It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
Pitbulls are also the most popular breed and popular amongst thugs.

German Shepards are populare as well, but they rarely kill.

Your facts are worthless without context.

Your assumptions are weak minded.

In effect you might as well say "black people are mentally deranged violent killers". It's the same thing, isn't it.

I suppose so. Atleast in your warped little World.

Anyone can take any stats and make absurd claims if you're willing to ignore context.

Wrong again guy.

Your argument is seriously flawed.

Sounds to me like you're just trying to convince yourself. Good luck with that.
~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

All I can say is you represent the sheople nation perfectly so good screen name. It sucks that america is full of sheep unwilling to look at facts or ideas other than their own. How about someone with the proper training could be qualified to own a pit, someone who properly knows how to train a dog. I bet your amazed because you couldn't even come up with that. Fact is the pit bull isn't a specific breed, although you seem to imply that it is. How would you differentiate between breeds? DNA tests? How much $ you gunna put into this? The problem is with people like you, breeders, and the owners thats it. But I don't actually think I am going to sway your opinion, its pretty hard to get a real response from a sheep, I don't expect it. But whatever dude live in your own little world, I know for a fact we aren't going to just stop breeding dogs, and we're not going to go and kill them off. There is a solution, but people like you are too lazy to actually work one out. Instead you resort to the classic primitive instinct to just kill it off.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
Thats because no one wants to admit they were mauled by a teacup poodle. Trust me, those little bastards can be downright evil!

Yeah, I understand your point. I could kill a teacup poodle with my bare hands though which would prevent it from mauling an infant to death. Those little turds are mean as hell though. My Uncle's bit me a few times. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Now your being just flat out ignorant, quite amazing actually. The guy who makes is name as the Sheople nation, is one of the biggest sheep I've ever met, he doesn't even know it, he just denies denies denies. I wonder if anything you provide to society other than spreading ignorance, misinformation, and misleading statistics without admitting or analyzing how they could be misleading.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

You seem like a very mad person. I bet that gets you pretty far in your own sheoplized, yes man robot existence? This isn't about us, it's about the subject you foolish, angry, weak minded mortal you. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
Now your being just flat out ignorant, quite amazing actually. The guy who makes is name as the Sheople nation, is one of the biggest sheep I've ever met, he doesn't even know it, he just denies denies denies. I wonder if anything you provide to society other than spreading ignorance, misinformation, and misleading statistics without admitting or analyzing how they could be misleading.

Jeezus guy, you act like I just pissed in your cheerios. You're really upset about this huh? May I suggest a portable Nebulizer to help with your troubled breathing during these episodes? ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Why would I leave when there is someone posting that has no idea how statistics work, and therefore is spreading misinformation?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
oh noooo save me. seriously though, like many other people are saying here, its all about how you raise an animal. all animals have instincts and sure stuff happens, but you can't put all pits in the same category.

JailTales was right on when he pointed out "Pitbulls are also the most popular breed and popular amongst thugs. Your facts are worthless without context. In effect you might as well say "black people are mentally deranged violent killers". It's the same thing, isn't it. Anyone can take any stats and make absurd claims if you're willing to ignore context. "

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Why would I leave when there is someone posting that has no idea how statistics work, and therefore is spreading misinformation?

That would be, disinformation. Atleast going by your fruitless calculations.

Listen, I understand your point about allowing people who know how to train a dog to be owners, I really do. My close friend is a personal dog trainer, he just got back from back east where he was training. He's pretty good too. My Uncle, who I mentioned earlier, also is a very good dog trainer. He never had any training, he has just spent his life training his dogs to hunt ducks.

The guys lab will dive to the bottom of a 10 foot pool just to get his rubber bone. It's amazing, and other than his little poodle, none of his dogs have ever bit me. His little dog is just angry all the time. You know how those little dogs are, and yes they always get a pass.

Also, I realize that many Pit bull owners are thugs. I know because I hear about the attacks out here in Oakland that happen almost weekly. In this case, it is the owners fault. They don't properly train the dogs, nor do they properly contain them within their own properties.

Here is my problem with your suggestion, it's that people are stupid. It's like the reason why there is a law that one must wear a helmet or seatbelt. Plus, you have to take into account the fact that these would be trained individuals will also have family members, roomates and friends that at some point in time will be trusted with the care of the animal. Thus, Paths the way for disaster.

I hope you understand that I comprehend your point. Let's stick to the discussion instead of getting personal with one another. ~SheopleNation
edit on 20-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Plus, you have to take into account the fact that these would be trained individuals will also have family members, roomates and friends that at some point in time will be trusted with the care of the animal. Thus, Paths the way for disaster.

Not if it is properly trained, there would be no problem, unless during the training process or something like that. The point is, is there are a lot more pit bull TYPE dogs out there then any other, on top of that most of the owners owning them do so for image and protection. You eliminate that, and you eliminate the threat, I don't see how you could just stop breeding a dog, I mean how could you enforce that? You have to understand that when I see someone show statistics and deny that they're misleading I'm going to intervene, now if I've misunderstood that I apologize. The only realistic solution I see, would be to have some type of licensee process in which only licensed owners could own a pit bull type dog, due to their abilities. Any dog can be turned into a monster, so taking them out by breed would do nothing, and it would stop people from just re-breeding another type of dog to fill their place.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You have to understand that when I see someone show statistics and deny that they're misleading I'm going to intervene, now if I've misunderstood that I apologize. The only realistic solution I see, would be to have some type of licensee process in which only licensed owners could own a pit bull type dog, due to their abilities. Any dog can be turned into a monster, so taking them out by breed would do nothing, and it would stop people from just re-breeding another type of dog to fill their place.

