It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by aorAki
Maybe the numbers don't lie, but you'll have to furnish the data to back up your claim.

Why certainly......

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.

The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

www.dogsbite.org...

Wrap your brain around that statistic.

How many of those were pure breeds, how many were crosses, how many were misidentified?

Don't know, and don't care. They should be outlawed. They are mentally deranged violent killers. ~SheopleNation

edit on 19-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: Inserted link

Pitbulls are also the most popular breed and popular amongst thugs. Your facts are worthless without context.

In effect you might as well say "black people are mentally deranged violent killers". It's the same thing, isn't it. Anyone can take any stats and make absurd claims if you're willing to ignore context.

Your argument is seriously flawed.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Actually, that's not true. When I was young, I was attacked by a Golden at a park. It just ran up and bit me in the face. I have a Doberman right now that has never bit me or anyone else.
Having a "Bully breed" =/= having that dog "Randomly attack".

I've also been attacked on a few occasions by designer-dogs. Of course you can't do anything about that because the owners are usually rich bints and can destroy you in court.

There's no doubt in my mind that there's breeds out there with a bigger tendency to snap and attack, but fortunately they're usually lacking in any efficiency. Give them a punch on the snout and they change their mind

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

Agreed, some folks should not own dogs, some folks should not own cars, some folks should not own phones, some folks should not own guns, some folks should not be allowed to reproduce, some people should not........
But in the US we have a long history of attending the school of hard knocks.
I made my family's living off of this school, no Yale or Harvard for me, yet I was able to buy 6 kids futures with it and am retired now!
My pits are one of my freedoms, take that away and do not worry about the dogs, worry about the humans "going red".

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Yet another Baby attacked by Cat - Should they be Banned?

notice the (yet another) cat attacked the babies

while the (yet another) pitbull killed the babies...

big difference, eh?

A big difference, but irrelevant to the discussion. What's being discussed is whether or not pitbulls are the most violent breed of dogs, it's accepted by both sides already that pits have the biggest potential to harm people - that's never been questioned.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

One couple had a pet python that ate their 3 year old.
Get this...the snake was the child's babysitter.
Animals go by instinct and should never be left alone with
children of any age.

www.theonion.com...

I don't know if this is a true story,here is the link that you can watch yourself.
edit on 20-2-2012 by mamabeth because: added link

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Unless you have or have had a pit then you're just speculating, and generalizing. I agree that some people should not own dogs. My dog has been neutered since he was 7 months old. I have NEVER had to worry about him with children (or any human being for that matter). He's is very intelligent and is trained (with the help of my dad) extremely well. It seems like the people that are so against them are mal informed. Yes there are bad pitts, as there is a bad to everything. Get over it. If you don't like them, well no one is forcing you to sleep with one. Pitbulls arent for the owner that is going to be soft in training them. You have to assert yourself constantly from a very young age. To me the OP just posted something I would call a salient issue. There is no winner of this argument, just constant bickering. Much like religion or politics. It gets annoying. Enjoy poking the bee's nest. Im out though and will not be back to this Hellish thread

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Agreed, some folks should not own dogs

Strangely enough I though maybe I was one of those people not long ago. My puppy - a female who'd been cast off by it's mother before being weaned - she bit me!

I was FLABBERGASTED! I've had dogs all my life, rescued them from under dumpsters and off the street. I lost my heart to a puppy last year and it still breaks my heart she died (she had distemper when I found her on the road, long story, never mind)...

My point being? I never knew I had to remain ALPHA at all times no matter the breed of dog, age, etc!

Ok, wait. I knew - and know - I have to remain the ALPHA - sure, but I didn't understand my definition of Alpha and my puppy's was entirely different.

I thought my dog could be my best friend and that is absolutely true - but - that does NOT include letting the dog eat at the same time as I do, sleeping on the bed with her head next to mine, going through doors before me, etc.

Here's a GREAT link to a FABULOUS list of what to do and not do to remain ALPHA dog at all times.

