It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

You don't know much about Pit Bulls, do you?

I know a dog bread for killing purposes should not be a pet. That includes any other breeds that even resemble a pit bull.

Train the dog to be a sweetheart, and that's what it will be.

clearly you have no clue what animal instincts are and no matter how much you train them . Instincts always override it , when they see red. I don't care if you pamper it all your life.

Dobermans were considered "dangerous" breeds, yet mine in the photo above has never done anything vicious in his entire life. Even when play fighting with him, he only puts his mouth around you, never bites.

thats always the excuse "never done anything vicious" its what i hear from the witness and dog owners all the time.

I'm sorry i don't wanna wait untill something bad happens to realize i was wrong . like some of you dillusional owners.

pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org...

People seriously need to watch their animals, because letting them get out and attack others isn’t acceptable.

Today, while walking her three dogs in the area of Cape Cod Road, a woman was attacked by two dobermans.

Here’s what happened….

Two red dobermans with no collars charged me from behind and attcked my small male doxie. He was picked up and thrown like a toy.

Luckily a neighbor came out and heard my screaming, if he hadn’t I dont know what would have happened.

I called animal control but they were not open so I then called the Sheriff, someone came to my house and said that these dogs had attacked someone else off Treat.

claycord.com...

Just keep your dogs locked up , in the privacy of your home . Don't let them out in public and everyone is happy ?

Sure love your pets , treat them like family and all that jazz. No problem.

But why ?!??! do people bring them to public places?

If you keep it at home , all the time then i have no problem with it . Just keep it locked up or else it will catch a bullet. Sorry to be so harsh , but thats the reality of it . If they go buck wild i have no problem putting them down.

But all of it could've been avoided if you just had kept the killing machines locked up .

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

This is pretty much akin to calling every Muslim a terrorist. Your blind hatred is fascinating to me.

Did you have a bad experience with Pit Bulls when you were a child? Is that why you're so afraid of them? I'm not trying to be rude or attack you, I'm just trying to understand why you have such a strong stance against these animals.

To be fair, most apartment complexes here in California have banned renters from owning Pit Bulls. Banning them outright is just unfair to me. Not all Pit Bulls are vicious killers. Owners who actually love their dog and take care of it and raise it to be a family dog do not deserve to lose a part of their family because of this. It's pure owner responsibility to make sure the dog doesn't become overly aggressive. It is possible. I've seen it many times. While the nature of the animal will always be there, it can be taught not to give in to the hatred. Jedi dogs. lol

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
It's stupid people that should be banned from having kids.I have a dog and would never leave it alone with a new born.

This was a 5 or 6 year old child. Not a baby. The word baby was only used to make it more emotional and to skew the reporting of the event on the side of:

"They are terrible dogs, they are bred to kill" type arguments.

I personally don't trust my bichon/poodle anymore than I would a pitbull around my infant son. Not because the dog is aggressive or is known to kill people (they aren't) but because I don't trust ANY animals around him, not the cats either.

Hell for that matter there are a few people I don't trust around him. Common sense will get you far as a parent, although I don't see how it would have stopped this attack.

Could be the boy liked to shoot it with a bb/pellet gun when mom wasn't looking. Or maybe liked to hit it with slingshot or punch it. Never know the full story do we?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think it's a combination of bad parenting AND bad dog training.

Both should be punished severely....

People who own and train these, and other breeds of dogs for "protection", only do it to show off, and very often end up losing control of the animal.

Personally, I only need my little 5 pound dog to let me know when somethings up!

I can take care of myself....

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
its not the dog its how the dog was treated and raised it all falls on the owner its the owners responsibility no matter what. dogs are animals and people make the big mistake of thinking that they can instill human traits in them it doesn't matter whether it was a Pitbull or a German shepard or a rotweiler or what type of dog they all have the potential to attack it's the humans responsibility to know better not the animals watch the show fatal attractions you'll see what I mean.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

You don't need to train a dog for protection. If you treat the dog like a part of the family, the pack mentality will take care of that. They will naturally be protective. I have a German Shepard/Alaskan Malamute mix and all we did was treat her like family. She's one of the most protective dogs I've ever had. When another dog comes around, she's right in front of me watching the other dog. Usually trying to keep herself between me and the possible threat. It's really cool when you realize this happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

