It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain, France

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Germany is very cozy with Iran as I guess can be.The way I see it ,it will help them the most by still being the central hub to the rest of Europe.,It shouldn't take that long to line up suppliers on and off the record. This is a total no story as far as war mongering goes.Iran has nukes now with the backing of China , Russia and Turkey(U.N.) The U.N,is worthless in my opinion.If they truly were about helping the planet they wouldn't have let so many tragedies happen under their watch.all over the world.Being as anti-nuke as I am every country should be able to protect their sovereignty by any weapons see fit.It 's not just about the oil so that's the reason I included the U.N. and nukes.These are just a way to save face by saying if you won't let us sell to you then we decided we won't sell to you,the old you can't fire me because I quit.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I told a friend last December to start stockpiling fuel , he ridiculed me , he knows I view ATS so must assume I'm a nut , the practice is illegal in the UK , but his uncle lives on a big farm.....go figure , some people are like zombies , they don't want to even hear constuctive future information that will save them money

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I really think the 3d printing is what the future of industry will be.Bye Bye most huge businesses.These types of stories will be page 47 news and no one will notice.There will be almost no interest in oil very soon when you can just grind up a broken piece of crap thing from China and make them new again.Imagine all the tax money saved by to having to buy that crap again and again let alone the money saved by not packaging,shipping and the man hours that we all could spend with our families instead of bust our butts just to stay a float a little longer..Solar and wind should be the focus if we truly wanted energy independence.Times are a changing for the better and the future seem awesome to me when we don't completely bathe/surround ourselves in oil.Goodbye to fracking also! WOOT!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
www.globalaffairs.es...

Security Policy, announced the creation of a Task Force for the Southern Mediterranean [3]. Such a force has been designed to deal with the difficulties arising in North Africa, yet it also ties in nicely with Sarkozy’s project of a Mediterranean Union, launched back in 2008, and notably, the one leader who rejected this Union, was a certain Colonel Gaddafi [4].
France led the interests of the Mediterranean European states. France, Italy and Spain all had big oil investments in Gaddafi’s Libya, as did the UK [5]. Securing these investments were the prime concerns, reflecting the West’s lack-lustre action. Libya’s oil reserves are the largest in Africa, and the 9th largest in the world. Libya, on Europe’s doorstep, is one of the EU’s biggest suppliers - Italy, France and Germany all received half of their oil supplies from there, and Italy’s ENI, Spain’s REPSOL, and France’s TOTAL all had large contracts and investments to protect [6]. European states did not need an oil crisis as well as the Euro crisis.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What did they think would happen? I would do the same if I was Iran.

"Of f*** me huh?... Well f*** you right the f*** back."

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
From what have known is that these bastards will do it regardless of what the public thinks. Remember SOPA/PIPA,ACTA, we did not want it yet they did it anyway. We did not want NDAA, yet they did it anyway. Do you think these traitors to the USA will listen to anything we have to say..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain and France

The move was confirmed by the country’s Oil Ministry, with the spokesman saying that Iran will be “selling its oil to new customers”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

rt.com...

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 19/2/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

Israel just gained to more allies.

Good move.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205

Originally posted by Jooles
reply to post by GLaDOS

Great, and Spain is one of the countries that is going to feel the hit the most, as their main oil supplier is (was) Iran. Same case with Italy. This shows how little global politics care about their own allied citizens, and how little do we count on the big map of things. Makes me want to throw up.

It's okay though. Britain and the US will go to war and fight for your oil back. You guys can sit there as you do and watch the world go by

And er....Spain did'nt send troops to Iraq and Afghanistan...Spaniards did'nt die in combat???
When you buy a damn newspaper open it at more than the funny pages...how ignorant are some people.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Well, oil prices are going to rocket now.

This I don't understand. It's not like the oil won't be coming out of the ground. It will still be getting pumped, and it will still be entering the market, so why would this make prices go up? They usually cite potential shortages as the excuse for raising prices. It doesn't matter who it's being sold to - it will still be the same amount of it on the market.

This gives them another reason to attack Iran.

Ahem. it gives someone (Britain and France) an excuse[ to attack, but not a reason. If it's Iran's oil, they can sell it to any damned body they please, or pour it into ponds at home and burn it off. It's THEIR oil to do with as they will. Threats against the Straights of Hormuz are a FAR more serious matter to consider strikes over than who they sell their oil to.

Hell, why don't someone light a fire under Obama's ass and get him to pumping oil here and sell it to Britain and France to fill that gap there? Looks like a money-making opportunity to me. Why not just attack the US for holding out on our oil? Makes as much sense as attacking Iran for finding another buyer.

I don't understand though, If Europe doesn't buy Iranian oil, Russia, China and India gets cheaper oil. So basically, the west is helping the economies of the East...

I don't know about it giving cheaper oil to them. Why not make up the western shortfall by negotiating sales with some of the east's other suppliers and level things back out? I just can't quite grasp why you want to run the world like that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Originally posted by Petest205

Originally posted by Jooles
reply to post by GLaDOS

Great, and Spain is one of the countries that is going to feel the hit the most, as their main oil supplier is (was) Iran. Same case with Italy. This shows how little global politics care about their own allied citizens, and how little do we count on the big map of things. Makes me want to throw up.

It's okay though. Britain and the US will go to war and fight for your oil back. You guys can sit there as you do and watch the world go by

And er....Spain did'nt send troops to Iraq and Afghanistan...Spaniards did'nt die in combat???
When you buy a damn newspaper open it at more than the funny pages...how ignorant are some people.

Talking about ignorant, Spain did have troops in Iraq, atleast. Untill the americans killed a few spanish secret service agents by "accident" at a checkpoint! That was enough to give the US the finger and pull em all out and let the US handle their own sh*t.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

What does one think of when one thinks of a "New World Order" ?

Personally, I imagine a human slave society, where everyone is dirt poor and dependent on the totalitarian globalist government for survival.

The wealth and resources of the world is entirely in the hands of the few globalists and the 99% are seen as lower than animals. Anyone who is not already dead is a servant.

To achieve this hell on Earth, they have to bankrupt nations while at the same time offering a solution that sounds nice but will not work and in fact will only get people even more dependent on government.
What does every dictator dream of? Complete and total control of ALL resources.

Except this time it's being done on a world-wide scale. ALL the world's resources are being taken over from sovereign nations under the threat of brown-skinned terrorists that are used as patsies whenever the establishment needs them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join