One of the points STRESSED is to NEVER allow children to 'rough house' on the floor with dogs - never to leave young children alone with dogs, especially at their same level. The dog will always consider itself to be Alpha at that point and anything smaller is at risk. Am I saying all dogs will react in a negative way? Absolutely not! But - no risk should ever be taken - by anyone or with any dog - unlike the parents who sadly lost their infant because they left it alone with their family pet!

Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position

Dogs should Never be left unsupervised with children or Anyone who cannot maintain leadership over the dog.

There are 26 points in the article and as much as I would love to post it all here I can't due to ATS T&C.

If you're a dog owner PLEASE visit the link - I think you might be as surprised as I was over the mistakes we may be making with our dogs without even knowing it!

peace

edit on 20-2-2012 by silo13 because: bbc/bold fix

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

This is my friends dog, Sketchers. He's a Pit/Boxer/black lab mix.
Sketch is a sweetheart. Giant head, skinny body, giant feet. Smart, yet idiotic.
Never bites unless you're playing with him, and my father and I are the only one's he actually play bites.
When he does bite, it's very very light and you can barely feel it.
He's brilliant around kids, too. Extremely gentle around little ones, and will only ever just lick them to death.
No, he's not full Pit, but he's still amazing nonetheless.

Should he be taken away for no reason other than the fact he's part Pit? NO. Will he ever snap for no reason? No, he was actually trained very well, partially by myself.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not every bite is an aggressive one. If you think about it, the dogs mouth is the closest thing it has, to a hand. Not to say its good to bite, but it isn't always trying to bite you. As for nips, I can't stand people who freak out over a little nip. Friend was walking his lab, ended up nipping this lady who was walking real slow and approaching my friend in a weird way. She had a little tiny nip on her shin, I couldn't believe how much she was screaming, it was obviously fake because she wanted some type of compensation. Turns out she was illegally in the country, but my friend still had to pay for her medical visit, which was to apply a bandage, that ended up costing like $500. I can't understand people like this. I've been bitten by dogs and cats, all the like. I like to think I am an animal person, but still the animals don't understand, and they always remember abuse. I never condone killing the animal, unless it truly is a wild beast that is out of control. We ultimately are responsible, those who want to get rid of pitts, thats fine, but no double standards, that means no pets at all, is that really what you are for? If not, how do you classify a pit bull, I'm curious, DNA tests? They all cost man power and $$$$ but hey if thats what you want to fight for. I'd personally like some kind of license to own pets, too many people don't know what they're getting into when they get a pet, and most of the time it leads to a horrible life for the animal.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by elouina

One couple had a pet python that ate their 3 year old.
Get this...the snake was the child's babysitter.
Animals go by instinct and should never be left alone with
children of any age.

www.theonion.com...

I don't know if this is a true story,here is the link that you can watch yourself.
edit on 20-2-2012 by mamabeth because: added link

The Onion is a famous satirical news website. Not sure if you yourself knew that or not, I can't tell

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

There's always a first time for everyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Looks like a cool dog, like your avatar too. Personally if someone tried to come and take my dog, I'd fight them to the death. You'd have to kill me before I'd let you take him.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by Believer101

Looks like a cool dog, like your avatar too. Personally if someone tried to come and take my dog, I'd fight them to the death. You'd have to kill me before I'd let you take him.

Thanks. And Sketch is definitely an awesome dog. Every time I go visit, he tries to jump in my car when I'm leaving because he wants to come with me.
Same with me. No one will ever take my dogs away from me. Ever, unless they would like to be put in jail for manslaughter.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by JailTales

There's always a first time for everyone.

Indeed, but elouina could have been being sarcastic herself, hard to tell on the intranets.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by seedofchucky

I've even had Japanese Akitas and Rottweilers and German Shepherds come out and attack my Pitbull, when my Pitbull was the one on a leash, and minding its own business, and the other dog was the aggressive one.

Haha - I've had similar experiences, only I was walking 2 German Shepherds and all these little ankle biter dogs (miniature poodle, dachies, extra furry rat things etc) always get under or through the fence and try to attack (lots of yapping and squeaking) my dogs on a leash. Wonder how many brain cells they bred out of ankle biters for them to run up to wolfy type dogs and squeak - its basically fast food. After all, anything small and squeaky running in front of a GS is considered food. (BTW - none of my GS have eaten the cat yet).

