It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'survives two months trapped in a snowed in car' Went into hibernation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm from around the way.. saw it on TV, he had food in the car, they found a lot of trash from eaten food, don't know if it's a hoax though.. did he get out of the car to buy stuff just to return?

Something's fishy..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The story is true..

BUT
1: he had sodapops and ciggs
2: he did it on purpose
3: there are "rumors" about other supplies (candybars etc)

But yes...Its true, all over the news here....

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Come on seriously?

You would be down to skin and bones after 60 days with no food. Then if that's even believable then why didn't he freeze to death? Even in an enclosed vehicle at -22 degrees you don't have a chance!
Well I am a bit suss of this story however a car covered in snow would actually be very insulated think iglo. Also he had a sleeping bag.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Come on seriously?

You would be down to skin and bones after 60 days with no food. Then if that's even believable then why didn't he freeze to death? Even in an enclosed vehicle at -22 degrees you don't have a chance!
Well I am a bit suss of this story however a car covered in snow would actually be very insulated think iglo. Also he had a sleeping bag.

Yes and he was also FULLY winterclothed
and in a sleepingbag..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wonder how his car smelled after he took a dump on the passenger seat??

edit on 19-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Come on seriously?

maybe the guy was a four hundred pound world of warcraft player on his way home to start another 78 hour marathon gameplay before he got stuck in the avalanche.

he could have had his usual supply of gaming nutrition, mainly 10 pounds of cheesie's and 14 bottles of coke.

which in any case would have lasted him 4 hours.

when they found him he could have just weighed 280 pounds and this prolonged hibernation probably saved his life.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Hellas

Was he trapped? If he never got out of the car how did he eat snow? I mean when doors get frozen shut, generally the windows are frozen up.

He could have broken a window? Obviously the doors wouldn't open if the car was buried.

I wonder why he didn't just dig himself out? Smash a window and start digging upwards. How deep was he buried?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My question would be how got he TRAPPED in the first place?? It's not like he drove and BAM, Avalanche!! He stopped and got snowed in. But that would take a long long time to happen. So he easily could have gotten out of the car.

Something is not right here, and I think it's like I said before, that he wanted to commit suicide because of his debts.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
I wonder how his car smelled after he took a dump on the passenger seat??

edit on 19-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

You beat me to it

Was the poop situation explained?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Good idea for a shtf scenario!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
there was a yogi who could go into suspended animation. they buried him under ground for 2 months, he shaved right when he went in. when he came out his facial hair hadn't grown. ill look for a link

heres a wiki link you can look from there en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-2-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe it depends on how fat you are?

At a half pound of fat a day, that'd go for awhile for most people.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm sticking with my reply from the Other Thread

Originally posted by Qumulys
I'm thinking it was a plot to get rid of his wife.

Smell his breath, bet it smells like lady.

Man cant survive on snow alone!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So you guys actually DO NOT read what others
post...

1: I live in sweden. I hear this on the news all day long
2: He dint GET CAUGHT, he drove there with intent.
3: He was fully aware of what he was doing...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This story has now been reported on the daily mail website with additional car interior photos. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

According to your link

Mr Skyllberg had driven off the main road on to forest tracks where his car became stuck fast.

How friggin fast was that? No matter how much snow is falling, you can't get trapped in your car in seconds. He would have at least a couple of hours to easily get out. Still don't buy this version

But now it emerges there was a court judgment against him in December because of debts totaling £150,000

I still go with attempted suicide.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I cant work out how he managed to breath. Surely all the oxygen would have been used up if the car was completely covered in snow. And as others have pointed out why didn't he try to open a window and dig himself out. I guess you would need to put the snow you dug into the car itself so maybe he didn't want to fill the car with snow.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by Hellas

I cant work out how he managed to breath. Surely all the oxygen would have been used up if the car was completely covered in snow. And as others have pointed out why didn't he try to open a window and dig himself out. I guess you would need to put the snow you dug into the car itself so maybe he didn't want to fill the car with snow.

I don't know if snow keeps oxygen out, but why on earth didn't he got out the minute his car got stuck?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
LOL
I give up...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Tip: when trapped inside a car, you can detach your headrests and use that to strike open the window. Be careful trying to kick or punch theres a good chance youll wind up needed a good amount of stitches.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join