It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

He's almost 7.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

I totally agree that the parents were wrong. Now take a dog that has the potential to be aggressive. And add in a crying baby that can try the most saintly of nerves. A crying baby can drive parents to the fringe... Let alone with the hyperacute hearing of a dog. It can actually be painful for them. Then take away the dogs constant attention. And when the child becomes mobile, how about a few yanks on the tail or fur? (Yes children are exploring and reflexively grabbing things. ) Maybe even an accidental kick in the side while they sit waving their legs around? Or how about some waving arms with a hot dog attached? So much potential for a problem there. Why even risk it?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptographrix

I've seen female murderers in the news even though all the Nazis were men.

I didn't say that "all non-chopped Pit Bulls will be loving, wonderful domestic creatures that humans share life-goals with."

I said "chop the tail or ears of a Pit Bull off and they will get pissy with you more often."

Half of the time, people buy them like that, because "it looks nice" and the Pit Bull is a very resentful creature by that point - it's already a product of industry.

Sure, they still have the potential to be aggressive, but if you want a passive puppy, if you want to be passive yourself, why are you even on ATS?

Raise a pit bull that doesn't look "nice."

Don't trim the ears, don't chop the tail and don't accept a puppy from a line of breeders that do, and you'll get the most loyal dog you've ever known.

Inversely, buy any other type of dog with their tail and ears chopped, and I'm willing to bet that after a couple generations, they are going to be very angry dogs.

This has nothing to do, the fact that someone lack enough of feeling toward a 3 months old puppy to bring it get its tail and ears cut and then have him medicated and banding his ears straight real tight on top of his head for 6 weeks right away indicate the lack of responsibility of the owner... They are people that bought a dog for its look and doesn't take the time to train it properly...

Pitbulls are a working breed they were the swissknife dogs they were strong and have high interests in pleasing their masters... Thus this bad people abused of its willingness to please its masters and breed dog aggression into them however since humans had to step in the "pit" to break fights they put down ANY dog that shown human aggression so pitbulls wouldn't be aggressive toward people. They used them to fight since they were naturally breed for being very strong and ignorant of pain...

edit on 19-2-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

I live in Scotland where pitbulls are banned and although cross breeds do surface the law is rarely enforced.
Bull terriers are more the norm here. I see many of them around and I must say they are invariably attached to young punks. I wonder why that is...and what your choice of breed says about you. I don't like these dogs...or their owners...both should be avoided.

Lies.... Pits are welcomed in Scotland... Even Staffordshires.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Wow, so you're going to resort to claiming that /I'm/ the edge case?

Own a Pit, and don't be cruel to humans or animals. That's the way it works.

The people that generalize what they perceive to be a single breed of dog (Pits can be any combination of Terrier and boxer, or just a muscular Terrier, for that matter) are the edge cases and need to chill their propaganda because it's not based on reality - it's based on a very small slice of reality that they choose to pick up from some random news source that needs something to report.

And a news story about a Pit Bull killing some kid will always get more idiots than the "neighbor's Terrier killed my kid."

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No, they shouldn't be banned.

Pitt bulls are no different than German Shepherds.
German Shepherds kill a bunch of people every where.

Are we really surprised? Dogs are domesticated wolves, they still have the potential to kill. Dogs shouldn't be trusted around a tiny baby...too many instinctual things could trigger in their brain to attack.

Plus, a dog acts how it is RAISED.

I have 5 dogs, and they would only eat you if you were a home intruder.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by _R4t_

I totally agree that the parents were wrong. Now take a dog that has the potential to be aggressive. And add in a crying baby that can try the most saintly of nerves. A crying baby can drive parents to the fringe... Let alone with the hyperacute hearing of a dog. It can actually be painful for them. Then take away the dogs constant attention. And when the child becomes mobile, how about a few yanks on the tail or fur? (Yes children are exploring and reflexively grabbing things. ) Maybe even an accidental kick in the side while they sit waving their legs around? Or how about some waving arms with a hot dog attached? So much potential for a problem there. Why even risk it?

Allow me to correct you slightly on that one pitbull are NOT aggressive dog toward humans or kids people miss understand this fact pitbulls were bred to be dog aggressive in pits and completely the opposite toward humans so they could safely jump in and break the fights. What kind of idiot would of bred them to hate humans in first place right ?lol?

