It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Not all pits are bred to fight either. And the ones that are, are bred to fight other dogs. So that argument doesn't hold either. The point it, is that banning them outright is not a solution, its just ignoring the problem that people who shouldn't be owning them are. My argument still holds, you are basing your entire view of the dog off of one experience, and maybe a couple others you read online. You have every right to be ignorant, but when you start spreading that ignorance around, you can bet there will be people to challenge you.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Originally posted by andersensrm

reply to post by nixie_nox

Okay..... So should they be banned or not?

Short answer:
No, they should be eliminated.

73's,
Tom

Yea I knew someone that was killed by a horse. All horses should be eliminated. I also know some one who was killed by another human. So all humans should be eliminated. I know, we can solve all the problems instantly. Lets just kill everything, just drill a hole to the center of the earth, and drop all our nukes down there and detonate. Man I love when people come up with such great solutions.

Horse are not now bred to kill.
I know someone that was also killed by a horse.
The horse was not at fault. The rider was.
End of that straw man argument!
T

You just made our point.
Not the dogs fault, the owners fault. Not the dogs fault, puppy mills and breeders fault. Not seeing any fault in dogs, just the ignorant humans, as usual.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Guns are made specifically to kill. Some people abuse them. Should we outlaw guns? You'd better answer yes, if your for the outright banning of pitbulls.

link   
reply to post by aorAki

You are one of the VERY few that treat their dogs with respect and love.
Pit bulls by definition and breeding are trained to kill and are very territorial.

The proof is in the "pudding" and the numerous experiences of those hurt, maimed and killed by this breed.
Glad you puppy is so nice.

73's,
Tom

link   
It's rather humerous to me, that with over 4 million registered pit bulls (of course, just as many are probably unregistered), with 30-some deaths, you want to ban them? And you don't think GUNS should be banned? Or pills? Or heck, fast food? There are many other things that cause a much greater # of deaths. Blame the idiotic parents for allowing their obviously untrained dog access to a just brought home baby.

The problem with pit bulls isn't pit bulls. It's the type of person who often buys a pit bull. Go back beyond how a dog is treated and trained, and think of the reputation of pit bulls, and the sort of people that go for that sort of dog. THEN they treat and train them to be nasty, and people wonder why there are more pit bull attacks.

I had a wonderful wolf/malamute. She was a sweeatheart and wouldn't hurt a fly. She had been around a ton of children, and other pets. She never had an issue. Because it's how they are raised. 'tis very true, that's not just a line.

Pit bulls are "nasty and mean" because that is the REASON many people buy them. And they treat them the same. And sure, that's how they turn out. I've known many pit bulls who were awesome, sweet dogs.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I can tell you why many "fully grown men" cannot defend against a dog attack.
FEAR!
True story here and it does involve a pit, I have posted on this incident in the past on ATS.
I was going to my truck one morning out in front of my shop and the local junk yard dog was loose.
Often I would say hi to this dog as he was always chained and I knew how sad he was.
He was fed and did not look abused so I shut up about it.
Anyway the dog starts at me growling and barking, trying to get me to run, he steps up and nipped my upper thigh.
I was truly shocked that "I" could get bit as I am definately "doggie people".
I gave out a loud HEY and basically jumped the dog and got him in a rear naked choke of sorts and held him on his back and talked to him.
Eventually with enough domination and calm talking the dog gave in and stopped fighting.
Many people are scared and believe what they hear and would never consider "fighting" an animal.
That day I recieved a couple of teeth scrapes but lost not a drop of blood!
Win win in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
I live in brighton England, and we have a problem with
idiots and their bit balls. I am more concerned now
because i have a five month old daughter.

I made a thread a year back about this. About a year ago,
i came out my flat enterence, and this old woman was
crying. She had a few people around her. When i looked
down, there was this small dog lying there with the throat
ripped out. Was not a nice site

She said she was just about to go into the flats when this
drunken man with his pitball, asked if she could let him in.
Suddenly the dog got loose and grabbed her poor little dog
and killed it. He said "sorry live" and just walked off!

