It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Infiltrates Monsanto Shareholder Meeting (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

I´m back with an update on this thread.

kindly asked the mods to delete my last thread.

i´ve got some more information so the thread might be somewhat more interesting.

In an exciting act of grassroots resistance to Monsanto and their GMOs that are ravaging the planet, activist Adam Eidinger has infiltrated a Monsanto shareholder meeting and posted the video up on Youtube. Eidinger discusses the negative impact of GMO crops, Roundup, and other Monsanto creations on human health and the environment. As a result, a shocked Monsanto spokesman (identified as CEO Hugh Grant by Eidinger) does his best to brush off the concerns and assure the activist that the company — the same company that has been found to be running slave rings on their GMO crop fields — cares very much about the concerns of their shareholders.

One of the major concerns highlighted by activist Adam Eidinger, who identifies himself as an ‘occupy activist’, is the increased usage of pesticides on crops as a result of Monsanto’s failing Bt-infused GMO crops. Bt is a toxin incorporated into genetically modified crops in order to kill different insects, though recently it was exposed that Bt usage has subsequently spawned insect populations which are resistant to the biopesticide. At least 8 populations of insects have developed resistance, with 2 populations resistant to Bt sprays and at least 6 species resistant to Bt crops as a whole.

so if i comprehend this right.

they´ve got to spray more and more chemicals that are growing evermore toxic on our food to get rid of the bugs.

as i´ve pointed out in another thread.

it´s pretty hard to find studies that investigate GMO food effects on humans, let alone on animals.

In a follow-up video, Adam Eidinger asks just how much Monsanto spends to squelch GMO labeling campaigns. Of course you may remember that Monsanto had admitted to influencing the outcome of the Colorado labeling initiative which ended in failure. With a number of phony pro-GMO protests and farmers likely paid off by Monsanto, the company managed to alter the result. The actions bring into question why Monsanto would deny consumers the right to know if their foods contain genetically modified ingredients.

what do you think about this?

i believe it's our right to know what's in our food.

nature has perfected our foods over god knows how many years and it has done a fine job at that.

i prefer to not eat frankenfood thank you.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that sales would decrease substantially, as consumers are catching on to the dangers of GMO foods. Monsanto managed to rake in $11.8 billion in sales during the 2011 fiscal year that ended Aug 31, and they have no intention of slowing down their hazardous production — even if it means destroying your health along with the genetic integrity of the planet.

here are the awesome videos

Whether you like it or not, chances are Monsanto contaminated the food you ate today with chemicals and GMOs. Monsanto controls much of the world’s food supply at the expense of food democracy worldwide. This site is dedicated to empowering citizens of the world to take action against Monsanto on September 17th, 2012.

are you going to take part?
i know i will.

i find this a rightious cause and will be demanding more transparancy!

do you?

Occupy Monsanto

source

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
hi kn0wh0w.

has it come to this?

you're now talking to yourself?

because your threadis gettig ignored.

summary of the above:

SHAMELESS BUMP!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
See the odd thing is, I do not understand why anti-monopoly laws have not kicked in to stop Monsanto taking so much control?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
See the odd thing is, I do not understand why anti-monopoly laws have not kicked in to stop Monsanto taking so much control?

Because Monsanto is a more powerful then a few pesky anti-monopoly laws.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

See but thats it isnt it, the U.S blocks giant corporations all the time, it took Standard Oil apart quite freely. Yet Monsanto seems to have a free pass. So Monsanto have basicaly infiltrated the U.S goverment more succesfuly than any other corporation?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Monsanto also created Agent Orange if I'm not mistaken. Now they're in the crop cultivating biz.
edit on 19-2-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
reply to post by kn0wh0w

See but thats it isnt it, the U.S blocks giant corporations all the time, it took Standard Oil apart quite freely. Yet Monsanto seems to have a free pass. So Monsanto have basicaly infiltrated the U.S goverment more succesfuly than any other corporation?

i can answer this question with a quote from Monsanto themselves.

Agricultural biotechnology will find a supporter occupying the White House next year, regardless of which candidate win the election in November

quote taken fromt he Monsanto Inhouse Newsletter 2000.

scary huh?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
Monsanto also created Agent Orange if I'm not mistaken. Now they're in the crop cultivating biz.
edit on 19-2-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

you're quite correct.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
maybe a fancy picture will help.

last try.

ETA:

i'm not calling people a bum

just scroll to the right

edit on 19-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

top topics

join