It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain, France

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Iran is denying this report:

Iran oil ministry denies state media reports on EU oil stop

(Reuters) - Iran's Oil Ministry denied state media reports on the Islamic state stopping its crude exports to six European countries on Wednesday.

"We deny this report ... If such a decision is made, it will be announced by Iran's Supreme National Security Council," a spokesman for the ministry told Reuters.

Iran's English language Press TV had earlier said Tehran has stopped exporting oil to France, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Netherlands and Spain.

edit on 19/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

That was 4 days ago..

That's the latest
www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Thanks! I'll edit my post on the previous page so not to confuse anyone.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Wait, so the UK enforced a ban on Iranian Oil Imports.. Then Iran refuses to sell oil to the UK.. Am I missing something here? Is that not literally the same thing? So basically another one of those do as I say not as I do kind of scenarios. I mean honestly the US and the UK need to stop thinking everyone else in the world isn't allowed to do what they do.
edit on 2/19/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

It is ridiculous.

A. we sanction european countries buying oil from you!

B.Ok sure we cut of supply and sell to someone who does want it

A. but but ,, no fair we still need your oil for a little while

B.Now you want charity and support from us ? You already denied us so put your money were your mouth is

These are people that are running our countries....like babies.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Can't believe all the foolish replies as I read through the thread..

Iran will stop oil supplies, so that means war is next?!?

All of this has been planned for, preparations and suppliers lined up to meet demands. The fact that Iran has waited so long to turn back the taps has probably been a bonus for those plans. This scaling back is just another Domino falling in place, nothing more.

If there is an uptick in prices , it will be from the Companies in the "free world" doing a little Spring Gouging.

Who are the bad guys again, sometimes the lines get blurred.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
From what I understand it's not as easy as getting oil from someone else as the refineries were built for the iranian type of oil.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
BBC reporting that Saudi will sell extra oil to UK and France to make up for what Iran does not sell.
Even so,I think the price will go up over the next few days as any ripples in the pond of oil always makes the price go up.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Greece is actually gona be the most effected by this.

They are already facing a lot of crap with all the riots due to high costs.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Iran's state media reported early Wednesday that the country was taking steps to cut off oil exports to six European countries. The reports said that Iran halted exports to France and the Netherlands, and has given an ultimatum to Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece to either sign long-term contracts with Iran or be cut off as well.

www.businessweek.com...

“Exporting crude to British and French companies has been stopped ... we will sell our oil to new customers,” spokesman Ali Reza Nikzad Rahbar said in a statement on the ministry’s official website.

“We have taken steps to deliver our oil to other countries in the place of British and French companies,” he said.

The decision was not expected to have a big impact. France last year bought only three percent of its oil − 58,000 barrels a day − from the Islamic republic, and Britain was believed to be no longer importing Iranian oil.

But it was seen as a warning shot to other EU nations that are bigger consumers of Iranian oil, including Italy, Spain and Greece.

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
From what I understand it's not as easy as getting oil from someone else as the refineries were built for the iranian type of oil.

Then they should have thought about that before they sanctioned wouldn't you say ?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
when will the west play the SWIFT card and deliver the knockout blow ?

my guess is if Iran doesn't play nice in nuclear talks

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by mayabong

Then they should have thought about that before they sanctioned wouldn't you say ?

russia will reap a windfall, their oil is very similar

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The most confusing things about this is Britain does not get any crude oil from Iran.

Our crude comes from the North Sea, Venezuela and West Africa.

We refine it into various distillates and sell it on to Europe.

Urals crude has been the highest it ever has been, this is probably why this is all nonesense, people will just be looking to inflate the price of crude oil.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
The most confusing things about this is Britain does not get any crude oil from Iran.

Our crude comes from the North Sea, Venezuela and West Africa.

We refine it into various distillates and sell it on to Europe.

Urals crude has been the highest it ever has been, this is probably why this is all nonesense, people will just be looking to inflate the price of crude oil.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

oh monday morning the prices wil jump for sure, and the speculators will claim a "threat to production" I also noticed Iran sent a destroyer into the Suez canal, the speculators might faint over that one. and then they will get up, and buy a new maybach and have a good laugh

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
Greece is actually gona be the most effected by this.

They are already facing a lot of crap with all the riots due to high costs.

Iran are not yet cutting supplies to Greece,Italy or Spain as I understand it-Although the sanctions beginning on July 1st will mean Greece and rest of EU is not allowed to buy any more Iranian oil from that date.

Its just Britain and France,due to the reason they have been most vocal in terms of sanctions/anti Iranian rhetoric over the last months.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

GlaDos,
Thanks for sharing this...I have been trying to keep up with all of these sanctions. With France & Brit being huge oil consumers, I know this is rieling them up. I am also sure, they offer something worth trade value they could sanction Iran off limits from, maybe? I honestly feel like all these leaders, representatives, high up military men, just need to drop their pants and see who's d!ck is bigger, because I feel like this is how theyre acting, constantly flexing muscle and showing teeth. Like many said before me, Sh!t IS hitting the fan!! I wish everything would be better but ofcourse by experience we all know we have to get through the rain to see the rainbow. This is more like get through the next War to ever see a New beginning. Here it goes!! Arm yourselves! & Walk some where! The convience of oil has made us all lazy, lets walk and make oil useless! (oh if only it was that easy, lol)
Thank you for your post & keeping us all updated!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've read this whole thread and I'm just freaking confused.

Ok, let me try to straighten this out in my head. The UK and France weren't buying oil from Iran due to sanctions so they say "Well, we aren't going to sell oil to you"...So what changed?

I'm just so confused.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Note that Iranian oil will still be sold to other EU countries. Iran has simply refused to sell any oil to the UK and France, who barely bought Iranian oil anyway. Iranian oil made up under 3% of France's total oil imports, the UK imported significantly less oil from Iran. This is just a way for the Iranian leadership to bang their drum loudly in front of a home audience whilst keeping economic damage to a barely noticeable minimum. Utterly laughable.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

yes hopefully they cut the oel for all this agressiv europe nations,so that they get a lesson!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProgressiveSlayer

I remember reading quite a few years back that the goal was to have gasoline prices above the five dollar mark by the end of 2012.

They have slowly been turning up the heat on us each summer. They make a huge spike. We grumble. They drop it a few cents. We think we got a deal. The price stays elevated by thirty to fifty cents until next summer and the game is played again.

I guess this will be the excuse they will use to make the big jump this summer. Everybody pull out your walking shoes and drag the bike from storage. I think we are going to need a little more than car pools to weather the changes that are coming.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain and France

The move was confirmed by the country’s Oil Ministry, with the spokesman saying that Iran will be “selling its oil to new customers”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

rt.com...

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 19/2/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

I SALUTE THIS MOVE! I wrote the Iranian government 4 weeks ago suggesting why such a move had not been done yet. The sanctions against Iran are illegal and based on false / corrupt intel from people with too deep pockets.
OUR OWN GOVERNMENTS ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS... Not Iran, they are only doing what could be expected. If you want this Iran deal to stop, YOU in your country need to stand up and say no to the decissions made by your so-called elected officials. You need to distant yourself from what they are trying to achieve once again:

murder innocent men, women and children. And for what reason? Money, that you as a citizen will NEVER benefit from.

You need to rise up and say no to the people who have by now proven they are incompetent at governing your intrests. The law and the right is on your side. Nothing you can say or do will ever be wrong, due to the ill and illegetimate deeds carried out by the officials.

Let's end this Iran thing peacefully by correcting the people that should be living only to serve us as a people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join