It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The whole issue of banning breeds of dogs and such is really an over the top idea. Dog "attack" fatalities are less than lighting strikes and honeybee/wasp/hornet stings. This coming from a quick search on deaths from snake bites that I happen to be doing for something unrelated. ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu...

Each case of a dog killing a human is a unique incident in and of itself. Example, if someone is breaking into my home and I order my dog to attack, to save my families lives, and my dog kills the intruder, that death will make its way to the CDC's count of Dog attack deaths in the U.S..

The problem, generally, is that any fool can have dogs, kids or both.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I think that stupid people who buy pitbulls and let them around babies should chemically castrated so they cannot contaminate the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sounds like the owner was responsible for the animal and thus the child's death.

Dog's aren't born mean, they are bred to be mean. Of course animals have instincts, but they aren't inherently "evil."

This is tragic, however...

Ironically dogs kill more people than terrorists do........

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by nightstalker78

doctors are one of the leading causes of death in america...should we blame their dogs?

Wow, imagine the death toll if we didn't have doctors!

if your car runs someone over, or your gun shoots someone...or a shingle flies off your roof and....
or heaven forbid a burgler might hurt himself on a defective ladder while breaking into your house.....
who's responsible by law?

depends on who has your car, and how did you let your gun get away from you? If you sold it to a gang member, yup you will face repercussions.

In my state, if you let a tree get sick and it falls and destroys someone else's property, you can face serious repercussions.

wait a minute ...doctors are serious cause of hundreds of thousands in the US every year...

hundreds or thousands of what?
So your alternative is the village shaman. I will take my chance with the doc.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Banning "Pit-Bulls" isn't the answer. It's people who don't train their dogs properly and people who bread dogs to make a couple of extra bucks that are at fault here. I have a Stafford Terrier "Pit-bull" that i found on the streets when she was only 6 months old. She's around two chihuahuas one older and one younger, my niece and nephew all the time and she has never done so much more as to lick them. People do worst things to other people yet i don't see you asking if we should ban humans from being around other humans.

If anything I've seen chihuahuas with worst attitudes than Stafford terriers.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Boxer breeds do have issues, every time I go to the dog park the only aggressive dog there is a boxer! just last week alone I saw 2 dog fights which involved BOXERS each time!

in the 2010/2011 ATTS Breed statistics where they tests a dogs ability to interact with humans and the environment; boxers only got a 83.7% where BULL TERRIERS got 90.9%

ATTS Breed Statistics

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShellyBelly23
Pit Bulls ranked above 121 other dogs in terms of temperament!

www.ywgrossman.com...

The link is full of wonderful photos of BABIES and Kids snuggling with Pit Bulls!!

I own 2 Pits a male and female, both are cuddle bugs and non aggressive, I take them to the dog park several times a week and have seen other dogs such as boxers, and labs get in nasty fights with other dogs but NEVER a pit bull. You are wrong about your opinion, pit bulls are some of the most loyal and loving dogs out there. do a little research before posting something dumb!!!

awww thats so cute , look at the pitty's and the baby so soft and cuddly together. Thats great for the sugar coating of the killing machines.

But what about the other side of the coin ?

Here is some pictures/videos and list of articles with pitbulls and their "nanny nature"

pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org...

Do you understand that pit bull breeds have a very dangerous attack ? that is hard to stop? Other dogs are not as difficult to stop as these dogs are.

When these dogs see red. It's very difficult to stop them . Even if you are the owner.

Do you really want something bad to happen to your child untill you wake up and realize that putting a lion beside your child is a smart thing to do ?

I would fight a german shepperd then a pitbull anyday of the week. Once these dogs get a taste of your blood, bite you with there powerful jaws , and try and twist and roll . Its game.

I can show you pictures of wild animals and kids being cute , but that doesn't make me so naive to think its just fun and games.

be serious , any responsible parent would never give that much trust to an animal , i don't care how long you've had it . It will turn on you when it sees red.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Sounds like the owner was responsible for the animal and thus the child's death.