Also, most people I know who own ankle-biters don't train them. I suppose because they don't really cause much damage if they bite ankles or ravage socks and the owners think it is "cute" when they yap and growl and jump all over visitors. I'll take a big dog over one of those any day.

In my opinion, I think you should ban certain people who are not parent material from being parents before you ban a dog breed.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Elentarri

Yes, let's also ban the ankle biters! They serve no purpose, they are impossible to train, and they antagonize other animals. I have a neighbor that puts a little squeeker out on a chain in the front yard all day and it drives me insane!

I have to admit, my pit did eat a cat..... and a duck. He got along fine with our cat, but any other cat that jumped the privacy fence into the backyard was a goner! And, one day, we were headed out the door for a walk, and a duck from the pond down the road had wandered up and gone to sleep on my front porch. I didn't see it, but the dog did, and when the duck went to run the dog snatched him real quick and the duck was no more. I never really liked the ducks anyway, they got poop all over my porch and walkway and feathers everywhere, and all the dogs in the neighborhood would bark at them, so it was annoying.

Yip-yip dogs just really baffle me. I can't understand why anyone would want one? I have a friend with a weiny dog, and I make fun of him all the time. He is a grown man, with a weiny dog? His house got broken into last summer, he lost some guns, a big screen and a laptop, but his weiny dog was in her bed waiting when he got home!
Worthless.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Poor duck! My cat got one a few years ago. Was sitting on the front porch in the morning, putting my work boots on and then looked along the path and there was Rodger with a headless duck. He was a cool cat.

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyYip-yip dogs just really baffle me. I can't understand why anyone would want one? I have a friend with a weiny dog, and I make fun of him all the time. He is a grown man, with a weiny dog? His house got broken into last summer, he lost some guns, a big screen and a laptop, but his weiny dog was in her bed waiting when he got home!
Worthless.

I can understand why old ladies would own one. They can be very companionable.
Our smallest (of 4) dog is a purebreed Cocker Spaniel, rescued from the breeder because he was the runt with a 'wrong' marking (a white 'bowtie') and she was going to just let him die. We raised him from day one. He doesn't yap unless he sees one of our cats and then gets excited because he wants to play with them. They sleep together too. The bigger dogs and he get along just fine.

A Pekingese however...

Heh.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Thats because no one wants to admit they were mauled by a teacup poodle. Trust me, those little bastards can be downright evil!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101Rarely? Are you kidding me? Do a simple Google search on Golden Retrievers and Poodles attacking. There are a lot.

Yeah, an attack. Far from a mauling death.

It just doesn't get reported as much because people like you believe those dogs are angels.

Tell me somemore about what you think that I think. Get over yourself, you know nothing about my opinion on those breeds because I never gave one. Nice assumption though. ~SheopleNation
edit on 20-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Exactly so its the people that have the problem not the dog.

Of course they are the problem, but I would put the breeders before them. I see it as breeders, people AND dog. Realistically though, The dog had no say in being bred. That doesn't make the dog any less dangerous.

You want to kill the dogs, because they're doing what their owners trained them???? How bout take out the owners and you solve the problem.

Nice assumption there guy, I never said they should be killed. They simply should not be bred to begin with.

YOU = EPIC FAIL.

Ok, because you said so.

Start making owners accountable for their dogs, you make them get qualified to own a dog like this, problem goes away. But good for you, if you think killing them all is a realistic idea , as well as a solution.

You're quite confused eh? What would "qualify them to own a dog"? LMAO!!! Give it a try bro. That would not prevent the dog from attacking someone.

Just goes to show how much of a sheep you are.

You really bumped your head with that statement.

I bet every time you look at a statistic you take it face value and are too lazy to actually analyze it and find what its trying to tell you.

Think what you like my friend, but I wouldn't wager on it. LOL! Now go take a cold shower and cool off bro. ~SheopleNation

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join