I am willing to meet you half way on that idea. The only problem I see with it is like I mentioned before. When I have been around trained dogs, it seems that the minute that the trainer ceases to be present, the dog reacts like a teenager who's experiencing his first highschool friday night rager while the parents are gone.

With that being said. I am an advocate for reasonable people not having to suffer for the overall ignorant. Anyway, Glad we could discuss this subject and move forward to a more postive interaction. If you and I disagree in the future, that's ok as well my friend. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Good to know.

I would say that if the trained dog, acts differently after the trainer is gone, then it hasn't been trained enough to the qualifying standards I would set. I know of dogs, particularly pitts, who are the most level-headed obedient dogs I know. Granted they won't just listen to anyone, but clearly the dog needs to know boundaries, and should behave a certain way regardless of whether the owner or trainer is around or not.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

I agree my friend.

I guess there really is no way to promise anything, but I do think that could be a reasonable approach to solving the problem. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Your Pit is beautiful, by the way.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

What's being discussed is whether or not pitbulls are the most violent breed of dogs

I doubt thats the only thing discussed here, LOL but anyways, on THAT note indeed...

70% Fatal Dog attacks were by Pitbulls, only

30% all other breed types combined, constitutes the rest.

What part of that is not obvious??

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

What's being discussed is whether or not pitbulls are the most violent breed of dogs

I doubt thats the only thing discussed here, LOL but anyways, on THAT note indeed...

70% Fatal Dog attacks were by Pitbulls, only

30% all other breed types combined, constitutes the rest.

What part of that is not obvious??

I've already explained that these are misleading statistics due to the fact that 1. There are more pit bulls registered than any other dog, probably a lot more unregistered, 2. Most of the owners of pit bulls have the dog purely for image and protection 3. A lot of the times the dogs are misidentified as pit bulls because they already have a bad connotation due to the media. Its pretty obvious you don't have a clue about statistics and how they can be incredibly misleading.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yes its really easy to look at the starkness of the statistics (70%)

and realize the only challenge is to say they are totally wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
Yes its really easy to look at the starkness of the statistics (70%)

and realize the only challenge is to say they are totally wrong.

I never said they were wrong, obviously you know nothing about statistics, or what I'm trying to say.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Anything stout with a cinder block head is always going to be identified as a pit, especially by people who believe the media's sensationalism. I don't necessarily doubt the statistic though, they are far more prevalent than other breeds and most do not know how to defend themselves from a dog attack.

I know A LOT of people with pits, only one ever attacked someone. On the other hand, I personally have been attacked a few times, never by a pit.

I had a friend who had a Bully pit named Jinx. He left Jinx (and his other pit Shadow who was too old and docile to hurt anyone) home alone a few years ago while he was out running errands. Everyone in his neighborhood knew him and knew that he had a lot of valuable things as he owns a very successful local masonry business.

I'll never forget the frantic call I got from him asking for my family's help because Jinx had mauled someone and he had been taken (along with Shadow who was in no way involved) and was going to be put down. The local media only really covered the "ferocious, unrelenting attack" that left a man with most of his left calf torn off (which he later died as a result of).

When they did mention that the man was a crackhead that was breaking in through a window, it was as an afterthought at the bottom of the article, and I only saw one mention of that part on the news. All that they cared about was that they had another pit mauling for the evening headline.

Oh and Jinx was put down (for doing what any protective dog would do), but he got Shadow back after the police admitted that they found him closed in the kitchen, nowhere near the side room where everything happened. That was conveniently omitted from the original report which only said 2 pits were found in the home near the window.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

German Shepards are populare as well, but they rarely kill.

German Shepherds aren't used as fighting dogs either. They're properly trained as well. Plus, here are two examples of German Shepherds killing people from a quick and simple Google search.
Example 1
Example 2

FYI, in case you didn't know, an Alsatain is another term for German Shepherd.

Your assumptions are weak minded.

How is that person's assumptions weak minded, exactly? They called you out about something that's false, and that's all you have to say to retaliate? Little angry, are we?

I suppose so. Atleast in your warped little World.

Actually, no. It's according to you and your 'statistics'. Statistics mean nothing unless used in the proper context and fully understood on how they got those statistics in the first place. Not hard to understand, really.

Wrong again guy.

Again, no. They are right. Ignore the context of statistics, and you can warp them to fit any view you please, just as you did with yours.

Sounds to me like you're just trying to convince yourself. Good luck with that.
~SheopleNation

Not quite. Why don't you try this; instead of personally attacking the person, in a seriously pathetic way if I do say so myself, prove you're right and their wrong. That's how arguments work, after all.
edit on 21/2/2012 by Believer101 because: Link fail.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join