They have been used in europe for hunting for hundreds of years they have high "drive" just like hunting dogs they have strong urge to hunt small things that move fast... Small children going fast can trigger the dogs urge to hunt if its not exercised enough and given its daily dose of training to mentally keep them occupied they will be more prone to let themselves controlled by their impulses which can result in a child attack.

Then again its not the fault of the dog the dog just did what it was bred for hundreds of years to do, its the fault of the irresponsible dumbass that needed attention and dog a dog they couldn't handle to start with... Its the same thing as an idiot that buys a Ferrari and run it into a phone pole an hour later... The question shouldn't be "Does Ferrari should be illegal" but "Should this guy have a license at all???"

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
First of all the statistic is BS! Germans Shepards bite more people then any dog. Second Pit bulls are not nasty they are the best dogs I and many others have ever owned! Their so called reputation is media hype and BS! There natural instincts are to love people and most of them do, It is very difficult to get them to be aggressive toward humans. Old time dog men would put down a pitbull that showed any aggression toward people so those genes are very rare.

Now days though idiots get them to make themselves feel tough. Most of them are not American Pitbull Terriers they are Staffordhire Terriers or half breeds and they do not have the generations of breeding the APBT's have.

However if you really want to protect people then you should be advocating to ban cars because if not number 1 they are in the top 3 in killing humans....

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cryptographrix

I stopped reading when you said 'propaganda' . Seriously? Is that everyone's defense here on ATS? ITS PROPAGANDA!!! I don't believe what you do or my opinion is different,so it must be that!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
We need to start making tougher babies

I feel like by laughing at that, Dante's Inferno just acquired a whole new level of hell made specifically for it.

I think pit bulls can be great dogs, a close friend has one, the poor thing couldn't hurt a fly, it's too obese to even move let alone bite anyone.
Bad owners are to blame, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Wow, so you're going to resort to claiming that /I'm/ the edge case?

Own a Pit, and don't be cruel to humans or animals. That's the way it works.

The people that generalize what they perceive to be a single breed of dog (Pits can be any combination of Terrier and boxer, or just a muscular Terrier, for that matter) are the edge cases and need to chill their propaganda because it's not based on reality - it's based on a very small slice of reality that they choose to pick up from some random news source that needs something to report.

And a news story about a Pit Bull killing some kid will always get more idiots than the "neighbor's Terrier killed my kid."

You Sir are correct!

Also I'd like to add, most times the supposed "pitbull" in the news aren't even pitbull... Most people don't even know what pitbulls look like in fact... here's a TRUE pitbull...

upload.wikimedia.org...

The things you see walking they call "Bully Pitbulls" are a cross with a amstaff/pitbull and a bulldog... it make very low profile and extremely muscular dogs that can't even lick their own butts... Most of these dogs die because the physical different between the dogs makes their organs sometime insufficient and they fail then the dog die...

google it yourselves you'll find alot of pitbull fans that contacted medias to inquire how they knew it was a pitbull and in a ridiculously lots case it turned to be completely other dogs.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by SlapTheGinkels
You mess with my pit I hope she kills you.

2nd line.

Andddddddddddd this reply says what most pit bull owners think about their dog.Killing machine.

Uhhhh no. When I was in high school I had a pit, he was probably the sweetest dog I've ever met. I hate dogs with a passion having been attacked by my families golden retriever (Bet you don't have an issue with them) for no reason what so ever when I was three. It kind of stuck with me over the years, hell I can have a chihuahua bark at me and it sends shivers down my spine for no fault of my own.

Pit Bulls are not vicious dogs what so ever, they're extremely loyal though and will protect what is seen as a threat. But no more than any other dog, because guess what? They're animals. Animals do that. But don't even start to blame the breed as a violent thing, a poor home is what causes them to go vicious.

Just ask yourself what kind of home and owners would leave a 72-hour old baby alone long enough for it to be attacked? That should give you a good indication of how they probably treated that Pit.

