It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Why make all the dogs wear muzzles? You said yourself the problem is the owners, make the owners wear the muzzles.

I had a wonderful pitbull for 15 years. He didn't like other dogs, but he LOVED people. He did hurt a couple of other dogs during his life, but only because other, less responsible owners, let their stupid yip-yip dogs run loose, and they would run up to my dog that was on his leash minding his own business, and they would hop around and bark and snarl, and he would just stare at them as we walked on by, and then eventually they would get too close, or nip at his heels, or jump right in his face and he would take a giant chomp out of them. Those little bastards were breaking the law, running free, harassing us, yet people would get all scared and angry because my dog was a "pit bull." He didn't need a muzzle, he needed personal space just like I do. If those little bastards would have gotten close enough I would have punted them myself.

The pitbull is a status symbol for some, but for others they just recognize what an awesome dog it is. Smart, loyal, tough, great with kids, great for home protection. A pitbull will NEVER bite a kid out of fear of pain like a smaller dog will. Pitbulls rarely bite at all. Kids get bitten much more often by Dalmations, Chows, Pomeranians, and other smaller breeds. When pitbulls do bite, it is much more damaging and it makes bigger headlines, but what about all the kids going around with scars and fear of dogs because their family bought something that wasn't good with kids? Pitbulls are great with kids, Dalmations are terrible with kids, but many families will opt for the Dalmation out of political correctness or naivety, and when the dalmation scars up the kid, and the kid grows up with a dislike for dogs, it will never make the newspaper.

Muzzle the stupid dog owners of all breeds, don't muzzle the dog minding its own business and following the law.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Jay-morris

Why make all the dogs wear muzzles? You said yourself the problem is the owners, make the owners wear the muzzles.

I had a wonderful pitbull for 15 years. He didn't like other dogs, but he LOVED people. He did hurt a couple of other dogs during his life, but only because other, less responsible owners, let their stupid yip-yip dogs run loose, and they would run up to my dog that was on his leash minding his own business, and they would hop around and bark and snarl, and he would just stare at them as we walked on by, and then eventually they would get too close, or nip at his heels, or jump right in his face and he would take a giant chomp out of them. Those little bastards were breaking the law, running free, harassing us, yet people would get all scared and angry because my dog was a "pit bull." He didn't need a muzzle, he needed personal space just like I do. If those little bastards would have gotten close enough I would have punted them myself.

The pitbull is a status symbol for some, but for others they just recognize what an awesome dog it is. Smart, loyal, tough, great with kids, great for home protection. A pitbull will NEVER bite a kid out of fear of pain like a smaller dog will. Pitbulls rarely bite at all. Kids get bitten much more often by Dalmations, Chows, Pomeranians, and other smaller breeds. When pitbulls do bite, it is much more damaging and it makes bigger headlines, but what about all the kids going around with scars and fear of dogs because their family bought something that wasn't good with kids? Pitbulls are great with kids, Dalmations are terrible with kids, but many families will opt for the Dalmation out of political correctness or naivety, and when the dalmation scars up the kid, and the kid grows up with a dislike for dogs, it will never make the newspaper.

Muzzle the stupid dog owners of all breeds, don't muzzle the dog minding its own business and following the law.

Owners dont bite.

I was bought up with two pitballs. They were both lovely dogs. But the problem here, is more and more chavs and idiots are getting pitballs, not for the love of the dogs, but for the fact they they are fashion symbols. Like i said, in brighton, there is a huge problem with these dogs, and i have seen a few of the owners treat them like crap.

I am not one of these that believe that bitballs are bad dogs. Every dog has the potential to be a danger. The problem is, there is a growing number of these idiots getting these dogs to look cool, and if the government are not going to stop these people getting these dogs, then the next best thing is to get the dogs muzzled when outside.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yet another baby NOT mauled by a Pit. Just thought I'd share. Here is my 3 month old daughter with our two year old pit, gosh, looks so mean and dangerous.
Just more proof that it has nothing to do with the breed, what matters is the owner.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Yes, you are right, it is the owners. But whats happening with these walking stereotype owners? Nothing! I live in Brighton (uk) and there are hundreds of these idiots having these dogs as a fashion accesory, and it annoys the hell out of me. So, if these idiots are getting these dogs, so they can walk the streets looking cool or hard, and nothing being done about it, then we will always have these dogs attacking people. Its not the dogs fault, its the idiot owners!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here's a funny pit bull story:

Last year a good friend came over with his pit bull, Lilly. Lilly is a trained therapy dog. In case you don't know what a trained therapy dog is, check this link that will explain it. So Lilly runs through my living room until she arrives in the dining room, which is where food and water bowls are located for my three cats. Not a cat to be seen, Lilly beelined it for the food and began her banquet. Suddenly, I hear one of the most ungodly noises, and see one of my cats come barreling around the corner and she literally catapults herself at Lilly's face which is buried in the cats' dry food bowl. Perhaps this is the entymology of catapult. But I digress...

Lilly raises her head and freezes while the cat goes for a second, third and fourth paratrooper-esque landing onto her head and neck. As the cat makes the sounds necessary for summoning the minions of Hades, Lilly backs away from the bowl. The cat was soundless. I gasped, thinking this is it. Then, the ultimate answer to such a cantankerous host: Lilly sat. My cat continued her pcp-fueled launching, only to see Lilly lay down on her side. Dumbcat launches some more, and Lilly is on her back with her belly in the air. I grab the cat and take her to her "safe room" so she can think about how she treated our guest.

Just like idiot kids have idiot parents, so follow the idiot dogs. Dogs are territorial of their owners. A child might be viewed as an interloper.

Here's a link on a husky killing a baby.
A lab mix killed a baby here.
And a doberman.
A rottweiller...
And the deadliest of all, the teeny eeny pomeranian.
Blah, blah, blah...

OP, you'd have found these links had you opened your mind to the possibility that pit bull deaths have been sensationalized because people want to be entertained. Instead, like many people, you felt that the "facts" you "knew" about were being validated. It's called confirmation bias.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join