It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

31 people were killed in dog attacks in the USA in 2011.

22 of them were exclusively by pit bulls, the other nine were among other various breeds.

Should pitbulls be allowed as pets whether with or without "permits"?

What if someone's pit bull gets away while your walking your baby one day in his/her carriage, and it mauls your baby to death maybe in as little as one lethal bite to neck before you can do anything, how will you feel and how will justice be served?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

well, banned?
there is no such a thing as a bad baby
only bad parents

say, why don't we do something about the dogs instead?

edit on 19-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Nancy Grace? Really? But yes,I believe they should be banned.They're nasty dogs.They're bred to be the way they are.And for anyone who says 'its the owner,not the dog'. Bull# and you know it.Certain breeds are just not meant to be kept as pets.Pit Bulls being the #1 choice.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Wrong. so you're saying it's the owners fault that dog attacked someone?

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Never had a problem with Pit Bulls, but the owners that chop their tails and ears should suffer legal consequences.

(coming from former Pit Bull owner /and/ father - and not one that chopped their tails/ears, either.)

Pits are great if you treat them like any other dog.

link   

link   

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Pits bulls are the best dogs I ever had... I own a few now.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptographrix
Never had a problem with Pit Bulls, but the owners that chop their tails and ears should suffer legal consequences.

(coming from former Pit Bull owner /and/ father - and not one that chopped their tails/ears, either.)

Pits are great if you treat them like any other dog.

I agree with you...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It's NOT the owner, it's how the Pit is raised.

Chop their tails and ears and they'll get pissed at you over time - do that to a human and see what happens, though - I can't imagine either would be a good idea.

Otherwise, you can raise them alongside your kids. They are VERY loyal dogs.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Chop their tails and ears and they'll get pissed at you over time - do that to a human and see what happens, though - I can't imagine either would be a good idea.

Yes, that's by the owner how the dog was raised.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Knowing their reputation, why even chance it? I wouldn't have a pitbull in the same house as a baby. No animal should ever be 100% trusted around a baby. And no animal that has the potential to kill a child would be given the benefit of the doubt either. They get jealous, and things could happen...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I've never wanted to hit a woman until I saw this report the arrogance the ignorance. Dont cry I really don't want to hit her, just with knowledge.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Knowing their reputation, why even chance it? I wouldn't have a pitbull in the same house as a baby. No animal should ever be 100% trusted around a baby. And no animal that has the potential to kill a child would be given the benefit of the doubt either. They get jealous, and things could happen...

Ignorance. It's sad.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

doctors are one of the leading causes of death in america...should we blame their dogs?

if your car runs someone over, or your gun shoots someone...or a shingle flies off your roof and....
or heaven forbid a burgler might hurt himself on a defective ladder while breaking into your house.....
who's responsible by law?
even if you aren't driving or holding the gun...didn't nail the shingles, or wreck the ladder

wait a minute ...doctors are serious cause of hundreds of thousands in the US every year...
and we are worried about pit bulls?....real topics need not apply....

On the other hand pit bulls do kill more americans then terrorism does...
maybe we should regime change the lil puppies

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It's not how they're raised.It's that dogs disposition.And pit bulls,whether you like it or not,are well known for being an aggressive breed.I've seen many pit bulls with a tail that wasnt 'chopped' as you put it,that were still aggressive.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What if someone's pit bull gets away while your walking your baby one day in his/her carriage, and it mauls your baby to death maybe in as little as one lethal bite to neck before you can do anything, how will you feel and how will justice be served?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

banning a pitbull would mean putting a ban on multiple dog breeds.

if you honestly think the dog is born aggressive you shouldnt be posting about pitbull related deaths.

deer accidents kill hundreds a year... does that mean we should ban driving in areas with deer? its not the deers fault you are driving through his home.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join