It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Official,I am a Bigot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
Holy crap I didn't think tere was so much ignorance on ATS. Your opinions are completely messed up people, you do not mind if your doctor who helps you, or dentist who helps you being gay, but if someone comes up and burns them alive you do not condone it. It's fascinating and what rights, what terrible thing are they forcing on you? I mean unless it's a used dildo, I just don't really see your point all I see is unjustified hate towards the gay community and then saying "oh I don't mind if he's gay, but lordy lord if those men in plaid shirts are gonna give him a good beat down, well golly Imma getz me my powpcorn and have a great show".

Never has a homosexual forced anything upon myself and my beliefs, tell me ( if you really have something to say), what have homosexuals try to force upon you worse than what your government has?
I'm waiting for your responses biggots!!!

Show me a non-doctor burning for being gay.... Oh wait.. This ISNT Iran...

Homo's force the issue often. Dont you read your news? Dont you see the roadsigns? TV shows? Cmon, dont be so blind. We're not blind to the fact that there are some religious nuts doing this... we're (many of us) are not part of it, yet anyone who's gay bashing or against it is a religious nut.

What about me??? I'm not religious. I'm not pushing religion on you, so why do I have to deal with gay stuff when I dont feel it's right either...?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
California has recenty adopted a state-wide gay curriculum requirement. I don't know of any states that have a Christian requirement.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Do you have a source for this? I'd like to take a look. I'll google it but if you have a link that would be better.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi Mama,

Interesting and polemical post, as always.

In SA homophobia to us means very real violence, and denial of everything from jobs to movement (and despite our liberal constitution and duel gay marriage laws in South Africa, many people feel they cannot access them).

Now you already said you were anti-violence, which would already not make you a bigot in an Africanist sense.

So often from the USA I hear things on threads about gays brainwashing children with their "lifestyle", or gay marriage (which we've had since 2006, and it's been quite boring).

Are there some practical examples of what upsets you?
I'm open to listen and find out if there are, but usually these are just terms bandied about.
How are American children indoctrinated into a gay lifestyle?

I'm just wondering, because I don't live in the US, and it seems somewhat confusing.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by windword

If someone is preaching to YOUR children, you have the right to say no... It's not allowed in schools. So where exactly is this happening???

If you're refering to other's kids.. You have no say, you have no right.

If they get in YOUR face, say something back.

Please explain, I see no refrence to what you're refering to.

Are you dense or just trolling in a potentially emotionally charged thread? I was using the OP's rant for humor. Although, I stand by my rant.

Are you saying that you have never been offended by some religious nutter who wanted to enact some obscure law?

I, personally don't want to see creationism taught in school, abortion and women's right issues being continually legislated with forced vaginal probes and required counseling. I don't want to see laws on the books about what kinds of sex are permitted, or if you can buy a bottle of wine on Sunday.
edit on 19-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Dear smyleegrl,

You're right, my apologies, I should have included a link. Here it is, and the first two paragraphs of the article dated July 14, 2011.

www.csmonitor.com...

California today became the first state to require that school districts include in their social studies lessons the contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.

“History should be honest. This bill revises existing laws that prohibit discrimination in education and ensures that the important contributions of Americans from all backgrounds and walks of life are included in our history books,” said a statement from Gov. Jerry Brown (D), who signed the bill after supporters and opponents endured more than a week of suspense.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you very much! I hope you realize I wasn't trying to discredit you for not supplying a link. Now I've got some reading to do. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

My bloodline will LIVE FOREVER, can a gay person say that? Nope. Unless they are female.

Ummm...yes they can, via artificial insemination...both gays and lesbians can do that. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
California has recenty adopted a state-wide gay curriculum requirement. I don't know of any states that have a Christian requirement.

Because no one is killing themselves for being a closeted-Christian.....jeez

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I don't think you're a bigot...you don't have to agree with everything. You have an opinion and everyone is welcomed to their opinion. No bigee.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You should stalk around the National Parks then until someone starts calling you "Bigotfoot"

Thing is, while I'm horrified at what you stated you're against in your OP, not one person on this planet is free or innocent from hating needlessly and for no reason. Which means everybody alive is a bigot in one way or another.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I agree 100 % with you.For me,I don't care what you do with your life.It's your business.But I draw the line at trying to force it on me or to try and make me accept it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
It is official,I am a bigot.Why?Because I oppose gay lifestyle choices
being taught to young children.I oppose gay marriage as being normal.
I oppose gay rights forcing the heterosexuals into accepting their life
style choices.
With that being said...I don't condone violence against gays.I don't
condone refusing anyone a place to work or live because of their lifestyle
choice.

That's like saying, Being black, red or yellow is a "lifestyle choice"

They are born that way,
Why?
Could be natures way of controlling population growth, to keep the human race healthy and sustainable...

There will always be plenty of breeders around, although, a lot of them probably shouldn't...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yes you are a bigot. Why start a thread about it?
edit on 19-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

GOOD FOR YOU

heaven forbid everybody have your opinion. heaven forbid everybody have the same as OP
heaven forbid everybody have my opinion::::

I dont want Homosexuals touching me on my body, in my mouth, doing my laundry, cutting my grass, taking care of my legal maters, or the affairs of my country.

now, I ask you. Can you equally say GOOD FOR ME?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

There are many different opinions out there, not everyone agrees on everything.

Oh, and Good for you

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow - I got excited when I read the title : It is Official, I am a Bigfoot !

Then I realised my mistake when I got here, everyone seemed to be talking about gay stuff and bigots,

Maybe Bigfoot learning to use a computer and post here will happen one day maybe just maybe.....

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Oooonh good fayou! You wanna come by my house later on we could give ourselves some foot massages, facials and bitch about our skinny jeans being too tight.

And if you play your cards right sugar... Happy ending.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

GOOD FOR YOU

heaven forbid everybody have your opinion. heaven forbid everybody have the same as OP
heaven forbid everybody have my opinion::::

I dont want Homosexuals touching me on my body, in my mouth, doing my laundry, cutting my grass, taking care of my legal maters, or the affairs of my country.

now, I ask you. Can you equally say GOOD FOR ME?

Wanna make out?

I'll shave my beard first if it makes you feel better

edit on 19-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
It is official,I am a bigot.Why?Because I oppose gay lifestyle choices
being taught to young children.I oppose gay marriage as being normal.
I oppose gay rights forcing the heterosexuals into accepting their life
style choices.
With that being said...I don't condone violence against gays.I don't
condone refusing anyone a place to work or live because of their lifestyle
choice.
I don't care if my doctor,lawyer,dentist,waiter,waitress,cook,janitor...
is gay! That is their choice and none of my business.I make it my business
when I am being forced into accepting their choices.I don't force my
beliefs on them,why should they be allowed to force theirs on me?

Amen. I couldn't agree more.

thumbs up for bigotry

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join