The sad fact is its more of a fashion thing for alot of these
bitball owners. They walk around like they are hard men with
these dogs.They are living, breathing stereotypes.

I see them here in brighton without a lead or muzzle. Heck,
even some of the homless people have them here in brighton.

Again, humans fault, not the dogs. When are you guys going to see this? Oh yeah, you all know everything there is to know about dogs.
DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Guns are made specifically to kill. Some people abuse them. Should we outlaw guns? You'd better answer yes, if your for the outright banning of pitbulls.

That andersensrm,
Is called an argument from ignorance!

The Pit bull is, and was specifically bred to fight and kill.

It has nothing what to do with guns OR people.

Bad analogy.
T

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by stanats

Actually my reasoning for having this breed of dog is manyfold actually.
I have had nothing but good pits, they are beautiful pack loving "animals".
If needed they are more than adequate to protect us from 4 legged critters of any size.
(no animal without a disease would ever consider going against a pack of dogs, not even big cats or bears).
Now the fact that they intimidate the ignorant humans who know them as "killers" is just icing on the cake.
I do not have to think too far back when pits were used as police dogs.
But now yes many departments use sheps exclusively.
Very few rots or dobies.

I understand what you are saying. I actually like staffs because
when i was young, my best mates parents gad two, and they were
great dogs. Its the idiots who have these dogs that are the problem.
Its just a fashion thing for them, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As a child I was attacked by a rottweiler as I was walking to school. It was a terrifying experience. I honestly do not understand how a parent can be so ignorant as to keep animals that are going to be dangerous to their children, but some do and this is what happens. No, I don't think it's good judgement to keep pits, dobermans, rotts, and any other animal who can turn easily attack your children. I know that any animal as the propensity to attack, regardless of breed, but you're not risking it as much if you have a golden retriever, versus a pit bull.

link   

That andersensrm,

Bad analogy.
T

Many dogs are bred to fight. Often in the capacity of protection. Police dogs (usually shepherds) are trained to kick the living crap out of anyone they are told to attack. But... they are well trained. How many police dog killing baby stories have you read? Dogs can be trained. ALL dogs are territorial to some degree, and many a lot more than the pit bull. They were used by Romans during war, they have been used for dog fighting and baiting, but they have also been great dogs, and if well treated and trained, are excellent companions you could indeed, trust with your children.

link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Originally posted by Jay-morris
I live in brighton England, and we have a problem with
idiots and their bit balls. I am more concerned now
because i have a five month old daughter.

I made a thread a year back about this. About a year ago,
i came out my flat enterence, and this old woman was
crying. She had a few people around her. When i looked
down, there was this small dog lying there with the throat
ripped out. Was not a nice site

She said she was just about to go into the flats when this
drunken man with his pitball, asked if she could let him in.
Suddenly the dog got loose and grabbed her poor little dog
and killed it. He said "sorry live" and just walked off!

The sad fact is its more of a fashion thing for alot of these
bitball owners. They walk around like they are hard men with
these dogs.They are living, breathing stereotypes.

I see them here in brighton without a lead or muzzle. Heck,
even some of the homless people have them here in brighton.

Again, humans fault, not the dogs. When are you guys going to see this? Oh yeah, you all know everything there is to know about dogs.
DENY IGNORANCE

Why dont you read again what i said! I said its the owners
who use their dog as a fashion statement!

Sigh!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That andersensrm,

Bad analogy.
T

Its called a comparison. Do you know what that means, should I look it up for you. I made the comparison, and know your trying to diminish it because you are probably for guns, and you can see how you have become a hypocrite. So in an effort to make it not so, you tried to shut my argument down. If the pit bull has nothing to do with people, then we should have no problem here right? Why are we killing animals that have nothing to do with us?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That andersensrm,

Bad analogy.
T

You really need to stop spreading complete lies. NOT ALL PITS ARE BRED TO FIGHT. Ever heard of dogs just getting pregnant because the dumb owners don't fix them. How can you say that a random litter of pit puppies was bred for fighting if they were never taught to fight other dogs? Every single one of that low life Michael Vick's fighting dogs were certified as adoptable except for one. They have yet to kill anyone. Explain that.
You really need to educate yourself more before commenting again. You just look ignorant.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Okay..... So should they be banned or not?