People like you are emotional people , who lose reason and logic

Seems to me that its not just pitbull owners that are being emotional.
You do realize that news is bought and sold and has been for years ? Way back when I was young it was shepards as the evil dogs,then came the dobermans,then finally its pitbulls. This is all media nonsense to sell news.Do pitbulls attack people? yes and so do alot of other breeds.In New York the aspca even had yorkies listed as killers due to them tripping they're own on steps and killing her. Seriously, use some common sense and take the emotion out of this fight.The media will paste anything as evil and dangerous if it will sell the news. Stop being suckered in to that.Animals are animals and people need to stop trying to forget that. They aren't really your little babies or kids. We think of them that way and that would be fine if it stopped there. It;s when you 'treat' them like little children that issues crop up.Go watch Ceasar Milan deal with peoples difficult pets to see what I;m talking about.Any trainer worth anything will tell you that in all the dogs they have trained,Only 2% would they recommend the owners have destroyed due to uncontrollable aggression. The rest are just from the owners giving off the wrong signals to the dog.All this media hype is just out of control with people and its causing them to do the wrong things when they meet these dogs thus setting up the person TO be attacked.And no its not just that pits would go ahead and attack if you act scared either. My father taught me to NEVER show fear to ANY animal or it could prompt the animal to go ahead and attack when it wasn't going to to begin with. So take a deep breathe and relax.Don't run and display fear and don't for goodness sakes read the media fear factor for the day.I never could understand why we would hold an animal more accountable than ourselves .A dog attacks and its put down, a human attacks and has years of legal wrangling to keep from being put down.And thats if the state has a death penalty.More elephants kill their owners than any other performing animal.I wish we would ban having them! That at least would make sense so they aren't put in that position.But a dog is a dog is a dog.Calm down.

link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

This is pretty much akin to calling every Muslim a terrorist. Your blind hatred is fascinating to me.

Really ? is every muslim born pre disposed to being killing machines when in red mode? ? Is every muslim thats born , have a vicious bite , that bullets , stab wounds , kicks , yet still continue to bite , untill their bodies give up ?

Well then these are some muslims i've never seen. If you can point them out i would love to jump on board .

Blind hatred ? or productive critisim ?

it is not akin to calling every muslim a terrorist . Try your call again , this is a recording. As foolish as the gun comments .

Did you have a bad experience with Pit Bulls when you were a child? Is that why you're so afraid of them? I'm not trying to be rude or attack you, I'm just trying to understand why you have such a strong stance against these animals.

You were already rude with your baseless comparison with muslims and terrorists. But its okay i forgive you . like many ats members you post with emotion .

No i have never been attacked by a pit bull , and i've had pleasant experinces with them , every time i've encountered one . From friends family etc. But that doesn't mean they are lollipops and candy. I keep emotion out of it , and go on reason and logic.

To be fair, most apartment complexes here in California have banned renters from owning Pit Bulls. Banning them outright is just unfair to me. Not all Pit Bulls are vicious killers.

of course apartment complexes , they are to close to other people .

The dogs should just be kept at home and never allowed in public.

Is that to much to ask ? Just keep your dogs at home locked up away from the public, That way if their is a attack its with your kids and your family. You already sign the disclaimer when you chose to own one as a pet . So their is no excuses of "OMG BILLY" the dog ate his face aferwards.

But rest of us in public don't sign that disclaimer because we don't have those pets . Why should we have to put up with the dangers of these vicious dogs in public? Makes no sense.

How would you feel if i came around with a lion , near your kids? Wouldn't like it to much would ya ?

But i'll say "i trained him since he was born 20 years ! " don't worry

Keep them at home locked up , we won't have a problem.

link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Originally posted by dadgad

Originally posted by ignant

31 people were killed in dog attacks in the USA in 2011.

22 of them were exclusively by pit bulls, the other nine were among other various breeds.

Should pitbulls be allowed as pets whether with or without "permits"?

What if someone's pit bull gets away while your walking your baby one day in his/her carriage, and it mauls your baby to death maybe in as little as one lethal bite to neck before you can do anything, how will you feel and how will justice be served?

Every year, more than 100,000 Americans are victims of gun violence.

Should we ban them?

www.lcav.org...

If guns start floating around and shooting people , yes we should ban them . Now can you show me how many guns have minds of their own ? and are fully aware of what they are doing?

Last time i checked , dogs had a conscience and are just going into RED mode.

How many guns go into RED mode on their own ?

I will be right with ya to ban them. till then save your baseless comparisons to pitbull owners ,

as we know reason and logic is not their cup of tea

omg you are right, guns have no mind of their own. Still they kill 30.000 Americans annually. Maybe we should ban humans? Would that work?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

You scare me more than any dog ever has.
You are the one that needs to stay off the streets so we can all feel safe again.

Yea thanks for those words , as empty and baseless as it is . My stance still stands .

Keep your killing machines at home and away from public places. Its surely not that difficult concept to grasp?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Originally posted by ignant

31 people were killed in dog attacks in the USA in 2011.

22 of them were exclusively by pit bulls, the other nine were among other various breeds.

Should pitbulls be allowed as pets whether with or without "permits"?

What if someone's pit bull gets away while your walking your baby one day in his/her carriage, and it mauls your baby to death maybe in as little as one lethal bite to neck before you can do anything, how will you feel and how will justice be served?

Every year, more than 100,000 Americans are victims of gun violence.

Should we ban them?

www.lcav.org...

If guns start floating around and shooting people , yes we should ban them . Now can you show me how many guns have minds of their own ? and are fully aware of what they are doing?

Last time i checked , dogs had a conscience and are just going into RED mode.

How many guns go into RED mode on their own ?

I will be right with ya to ban them. till then save your baseless comparisons to pitbull owners ,

as we know reason and logic is not their cup of tea

omg you are right, guns have no mind of their own. Still they kill 30.000 Americans annually. Maybe we should ban humans? Would that work?

when those guns are misused and shot without justification do they not get banned from society by being locked up ?