Dog's aren't born mean, they are bred to be mean. Of course animals have instincts, but they aren't inherently "evil."

This is tragic, however...

Ironically dogs kill more people than terrorists do........

The outdated debate, "It's the owner, not the breed," has caused the pit bull problem to grow into a 30-year old problem.1 Designed to protect pit bull breeders and owners, the slogan ignores the genetic history of the breed and blames these horrific maulings -- inflicted by the pit bull's genetic "hold and shake" bite style -- on environmental factors. While environment plays a role in a pit bull's behavior, it is genetics that leaves pit bull victims with permanent and disfiguring injury.

www.dogsbite.org...

get with the times bro.
These dogs were bread to be mean killing machines. But pitbull owners dont' like to think about that . Because they are so full of them selfs , and what they think they know about their own pets ..

then when an attack does happen ...

"oh i don't know what happened she was sooo gentle"

"i always let the kids play with it , she never showed aggresive behavoir"

"i can't believe our dog did that , i'm shocked ! , i never saw it coming"

etc etc .

Its a SHAME some people need a tragic event before realizing the OBVIOUS

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
if you can not handle a dog and force it too be a "defender or guardian" .. its going to have a very wicked temper and mentailty. Stop blaming the animals, blame the humans who control the animals. That dog probably faced alot of trauma through its puppy life to become "big, strong, guard dog" .. what do you expect will happen if its not muzzled and watched carfully.. ?

Poor little baby, what a short incarnation. She will go back to her home and live a better experience elsewhere in the cosmos

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I had to shoot a Pitbull 3 years ago after it attacked a man walking his little terrier puppy.

I had just finished putting gas in my Suburban and heard the attack start across the street. I quickly drove across to where the attack was and there was blood everywhere. A trucker who was at the gas station ran over with a long metal rod and he hit the pitbull so hard it bent it, and it would not let go of the guys thigh. I grabbed my .45 from the center console and had to shoot it point blank through the upper chest.

Thankfully the injuries weren't as serious as they first looked. The man needed 45 stitches to close up his legs and hands, the puppy had a broken back leg and about 30 puncture wounds. The pitbull died almost instantly, but it still made one last mad lunge at me after I shot it.

The owner had been leaving it out on a thin chain all day while he was at work. He had stretched the chain so much it was weak as hell, so when the guy and his puppy walked by one lunge was all it took to break the chain.

He was plenty upset over me shooting his dog, no concern for the poor guy it mauled. But the police flat told him I was not in trouble over it and had been justified in shooting the dog.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
dont ban pitbulls ban people who have babys with a pitbull around, and make sure dangerous dogs are not allowed wihtin x feet of a play park etc

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
While any dog can bite at any time, there are certain breed that this instinct is more prone to happen. Pit Bulls, Mastiffs, German Shepherds, Chows are some of the more aggressive breeds and I don't think any of these belong in a home with small children.

I've heard it far too many times from people who own these animals, "well MY dog would never bite anyone." And that may very well be the case, but I tell them that they are playing Russian roulette and they will lose badly if their dog every hurt them or anyone else.

Unfortunately, many of the people I know own these dogs because they are good "guard" dogs. They have them specifically because of their aggressive nature.

I think pit bulls should not be bred.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
well the mom went to the bathroom and in that window was when it all happened so i don't necessarily blame the woman..just a tragic accident and it could've happened with any other dog.

we got small kids and two dogs and although they are friendly, it's not worth taking a risk
edit on 19-2-2012 by wlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, I used to be against pitt bulls overall due to statistics
Then I was basically given one. (two actually, but one died a couple months ago).

It is a love dog. it plays with the chiuhuahs nicely.

I do not have children, the dog is well trained not to go out of the house unless it is on a leash..it simply won't leave the home.
Have had plenty of random people showing up of all ages. I however am not fooling myself and will always hold the collar whenever anyone comes in

The dog has been in one fight..a neighbors unleashed bull came at her and attacked when I was walking her. she did not even so much as bark back..she ran home immediately and went inside. the other pitt bull got beaten by her owner..said it wasn't the first time she attacked either.
the owner beat the dog
see the difference
the owner abused the dog, therefore the dog was violent.

the owner also let the dog walk around without a leash.

