It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Official,I am a Bigot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It is official,I am a bigot.Why?Because I oppose gay lifestyle choices
being taught to young children.I oppose gay marriage as being normal.
I oppose gay rights forcing the heterosexuals into accepting their life
style choices.
With that being said...I don't condone violence against gays.I don't
condone refusing anyone a place to work or live because of their lifestyle
choice.
I don't care if my doctor,lawyer,dentist,waiter,waitress,cook,janitor...
is gay! That is their choice and none of my business.I make it my business
when I am being forced into accepting their choices.I don't force my
beliefs on them,why should they be allowed to force theirs on me?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

The reason that you are a "bigot" is because that's a nasty word and there's a tendency to throw out nasty words to attack the person who holds ideas one opposes. It's never an attack on the idea, but on the person. You should be pleased. Being insulted means that you can't be shown to be wrong, so you are painted as "not nice"

I consider, "racist, bigot, homophobe" to be one word which means I win and the person uttering them is reduced to name calling.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

edit on 19-2-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: Double post oops

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think thats a perfectly valid and fair opinion.

Glad that you are happy to say it, you dont have to be president of political correctness to dissagree on hot subjects.

Childrens indoctrination of religions, sexual bias and political ideals should be kept to a minimum age where they know what it is completly and can CHOOSE to take a side.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72

Originally posted by mamabeth
style choices.
choice.

It is official, I am a bigot? Why?because I oppose straight lifestyle choices being taught to young children.I oppose straight marriage as being normal.I oppose straight rights forcing homosexuals into excepting their lifestyle choices.

With that being said...I don't condone violence against straight people. I don't condone refusing anyone a place to work or live because of their lifestyle choice.
I don't care if my doctor,lawyer, dentist, waitress, cook, janitor is straight!
That is their choice and none of my business. I make it my business when I am forced into accepting their choices. I don't force my beliefs on them, why should they be allowed to force theirs on me?
edit on 19-2-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Bigot is a harsh word isn't it?

I do not agree with you, but alas, that is not the topic of the rant so i'll just leave it at that

Don't respond when people attack you personally and not your ideas, we are humans and get caught up in all the emotion of defending our position, so just be the bigger man and let it go

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is official, I am a bigot. Why? Because I oppose religious extremist's lifestyle choices being taught to young children. I oppose religious extremism as being normal. I oppose religiously legislated laws, forcing everybody into accepting their life style choices.

With that being said...I don't condone violence against religious zealots. I don't condone refusing anyone a place to work or live because of their lifestyle choice.

If my doctor, lawyer, dentist, waiter, waitress, cook, janitor...is a religious nutter, that is their choice and they should keep it to themselves, none of my business. I make it my business when I am being forced into accepting their choices. I don't force my beliefs on them, why should they be allowed to force theirs on me?

I'M TALKING TO YOU RICK SANTORUM!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Because gay's think they are better than straight people, they get all these gay rights...what about straight rights I want my damn straight rights for being straight. If gays had it the way they wanted this world would be full of homosexuals and the planet would be dead in 50 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How are homosexuals forcing their lifestyles on you? The fact that they want the same rights heterosexuals have and are vocal about it?

Just like those folks in the sixties....imagine wanting the right to sit in a bus or to eat at a Woolworth's counter.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Because gay's think they are better than straight people, they get all these gay rights...what about straight rights I want my damn straight rights for being straight.

Gays have more rights than straights?
What extra rights do they have?

I have more rights than married gays - survivors pension, right to spousal visits/decisions in hospital, etc.

The only right that is being attacked is NOT by the gay community, it's comming from the straight community, stating that marriage is a "religious" right / rite, and others should be a civil union.

So now, I'm a straight woman, married to a straight man, and the homophobic of the straight community, is telling us non religious people, that we're civilly unionized, or legally unionized, because they're putting a religious connotation on marriage.
I was married in my back yard. Not in a church.
MARRIED - without religion.

Thank goodness I live in a country that keep religion (for the most part) out of politics.

If gays had it the way they wanted this world would be full of homosexuals and the planet would be dead in 50 years.

