It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists slam German anti-Israel mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Mayor Hilde Scheidt of Aachen, Germany is under fire from activist groups.

She stands accused of being anti-Semitic !!

02/18/2012 23:40 -- By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL JERUSALEM POST CORRESPONDENT

BERLIN – Pro-Israel German NGOs have ratcheted up their criticism of a Green Party mayor in Aachen who has waged a media campaign against Israel and prominent German Jews.

The German-Israeli Friendship Society (DIG) in Aachen blasted Mayor Hilde Scheidt last week, saying her political and media actions were designed to damage the reputations of DIG and German Jewish authors Henryk M. Broder and Ralph Giordano.

Pro-Israel activists slam Germany's Green Party mayor in Aachen who has waged a media campaign against Israel.

I think the woman has struck a few nerves

Wheeew !!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I read about that... this whole affair is so absurd it would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

What really happened is, Hilde Scheidt quit her membership with the DIG after they decided to award Henryk Broder with their honorary prize for his "commitment to tolerance".

Broder made the news last summer after the Oslo mass murderer Breivik had quoted extensively from Broder's anti-Islamic writings in his (Breivik's) "Manifesto".

As far as I know, the "media campaign against Israel" Scheidt allegedly waged was merely her explaining why she disagreed with the nomination of Broder for the honorary prize.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by xuenchen

As far as I know, the "media campaign against Israel" Scheidt allegedly waged was merely her explaining why she disagreed with the nomination of Broder for the honorary prize.

That is also my impression. Broder is the German equivalent of a bullying US Neocon. He publishes his vile articles on a website called "Die Achse des Guten" (the axis of good). Here is a link to his last article, which is called "what do have cannibals, child molestors and anti-Semites in common".
www.achgut.com...

In this article Broder attacks Mrs Scheidt. He does this with all VIPs who dare to criticize Israel's policies, or even worse Broder himself. According to Broder such criticism justifies the label "anti-Semite". Broder then proceeds to rummage through his bag of ad hominem tricks and produces some kind of my advesary=Nazi comparison.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Broder made the news last summer after the Oslo mass murderer Breivik had quoted extensively from Broder's anti-Islamic writings in his (Breivik's) "Manifesto".

You mean he quoted from a Zionist puppets book. Just as Breivik himself was a Zionist puppet.

Don't believe me? You'll see in the near future.

Geert Wilders is another Zionist puppet.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Here is one of those Broder my advesary=Nazi comparisons from the Jerusalem Post article.

Broder, widely considered the leading authority on contemporary anti-Semitism in the Federal Republic, wrote to The Jerusalem Post on Friday that Aachen is a “disgusting jerkwater town, half-green [a reference to the Green Party] and half-brown [a reference to Nazi storm troopers].”

www.jpost.com...

Here is a list, of the parties which have been elected to represent the Aachener city council.

CDU: 37,7% (conservative party of chancellor Merkel)
SPD 26,4% (social democrats by name and tradition, but not by politics)
Grüne 19% (green party)
FDP 7,5% (liberatarian party)
Die Linke: 4,1% (left party)
Die Piraten 1,7% (pirate party)
+ 2 independent members of the council

de.wikipedia.org...

None of these parties represents the far right. Nonetheless Broder characterizes Aachen as "half-brown". In my opinion Broders attacks says more about Broder, than about Aachen and it's mayor Mrs Scheidt. The mayor was right to be concerned about honouring Broder.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
From the OP's link

The German-Israeli Friendship Society (DIG) in Aachen blasted Mayor Hilde Scheidt last week, saying her political and media actions were designed to damage the reputations of DIG and German Jewish authors Henryk M. Broder and Ralph Giordano.

Who cares?? Honestly, there are way more serious problems to solve, than the problems of this group..

thx for sharing though
edit on 19-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join