As a pitt bull owner, I love this particular dog, I also know I have a potential murderer beside me and so take measures....Even if I feel comfortable with my dogs beneviolent behavior, I control her as much for my own sake as the dogs, and showing others whom care to notice that you must always have total control over this dog.

It is also the most affectionate dog I have ever owned...so, its worth it

There should be some sort of test before owning this type of dog though, yes. Also, keep in mind, pitts can "go crazy" one day...brain disorders or whatever...so even a well trained dog and owner can have its challenges.

Pitts shouldn't be owned by familys with small children...and any off leash should be tranquilized on sight by cops or whomever and put to pound/have the owner heavily fined for letting a weapon run around.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

71% of the pit bull fatalities have occurred in the past 10 years; 42% in the past four years; 24% in the past two years.

n the 3-year period from 2006 to 2008, pit bull type dogs killed 52 Americans and accounted for 59% of all fatal attacks. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 73% of these deaths.

Pit Bulls don't have different jaws or even more pressure then other dogs. In fact I think the Rottie has a much higher psi in the bite. The problems with pitts is they bite deep and then shake, just like a shark.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have 3 Pits and a Iraqi rescue. The pits are great and never have shown aggression towards people. I think its these dogs that are bred in the hood for the wrong reasons. They are left outside constantly on a short chain and terrible conditions. The heat really drives them nuts as well. I found this link interesting www.ywgrossman.com...

link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

A trucker who was at the gas station ran over with a long metal rod and he hit the pitbull so hard it bent it, and it would not let go of the guys thigh. I grabbed my .45 from the center console and had to shoot it point blank through the upper chest.

Yes this is what im talking about ! once these dogs see red , its very difficult to get them off. DO these same actions to a german shepperd and watch how fast that dog runs away.

But pitbulls are a different kind of killing machine. I've seen many cases like this , where people stab shoot hit the dog , and it won't let go . Only untill it's body says "oh we gotta stop now , that last bullet hit a vital" that it stops! or else it keeps going!!

The pitbull died almost instantly, but it still made one last mad lunge at me after I shot it.

one last lunge? lol , after all of that ? Killing machine is an understatement!

He was plenty upset over me shooting his dog, no concern for the poor guy it mauled

Another example of dillusional pit owners . I know the pit is more dangerous , but some of these owners make me sick . Including some of the ATS members on this thread. Unacceptable!

link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Most bites of children are first time bites from pets that would "never bite anybody." Aka owners who do not understand dogs and did not see the warning signs or take cautious measures.
We heard this crap all the time.

Then we would start grilling them and find out that oh, well she did growl if we tried to take her toy and she did growl if we tried to move her off the couch. But she didn't mean anything by it. She was just talking.....

edit on 19-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is nothing but dog owner STUPIDITY and they should be locked up. Every dog of a decent size can kill a baby. Why someone would even leave their baby alone with a dog is beyond me. I have a wonderful loving black lab mixed with either chow or Akita and kids can climb on her and pull her ears and she just loves it but I am always right there to stop her from biting should she snap.

The only thing that sets my dog on fire is if another dog tries to drink out of her water bowl while she is. I have watched as she exploded on a pitbull for that and the pit lost in a matter of seconds. It happened so fast I was dumb struck. She also did this again at a park for dogs and this time it was a great dane lol. Thankfully it was a male puppy about a year old or she would have pressed the attack. She was just letting him know who was boss.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey I heard about a black man killing someone on the news last night. I've been hearing a lot about black people committing crimes around here lately. Do you think I could get a petition to ban them from my city?

Just because the media prefers to do more news stories about certain ethnic groups committing crimes doesn't mean they are the only ones committing them. I find it ironic that, on a site where so many people bash the MSM for misinformation, people are using MSM to form them opinion that pit bulls are horrible pets.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join