It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain, France

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain and France

The move was confirmed by the country’s Oil Ministry, with the spokesman saying that Iran will be “selling its oil to new customers”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

rt.com...

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 19/2/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Earlier this year, the European Union decided to enforce a ban on Iranian oil imports, as part of ongoing sanctions designed to force the Islamic Republic to give up its controversial nuclear program.

Well, oil prices are going to rocket now. This gives them another reason to attack Iran. I don't understand though, If Europe doesn't buy Iranian oil, Russia, China and India gets cheaper oil. So basically, the west is helping the economies of the East...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ohhh! Where's the fan? Coz the *&^% is looking to hit it

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Great, and Spain is one of the countries that is going to feel the hit the most, as their main oil supplier is (was) Iran. Same case with Italy. This shows how little global politics care about their own allied citizens, and how little do we count on the big map of things. Makes me want to throw up.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia has already offered to pick up Iran's share of the pot. This was already expected. Nothing to see here.

DUBAI - Top oil exporter Saudi Arabia and other Gulf OPEC states are ready to replace Iranian oil if further sanctions halt Iranian crude exports to Europe, industry sources said on Tuesday.
edit on 19-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

This has got to come close to breaking the back of a fragile European economy. They will scream for war, but will look to the US to wage it as economies around Europe erode at an even faster rate.

Problem is, if China is opposed to action, and they are the ones lending us money, where will we get the money to wage the war?

I am opposed to the US getting involved in another illegal, unjust war. If this doesn't spring the trap outright, though, look for a false flag like the Gulf of Tonkin or the USS Liberty or something so we can play victim, or maybe one on Israel so the mythical "Evangelical Christians" will cry for war to defend a Jewish nation that, according to the bible is supposed be Christian, just because of the name we gave it when we invented it. But I digress...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Oil traders will cause the price to jump regardless of the actual change in the oil supply because they see it as an excuse to turn in the screws a little tighter for a bigger profit. The symbolism will be enough to cripple the European economy even further, imho

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

It makes me sick that the West is helping the East like that especially as they think we are infedels to them but if thats the case why can I afford an eye phone mini and they cant afford a peice of cow # lol

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judas2012
reply to post by GLaDOS

It makes me sick that the West is helping the East like that especially as they think we are infedels to them but if thats the case why can I afford an eye phone mini and they cant afford a peice of cow # lol

what's an iPhone mini? I think the 'lol' is on you!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
darn those saudi's, I was hoping the US would get in on it

the US actually exported more than it imported in '11

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There you have it, people, look at the picture as a whole, the anti Iran affair fueled by the west and allies is in full gear, to have those with agendas behind the whole issue reap profits as usual.

We will be paying for all this oil shortage at the pump even when UK oil comes from mostly US, and US also is an oil producing country.

But lo and behold, we keep making sure that the Support to the feudal monarchy in Saudi Arabia keeps reaping their fair share.

Even if Iran gets bombed and invaded it will be just like Iraq, have anybody here in the US gotten anything for our tax payer waste and abuse on war back in their pockets yet?.

I thought so.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sanctions to ban the import of irans oil in europe were already signed what did they expect? For iran to just wait until the sanction take effect like a dunce ? I don't see a reason for war because of this action they already decided they do not want irans oil so iran finds a different buyer.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This could prove to be the final nail in the coffin for Iran. Its going to be an interesting few days now ahead whilst Britain, France and America decide on what course of action, if any, they will take. I can only assume that the next feasible option is military action of some sort unless the UN introduce further sanctions which don't make any difference whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

You know why sanctions makes no difference what so ever? because is not about sanctions is about invasion, decimation and more control of how oil supplies runs.

The profiteers of war and the oil mafia can not have too much oil running freely in the word by countries that can not comply with big interest, because it will be less profits in their corrupted dirty pockets.

That is what all this oil, Iran, Iraq and any other producing country that are have not fallen for the corruption have in common they can only be controlled with war, destruction and interruption of their oil supplies.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am going to search for other links to this this story,as if its proved to be for real,then I will be forced to go and fill up my car and jerry cans with fuel.
Because the price will rocket if its true,and I can hardly afford the current price.

Oh crap,Reuters are reporting the same:

uk.reuters.com...

Off I go to the petrol station-its panic buying time..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The EU oil embargo was phased so member states that were relatively dependent on Iranian crude – like Italy, Spain, and Greece – had enough time to find alternative sources.

What a strange statement...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Ohhh! Where's the fan? Coz the *&^% is looking to hit it

not too far

edit on 2/19/2012 by taws6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wait, so the UK enforced a ban on Iranian Oil Imports.. Then Iran refuses to sell oil to the UK.. Am I missing something here? Is that not literally the same thing? So basically another one of those do as I say not as I do kind of scenarios. I mean honestly the US and the UK need to stop thinking everyone else in the world isn't allowed to do what they do.
edit on 2/19/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This has been updated. Apparently Reuters is now reporting that this is factual: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran is denying this report:

Iran oil ministry denies state media reports on EU oil stop

(Reuters) - Iran's Oil Ministry denied state media reports on the Islamic state stopping its crude exports to six European countries on Wednesday.

"We deny this report ... If such a decision is made, it will be announced by Iran's Supreme National Security Council," a spokesman for the ministry told Reuters.

Iran's English language Press TV had earlier said Tehran has stopped exporting oil to France, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Netherlands and Spain.

Me thinks someone is monkeying with the markets....
edit on 19/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

The EU oil embargo was phased so member states that were relatively dependent on Iranian crude – like Italy, Spain, and Greece – had enough time to find alternative sources.

What a strange statement...

I can sense Mr. Putin coming to the rescue and rightfully Gazprom should

www.gazprom.com...

#gazprom

edit on 19-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join