It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain, France

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

DIING,DING,DING..... WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

You are absoultly right!!!
I live on the westcoast of the US (northwest to ne exact). In no way shape or form should my refined manufactured gasoline prices be tied to the threat of oil supply interuptions to the UK and France.
Our crude comes primarily from Alaska or the Gulf of Mexico and is refined on the westcoast.
There is no Iranian oil in our area. Maybe from a secondary source???
Really though if anywhere in the middle east breaks wind it is a call for the gasoline refiners to raise prices at the pump globally.

WE ARE SLAVES TO ENERGY!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loooping8
yes hopefully they cut the oel for all this agressiv europe nations,so that they get a lesson!

Lol. The only lesson anyone is going to learn is that Iran is not the only distributor of oil and there are other countries that are more than happy to take their place.

Nice spelling btw.
edit on 19-2-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well if it's true or not..here in Spain the petrols going up nearly every day.
The price of a litre of unleaded cost's1.43 euros.
This will really hit an already struggling Spain hard.
edit on 19-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Lol. The only lesson anyone is going to learn is that Iran is not the only distributor of oil and there are other countries that are more than happy to take their place.

Oil suppliers are a dying breed, the North sea is past peak, and many fields are as well.

It is not the time to start cutting ourselves off from large oil fields over silly things as how someone chooses to pray.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
It is not the time to start cutting ourselves off from large oil fields over silly things as how someone chooses to pray.

If you really think this whole global mess is about how someone chooses to pray you really have no business discussing oil supplies. No offense.
edit on 19-2-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That's fine. Iran can cut it's supplies anytime it wants. It's their oil.
They are only hurting themselves.

Side note .. I'm sure their 'new customers' are the Chinese and Russians (buying more).
Building up their supplies for World War III.

:shk: And the USA just sits back and withholds drilling and stops pipelines that could help us.
Just makes ya' want to

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's fine. Iran can cut it's supplies anytime it wants. It's their oil.
They are only hurting themselves.

Side note .. I'm sure their 'new customers' are the Chinese and Russians (buying more).

Kind of contradictory

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Lol all that guy says are contradictions. He's a literal talking points repeater. Ats' virtual fox news ticker. You get the idea.

Anyhow, Iran is being pushed further and further against the wall. The latest economic strike against them via belgium's swift is an act of war in all sense of the word. The globalist want their war and it seems like theyre going to get it as the propaganda bots are out on full force.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Wait, so the UK enforced a ban on Iranian Oil Imports.. Then Iran refuses to sell oil to the UK.. Am I missing something here? Is that not literally the same thing?

the difference is the u.k. says it bans iranian oil, but companies always find ways around it thru third parties, or purchasing thru companies that import from multiple sources.

but if iran refuses to sell oil to the u.k., they'll stop sale to anybody that does business in the u.k.

all this 'ban' is just that, talk. the oil industry is as shady as it gets.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

In theory we (Europe) are banned to buy oil from Iran after 1st July as EU has banned the import anyway. It's just made it happen 4 months earlier than planned.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Im guessing petrol will be up a few more pennys in the next few weeks.

Theres been calls for UK goverment to forget any Fuel tax hikes (i.e. 6p on a litre) yet I can see fuel suppliers saying "Yeah, we got such high demand, people are willing to pay more" ...Since we have no choice and all our decisions are made for us by some suits.

I was going to buy a car soon, but I guess the cost of running it will leave my pockets feeling empty whilst the oil pigs roll around in their dirty money.

By the market losing its choice we are forced to pay more for less.

eee.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

edit on 19-2-2012 by Petest205 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jooles
reply to post by GLaDOS

Great, and Spain is one of the countries that is going to feel the hit the most, as their main oil supplier is (was) Iran. Same case with Italy. This shows how little global politics care about their own allied citizens, and how little do we count on the big map of things. Makes me want to throw up.

It's okay though. Britain and the US will go to war and fight for your oil back. You guys can sit there as you do and watch the world go by

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
History of the Iranian business links with the West. Should be of interest for those who need to fill in the gaps.
You might be suprised how many leaders have been installed there by the West.

They've been building us up to this moment for years.

edit on 19/2/2012 by lostjohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I see alot of people throwing around a 3% figure of oil imported from Iran..
while I have no proof.. If thats what the UK government is saying im almost certain its a lie..
I think they'd import a lot more, they just dont admit it in public or in the books.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
US also is an oil producing country.

US is selling stolen oil from invaded countries....
edit on 19-2-2012 by John0Doe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
To the OP.

What's the big deal? Oil exports from Iran to Britain and France are very low. This is just Iran making things sound worse than they are and it seems like half the people on this Board are lapping it up, without appreciating that the effect will be slight.

The result is (er) nothing, except a PR event.

When sanctions kick in, Iran may be less happy, although I am sure PressTV will have something to say and this will be slavishly reported on ATS.

Regards

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What is stated in the media versus what is actually occurring are separate issues. Hypothetically, what will happen when any country's currency becomes worthless? How can that country purchase anything? If the oil producing cartels outprice their commodity, they will cut their own throats.

If the mythical 400 mpg engine exists, now would be a great time to bring out the beast. Then, again, the price of petrol will become ridiculously high, wouldn't it? A hydrogen based engine / motor would be nice. Time for Bob Lazar, huh?

All of these distractions are probably par for the course for the NWO. A natural disaster would be the proverbial wrench in the works for the global scheme.

Poptart, anyone?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jooles
Great, and Spain is one of the countries that is going to feel the hit the most, as their main oil supplier is (was) Iran. Same case with Italy. This shows how little global politics care about their own allied citizens, and how little do we count on the big map of things. Makes me want to throw up.

Then its about time to switch to hydrogen or electric cars

Then Nuke Iran back to the Stone Age so China doesn't get any

Problem solved

Sorta

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Europe: "Iran, we're going to have to let you go. We've decided it's not in our best interest to retain your services, you're fired".

Iran: "You can't fire me because I quit"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join