Short answer:
No, they should be eliminated.

73's,
Tom

Then what........
Back to German shepards, rotweillers, labs, mastiffs, great pyrenees, retrievers, dobermans, and chows.
Nonsense.

Those breeds are defensive dogs, I have bred Golden retrievers.
The most intelligent and best mannered by the way, IMHO.

Pit bulls are bred to kill, hence PIT fighting. Guess you have never been to Louisiana and saw a dog fight?
Ask Michael Vick. He knows all about animal cruelty and Pit bulls.

73's,
Tom

]
edit on 19-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Wow! um I disagree. I raised a pit bull along side two baby girls. She was really sweet. Yes they are capable of inflicting great harm. They are incredibly powerful animals. My dog was wonderful. But I never let her out of my sight. I never left her alone in the room with my kids. People kill a lot more people than pit bulls do. Should we eradicate people because they are so dangerous? I loved my pup. Theres your bull sh!t for ya.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was afraid of that. Probably used the wrong link.

And of course, when trying to upload it into ATS, it says there's an error. Urgh, this thing doesn't like me.

Awe, he looks so sad.

I have tons of stories about my kids (3 dogs; they're my children) and how they've changed my life. My Doberman has even saved my life before.
I was walking him one day, and wasn't paying attention when we crossed the street. Some jack-hole driver wasn't paying attention either, and if it wasn't for Demon (my dobie) pulling me out of the street, I would have been hit and probably killed.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here is my opinion. I have one friend with two pits and another friend with three pits and a bull mastiff. The first friends two pits are a little wild and not very well trained he got them from other people who neglected them. Because of that, they are a little scary to be around since they don't have any controll. The second friends dogs, ALL of them are extremeley well behaved and trained very well by their owners since they were babies and they all know how to act around humans. But I think most people know the dangers of different dogs, and the strength of the jaw power of pit bulls, and at the end of the day, ANY dog can make a mistake, its just worse when it happens to be a pitt.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Originally posted by ignant

31 people were killed in dog attacks in the USA in 2011.

22 of them were exclusively by pit bulls, the other nine were among other various breeds.

Should pitbulls be allowed as pets whether with or without "permits"?

What if someone's pit bull gets away while your walking your baby one day in his/her carriage, and it mauls your baby to death maybe in as little as one lethal bite to neck before you can do anything, how will you feel and how will justice be served?

OFF COURSE THESE MONSTERS SHOULD BE BANNED.

Only people with pathetic little egos and low self esteem keep these nasty monsters to impress other people.

I am never impressed by such people.I think what a loser and he must have a small d..k. when i pass them by.

I also keep a metal or strong pen in my hand to stab the monster dog in the nose/eye in case they attack me.

The people who keep them have a very small penis and keep a big nasty vicious dog to compensate.

You're right, I do have a small penis. In fact, I have no penis. I am a female.

I could give two shi*s what people think about my dog. But the minute you try to make the argument in favor of taking away members of my family, yeah, I get angry.

My father used to be like you. He hated pit bulls. Then I got a pit bull. He was furious with me. Then I got another. He was even more furious. THEN he met my dogs. He had no choice but to admit he was wrong about the breed.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You said,

What makes pit bulls particularly dangerous is that when they decide to attack, they go very aggressively, AND THEY DO NOT SHOW WARNING.

In my younger days I was a wrestler, even tried pro for a bit.
One thing I do know about this, people are easy as very few of us ever go full on, even before we are killed in a real fight.
ANIMALS of any breed or sort generally exhibit 2 speeds, stop and go.
The well loved ones can adjust.
My sharpei/pit for instance, with me he will grab a limb firmly but not crush when we are play fighting.
However when my wife attempts to play fight with him he will get the grab and immediately let go.
He knows who the matriarch is, and mama is not to be hurt by anyone, not even by me.
And although he is not a sheepdog when he feels one of the other dogs are getting too aggressive or mama and I are arguing he will get in between the two in question.
Must be a sheepdog in the woodpile.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join