I do have a problem with golden retrievers.They drool too much.Not my kind of dog.And yes,pit bulls are vicious dogs.Thats what they are.And i'd never have one of them around my child.Let alone in my house.They're just nasty dogs.And get off the poor home thing.It's the breed.Not the owner.SOME DOGS ARE JUST NASTY BY NATURE.Sheesh.some of you people don't get it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

And does an animal with a peanut brain recognize a baby as a human? Or even as a superior?

link   
I have met quite a few pit bulls. None of them were aggressive at all. They were the types of dogs you could wrestle with without worry that it would go too far, and you could trust them around kids without giving it a second thought. On the other hand I've met a rottweiler that wasn't to be messed with at all. I also had a friend in high school who had a generic black and white dog that he had to lock up when ever there was company over, because it would attack anyone with clear intention to kill for no reason. It didn't have the physical ability of a pit bull, of course, but it could easily maul a baby or small child. So no, I don't think pit bulls are more aggressive then any other breed. It's just that they do have great physical ability. As such, pit bulls owners must be dominant in nature. This will stop the dog from thinking its only up to it to protect the territory and make it look to its master for cues before acting. Also, dogs are aggressive when they are nervous. Thus, if you own a pit bull you have to socialize it properly and often.

I think owning any animal that clearly has the power to kill should be regulated strictly, but I've seen how loyal, trustworthy, and GENTLE a well trained pit bull can be. So no, they shouldn't be banned all together. Did you know that pit bulls were once called "the nanny dog", because people got them to watch over their kids.

link   

Edward Bernays, hun, not Alex Jones. Read the book.

And yes, what makes it propaganda is that you're trying to trap people with emotional pleas - namely, "What if a pit bull mauled your baby?"

That one is sooo overused by this point.

My daughter comes into contact with at least 2 pit bulls a week at the park, and has been almost every day for two years at this point - and none of them have even played violently with her, let alone bit her.

I'm living the reality. No "what ifs."

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It's NOT the owner, it's how the Pit is raised.

Chop their tails and ears and they'll get pissed at you over time - do that to a human and see what happens, though - I can't imagine either would be a good idea.

Otherwise, you can raise them alongside your kids. They are VERY loyal dogs.

Not completely true. I bred pit bulls a couple years ago. I don't know about the chopping tails, but cutting the ears as a pup is ineffective. I've never cut the ears but I did find one with ears cut she was tame. And could be trained and is still trained. We still have her today. Hasn't hurt a soul.

Pit bulls are VERY loyal dogs, which is why the owners are responsible for the attacks, they will do ANYTHING for their master. I know a guy who trained his pit to take bullets for him he used a airsoft as training, not sure if he can take a real bullet hence the speed but the fact that his train of thought is like that lets you know they can be very loyal. I'm telling you guys these dog are TRAINED to fight and be aggressive. I believe any dog can be trained the same way a Pitbull can, why? Because fundamentally, pups are the same and can be trained the same as they grow.

link   
reply to post by ignant

well lets do the math here 31 killed by dogs, now of those 22 killed by Pit Bulls how many of them were owned by ethnic peoples where it is prestigious to have a fighter dog.Oh lets not pretend about not seeing the pink elephant in the living room.

say 22 ok then its 22 then kill the breed. you just killed millions of dogs on behalf of 22 offenders. The Best United States District Attorney would like those same standards but we are talking dogs here not people
OK so we wack in the most inhumane way in front of Nationwide TV Millions of Pits including my Lou Lou who is blue and very submissive and will lick my niece to tears, because 22 trained to kill 135lb monster killer dogs killed 22 people. I bet New Orleans or Chicago wishes their entire annual murder rate was 22 people.

Ok so we butcher millions of Pit Bulls including Lou Lou and we still have 9 offenders left. what ever do we do now?
One is a XXXXXX one is a XXXXX one is a XXXX and so on, until 9 other breeds in the United States are DEAD, if you cant keep up we just killed millions more dogs.

Back to the Ethnic peoples that have the prestigious fighter trained animals. Now you have to Identify chickens, Those things are ruthless and I know I can drum up some Killer sympathy to get rid of some demon possessed Roosters.....

TOO Much Information for you? Yeah, Lou Lou is sleeping,she sleeps most of the day and night. She is always under my thumb because I am a responsible animal owner.

how about we let the animal owners be responsible.....the pink elephant, no? its easier to kill off many breeds of animals than it is to hold pet owners responsible....

Ok, what a wicked world

edit on 19-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

link   
They are just dogs. If you treat them badly, theyll be out of control.
If you treat them right they'll be fine.
It's about sh1tty people, not bad breeds. I suppose its easier to blame dogs than ourselves.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's a sad world indeed when a dog that under normal conditions is usually known for its child safety properties (pitbulls are one of the safest dogs to have around children, when raised right) and record is relegated to that of a third class citizen due to owners that don't deserve them in the first place. Speaking generally of course. An animal is what you put in it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join