It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Years from Now nothing will Ever cross the Atlantic Ocean

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

one sided?
half empty?
would that be the left half of the glass or the right half that's full?

if the powers that be have their way with the killer AI, drones, and robots, etc...
there may not be any humanoid life moving anywhere

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If anything the middle-east will be cut off from the rest of the world because either 1.) theyre all at war with us, or 2.) its all glass

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Of course your going to think the world is coming apart at the seems, spending time on ATS. This place is like a positive charge to negative news, putting it all together in a way that seems to make sense.

Fortunately, from experience, I know that 99.999999% of the time people are connecting dots that just aren't there.

Yes, there are bad people out there... but there are also good people. I would like to believe that the good outweighs the evil, and that Luke Skywalker will prevail.

Things aren't great, but they're not that bad either. Saying things like "our leaders are maniacs and the whole world is going to hell in a hand-basket" sort of forgets the reality of the situation. Just a new generations of disenfranchised Trotskyists and fascists-cum-neoconservatives fighting to erase the political philosophies of the 19th and 20th century.

Who, in their right mind, could possibly infer what the endgame might be? For all we know, neoconservativism is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Another 70 years of American hegemony might not be so bad, compared with the alternative. At least the current balance of power prevents the threat of another European bloodbath.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

100 years from now humans will be either be extinct from pollution or have learned to take responsiblity and clean up the mess they have created.

Your statements lack no foundation.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
In a hundred years i'll be dead so i could care less what happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
what news are you watching ?

the news in his head. people still crossed the ocean durung ww1 and 2. what a strange fellow.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
More likely life will be like an episode of The Colony where some kind of post apocalyptic scenario plays out shutting down all major services from utilities to hospitals to grocery stores. People will have to innovate ways to produce energy as well as forage for food. There will not be the technology or capacity to traverse the Ocean unless you build a giant boat yourself. You would also need to produce enough bio fuel for the trip unless you plan on sailing!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Economic crisis in the U.S.

Economic crisis in Europe.

Governments can not handle the pressure of population and riots.Poverty has reached the maximum rates in Europe and the U.S.Battle between the euro and dollar is ongoing and the tone is high on both sides.

Imagine that a war can break out at some point between Europe and the U.S.
Statue of Liberty can become symbol of war.

And war can lead to banning any traffic on Atlantic ocean, air, water, under water and no communication.

No diplomatic ties, no trade, nothing.

100 years from now.

That would be awesome. Imagine, not having to deal with annoying and pushy Euro Marxist's. If only the US was in a cold war with the UK&EU instead of with the USSR. No annoying Lennon, no annoying Euro-Centrist's.

What a wonderful world.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by roshjoberts

theyre all at war with us, or 2.) its all glass
Or a pact in that way.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

the news in his head. people still crossed the ocean durung ww1 and 2. what a strange fellow.
Strange very strange and inexplicable,sometimes is good to know a part of the truth before is happening sometimes not.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

That would be awesome. Imagine, not having to deal with annoying and pushy Euro Marxist's. If only the US was in a cold war with the UK&EU instead of with the USSR. No annoying Lennon, no annoying Euro-Centrist's. What a wonderful world.
The history is written in only one way,there will be out of sight out of mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Your statements lack no foundation.
I wish be so,it's in our power to avoid certain things.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

At least the current balance of power prevents the threat of another European bloodbath.
You are right,what would we do without the "current balance of power".

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

Who, in their right mind, could possibly infer what the endgame might be? For all we know, neoconservativism is the light at the end of the tunnel.
Today there is not any ideology, the world is guided by other principles.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

The same as before... old boss same as new boss
And which began to lose power.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yeh and I'll be crossing it in my Pepelatz , hell I may even use my gravitsapa and go elsewhere
somewhere else in the spiral

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Good ,as no one ever imagine the times we are living the same way some things will happen because we laugh of it.

diamondsmith

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by icepack

one sided?
half empty?
would that be the left half of the glass or the right half that's full?

if the powers that be have their way with the killer AI, drones, and robots, etc...
there may not be any humanoid life moving anywhere

that is not in human hands to decide, hopefully one day, but not at this point in time.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I keep checking into this thread because I almost feel like I should be "getting it"...

However, I feel like I am watching one of those surreal films and am waiting for the "penny drop"...the epiphany.

Can someone answer me this...

Are you all having a digital conversation with each other...? Or is there a bit of talking to yourselves on this one?

I feel like I am at a party where everyone's speaking a language I dont have a fantastic grasp of, but catch snippets.

Can someone do a precis of the thread?

Can someone just do me a quick "what's going on"..

Yours Sincerely...

Confused and confuddled.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
In a 100 years from now nothing will cross ANY oceans due to them being converted from beautiful bodies of blue water, into bodies of think brown liquid from constant OIL-SPILLS.

Dont believe it?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join