But first you compared it to the guns , now your going on to the humans. Did you see how silly your original comparison was ? This is why your stuck now twiddling your thumbs wondering how to reply next to try and save face.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here are some stories on pitbulls that have saved lives
www.allvoices.com...
www.wndu.com...
pitbullresource.com...
One of my favs...
www.pitbulls.org...
saveabull.com...
www.greenwala.com...
www.examiner.com...

Just to name a few....
edit on 19-2-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Humans bring dogs into their environment and expect them to know how things work, to forget their natural instincts, to act accordingly by human "rules." All as soon as the dog enters their new home. Then we get upset and go batsh*t crazy when someone is bitten or killed by a dog or ANY animal for that matter. That's not their fault, not in the least. They're only acting on how they feel and are being treated, and a little thing called their natural instincts. Many people that get dogs have no clue what they're doing. They don't know a single thing about the dog world and their psychology and hierarchy. If we bring a dog into our home, it's our job to educate ourselves and train them correctly. The idea of banning a dog breed is just ridiculous though. There are attacks, and in many cases killings, by MANY animals on humans yearly. We walk around slapping nature in the face and poking the bear constantly like some kid with a sense of self-entitlement and then want to wipe out a species when we get what's coming to us, when we instigate the fight.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You misunderstood what I was saying about the whole Muslims and terrorist thing. I've met people who think the same way about Muslims that you do Pit Bulls. I wasn't saying I believe this. In fact, I think it's asinine to think like that. Regardless if it's a human being or an animal, being raised properly will 99% of the time have great results. Again, I'm not being rude, not have I been rude. I'm just trying to figure out why you think every Pit Bull is a vicious killer no matter what.

And as far as why people bring the dogs out in public is to help socialize it so it DOESN'T fall in to aggressive tendencies. Then there is the type of people that generally enjoy showing off their Pit Bull because they are beautiful dogs.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WienelPistor

Wow, are you right.
Humans are the bad ones here, not the dogs. They are just being dogs.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Its the owners of these dogs should be banned, not the breed. There are numerous dog mauling cases that are not pit bulls, but they dont get the press because they dont look dangerous enough.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but no. Just # no. I am NOT keeping my gentle giant indoors because YOU have a problem with him. And if you EVER try to hurt him or any other big dog because YOU have a problem with them, I hope you get the fullest penalty available by law.

Just because YOU have a problem with something doesn't mean I or anyone else should change our way of life.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

People like you are emotional people , who lose reason and logic

I beg to differ...

You do realize that news is bought and sold and has been for years ?

Then lets go ask the people who were attacked , about how fake the news was ?and overexaggerated it was hmm?

pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org...

Do pitbulls attack people? yes and so do alot of other breeds.

Thats the problem with how they attack and vicious they are . Once a pit bull sees red and is in attack mode its hard to stop them. I can give you many many examples.

Other dogs are much easier to stop , scare off and control .

Seriously, use some common sense and take the emotion out of this fight.The media will paste anything as evil and dangerous if it will sell the news.

really ? you don't say. So i should just allow the pit bulls near my babies , because the media just hypes it up ? I shouldn't take what the media says seriously ? They are all out to get me with false exaggerated news?

Stop being suckered in to that.Animals are animals and people need to stop trying to forget that.

This is what i've been trying to get across to these dillusional pro pitty people here. They are still animals and will snap if triggered .

they say " my dog would never harm anyone "

"one million dollar bet it would never bite anyone"

"my pitty is a nanny to my kids"

lool. the audacity.

Don't run and display fear and don't for goodness sakes read the media fear factor for the day.I never could understand why we would hold an animal more accountable than ourselves

because it was bread that way . Its design is to be vicious killer and do it regardless if the owner says stop , or the dog gets beat over and over again to stop . This breed is a killing machine.

More elephants kill their owners than any other performing animal.I wish we would ban having them!

Or stop putting them in shows ? how about we stop owning pit bulls ? and put them on a island somewhere ?

That at least would make sense so they aren't put in that position.But a dog is a dog is a dog.Calm down.

i am calm . a dog is a dog . an elephant an elephant. Where is the line?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ya'll, let the flags do the talking. 15 pages of comments, mostly 1 or 2 haters arguing with the rest that pits should be shot at birth. And how many flags? 3. Whopping 3.

Fake UFO pics get more flags than this. I think that shows that "most" people are capable of using their brains and discerning between hate fueled fear mongering and common sense animal habits.

No one is arguing that people don't get killed by pitbulls. We all know they do, we see the stories. They are arguing that there are other factors at play, besides just the breed of dog.

I was bitten on the cheek at 4 years old by my own cocker spaniel. I still have a large star shaped scar there after 28 years.

I was bitten on the nose at 5 years old by a dalmation, and still have tooth rake marks to prove it.

I have never been bitten by a pit bull, and have seen plenty that were breed and trained to fight.

That doesn't prove anything at all, but gives you something to think about.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join