I don't think they're worried about straight people existing.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't let my sexual tastes dictate who I am as a person.
I don't want anyone teaching my grandkids' about lifestyle
choices they can make when they are in grade school.
Leave our kids' alone...if they want to be "gay" when they
are adults,so be it!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The only right that is being attacked is NOT by the gay community, it's comming from the straight community, stating that marriage is a "religious" right

No it's not a religious right, its a human right to reproduce. Can gays reproduce? Hell no. Don't even try to bring up any science crap where they can get injected with sperm

My bloodline will LIVE FOREVER, can a gay person say that? Nope. Unless they are female.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Holy crap I didn't think tere was so much ignorance on ATS. Your opinions are completely messed up people, you do not mind if your doctor who helps you, or dentist who helps you being gay, but if someone comes up and burns them alive you do not condone it. It's fascinating and what rights, what terrible thing are they forcing on you? I mean unless it's a used dildo, I just don't really see your point all I see is unjustified hate towards the gay community and then saying "oh I don't mind if he's gay, but lordy lord if those men in plaid shirts are gonna give him a good beat down, well golly Imma getz me my powpcorn and have a great show".

Never has a homosexual forced anything upon myself and my beliefs, tell me ( if you really have something to say), what have homosexuals try to force upon you worse than what your government has?
I'm waiting for your responses biggots!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I was raised in a straight family, with straight family friends and straight television (not much of it actually, it was the 90's)
Elementary school was private, with a catholic church attached to it that was the biggest bore of my life
but my family is not religious and never forced anything on me.
Somehow, I came out gay and I'm using the term "came out" because since the time that we gave cookies to peers and asked them to be our gf/bf, i just always went to the "wrong" sex

It is not a choice, and it doesn't matter if you show them gay/straight couples they will be what they are even if they CHOOSE to hide it.

Let kids be kids, don't force anything on them, and when they're old enough if they experiment (and most do) it is not a problem, if they are straight no matter how much gay interaction happens, it doesn't change.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

My blood line will live forever-
Well being gay doesn't mean no more reproduction. Well there is a way to do so, just taking sperm sample, putting it in vitro a consenting womans womb and voila! Bloodline goes on.

I myself am not gay but have met some really nice people who just happened to be gay.
Last post from me on here the hate vibe is too much.

Brainwashing is apparently really efficient. Sad.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Please point me to the part where I condone burning
gays at the stake? I forgot...you're not posting here
anymore!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think everyone has a right to there own opinion. I have had alot of friends over the years that were gay or black or mexican ect..... and what amazes me the most is how people would rather fight over someone deserving to get married are not, but wont stand up for their own rights that we seem to loose on a weekly bases. I'm not saying that people dont have a right to their own religous freedoms and so forth, but I care alot more about the goverment being able to pick Americans up with out proof of wrong doing,are giving away 32% of my pay check to people not even trying to work anymore. Are making the churches pay for prcedures that violate their own doctrine. (and no i dont even go to church) Stamping all over the Constitution that gives us the right to even have this debate. And for the record " I dont think school is where we need to indoctrinate children into there future sexual orientation,
. I just hope people wake up and realize we have alot more at stake right now than ending up with gay neighbors. Discrimination, class warfare,dems and republicans, Hyphenated Americans. These are all just tools to keep us divide and weak........... And yes that last one is a sore spot. . .

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
style choices.
choice.

Guess that makes me one too. I have the same mindset as you. Guess I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

Guess that's what makes life so wonderful... the right to choose and the right to feel the way you want.

Sadly.. Those same people overlook their own bigottry. There are always two feet and two shoes, but some people pretend they dont exist and like to walk barefooted, so to speak. Though, the shoes still fits, wether it's worn or not.

Salute to you for speaking up!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Who is forcing your grandkids to accept a gay lifestyle?

I hear all these rumors about how our schools are teaching kids to accept homosexuality. Yet I'm a schoolteacher and I've never seen or heard any of these lessons. After teaching in two different states for ten years, you'd think I'd run across this homosexual curriculum...but I haven't. To be honest, I'm starting to think its an urban legend

No one has the right to force their beliefs on you, I agree. But the reverse is also true. Don't force your beliefs on others.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

If someone is preaching to YOUR children, you have the right to say no... It's not allowed in schools. So where exactly is this happening???

If you're refering to other's kids.. You have no say, you have no right.

If they get in YOUR face, say something back.

Please explain, I see no refrence to what you're refering to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join