It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive military recruitment in uk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Have someone of uk notice all these adverts on tv, radio, and newspapers?
Is everywhere.

edit on 19-2-2012 by Dannijca because: fill

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Really?

Well im shocked at your post!

Will write a stern letter to my MP immediatly along with the Daily Mail

S n F OP

Truly truly shocked

edit on 19-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dannijca
Is everywhere.

Probably because all the current soldiers who joined for what they thought were the right reasons, have learned that it was all lies and bullcrap, and want no part of it.
Instead of protecting the Homeland, a noble cause, they were just Corp. henchmen.
Time to refill the ranks with idealistic youngsters, who believe in the Bogeyman.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dannijca
Is everywhere.

Because war is socially acceptable, then so is recruitment!

No surpise here!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Kinda surprising what with the all the lay offs in the armed forces and bases closing. Though I probably suspect they were just getting rid of non essential combat personal and will more than likely want to recruit the poorest, most un educated people they can. As now is the time seeing as how youth unemployment is at its highest on record.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
its probably the best time of the year to recruit when its freezing here in blighty to offer the chance of sunning yourself in cyprus or somewhere nice and hot

plus its getting harder to recruit the people they want so they have to advertise more to get the recruits as they can't rely on a bunch of bored 17 year olds wandering into a recruitment office when they can stay in bed till midday most days on some college course and probably earn a similar ammount of money

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It happens periodically. Its nothing new, sinister or out of the ordinary.

Simply the services making their play for thier share of this years school leavers.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I never would fight and kill people from other countries just because politicians and corporations and banks want it.
Yes i would defend my family, if need so in my country, but not kill people that made nothing.
Why dont the leaders just do an 1 on 1 fight, and instead send the population fight for them?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i read in the sun that uk military debt has nearly all been paid, now i guess they want to spend.
i have seen a couple of army jobs on the job centre computers so i actually have noticed an increase in recruiting.(i think it was royal navy)

nothing to be alarmed about, we need some more personel as falklands II is around the corner and i guess america will want us to join in with iran bashing before they go nuclear.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

There appears to be a downward trend in recruitment for the UK regular armed services. With all the redundancies, selling off surplus assets and properties I would say a noticeable decrease in the strength. Where have all the Army recruiting offices gone? The only slight increase is for the volunteer sectors.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

If you notice a lot of these military adverts are for reservists. But i have noticed an increase in the amount of adverts for the military.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dannijca

Dannija,
Thank you for your post, its crazy that it is getting bigger everywhere. The amount of new ads Ive heard in this past week over the radio especally is trying to get young kids my age to join the Guard, making it sound 'fun' to ride in hum-Vs and operate weapons...How Misleading! They have definatley doubled down on the recruitments here in the states!! Everyone get prepared & be your own soldier I say! For our people! Something is coming they are preparing for.
Thanks for keeping us updated!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ive watched adverts on TV and read then in news papers for the army all my life and thats nealry 30 years.

I dont think ive noticed a bigger increase, just them covering more platforms like, online.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ah well I would be paying particular attention to the fine print then, looks like they are wanting to higher infantry soldier as "reservists" pay them part time wages, give them part time training, but if there needed for deployment its off to war they go!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What makes me laugh with these adverts is the pitch.

Do you want to learn a trade ? be a Technician ? Do you want adventure ? Like to be part of the Team ?

Not a mention of...Do you think you can dodge bullets ? Can you spot an IED ? etc etc.

Do you want to have your noble cause (Defence of the Realm) subverted and become a low paid Merc for Corporate interests ??

You do !..(Laughs)..Then sign up now ! We need people like you...(Fools).

Cosmic..
edit on 19-2-2012 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

lol, that is exactly what i read on the job centre computer.
all the job requires is that you enlist in the army aand give up every freedom you thought you had.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Next thing you know, people will be asked to join up in order to receive their JSA plus some expenses.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The adverts that really sicken me are the ones that include xbox like controllers, to appeal to the really young kids, kids who are probably a bit too young to realise why we fight wars,. A attempt to make War look like a bit of fun.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hey OP....

Someone made a thread on here saying the same about the USA.... then another member said the same is going on in Australia....

As I dont really watch TV I was unable to confirm if its also the case in the UK, I am a member of various activist groups on Facebook and none have seen anything either... but then again most of them dont watch TV either.

However, in the past few days I am getting more and more adverts everywhere on the web to join the military... so yeah, this seems to be happening.

Oh... haha... was just on this site as I was writting this post and what do I see at the end of the page:

i1192.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There is possibility to connect this recruitments with other big wars?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join