little attention to main stream media news. I had no idea that California had passed a law requiring schools to acknowledge the contributions of transgender, gay, and lesbian people. And apparently there is no "opt out" clause that parents could sign to request their children not have the lesson.

Let me be clear. I have no problem whatsoever with the homosexual lifestyle. And I have no problem with portraying anyone in a positive light.

If I'm reading the curriculum correctly, (and I just scanned it quickly so I could be wrong), this law requires the schools to teach about the contributions the gay community have made to our society. I think this is fine, but I don't agree that it should be introduced at the elementary level. What really bothers me about this law is that parents can't opt out if they don't want their children to participate. That is concerning, not because of the content being taught, but because parental rights are being usurped. As a parent, you should have the right to have a say in what your child is being taught.

I don't think wanting control over what your child learns is bigotry. I think it is concern for your child.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Happy to burst your little bubble...
In the late 70's I was a fag hag,all my male friends were gay.
Yes,I have been to gay bars before.
My anti-gay bigotry is totally focused on protecting young
children being taught homosexuality as an alternate lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

mamabeth if you haven't seen this you might enjoy it
why do women love gay men

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by snowspirit

Married in your backyard? Wow that's impressive.

Not really, it's very common here. I thought it would be common everywhere.
We just pay the Marriage Commissioner for his or her gas and time, and they'll marry you anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join