It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea : we will bomb South Korea's island if they do their naval drill tomorrow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

check russia's civil defence network .Its massive and meant for nuclear war survival of majority of populous

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

I believe you in this case. The West has pretty much blown off civil defense since the seventies.

But I'm good with that.

The last thing I want to see is some person coming through the door saying,

"I'm with the Government and here to help."

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Vitchilo - You said :

Let's mention also that there is an election in South Korea on April 11... probably the North Korean way of affecting that election so the pro-NKorea party wins. (not ``pro`` but more willingly to talk to NKorea and be against the US... after all 66% of South Koreans students think that the US and Japan are the enemies of SK)

I checked your link as I found that information astounding (66% of SK students perceiving the US as an enemy) , and was surprised to see no comments about this figure, but in your link it states -

Asked about enemies, 44.5% chose Japan, 22.1% chose North Korea, 19.9% chose the United States, 12.8% chose China and 0.6% chose Russia, showing that 44.5% of teenagers believe that Japan is an enemy.

So you were very wrong on that detail, and they only surveyed 2,500 students.

I just thought that was strange considering the alliance between SK and the USA.

When NATO attacks Iran or Syria, expect to see North Korea go for South Korea, Argentina go for the Falklands, China will devastate Tibet (and then probably attack NATO), Pakistan will try to push the boarder with India (with China's help) - and much much more, and the planet will burn

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Call in Seal Team 6 to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you really still think hey killed Osama LMFAO...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

I checked your link as I found that information astounding (66% of SK students perceiving the US as an enemy)

If you re-read what I wrote... I said :

after all 66% of South Koreans students think that the US and Japan

US AND Japan.

What the link says...

Asked about enemies, 44.5% chose Japan, 19.9% chose the United States,

44.5% + 19.9% = 64%... and I said 66%... so I was wrong by 2%.. my bad.

So you were very wrong on that detail, and they only surveyed 2,500 students.

Well they can't survey everyone now can they? That's what surveys are for. To show a big trend with a small sample.

I just thought that was strange considering the alliance between SK and the USA.

Yeah but like the US-Pakistan alliance... how many Pakistanis hate America??

When NATO attacks Iran or Syria, expect to see North Korea go for South Korea

The only way they can do that is if China supplies NKorea with lots and lots of oil.

Argentina go for the Falklands

Probably.

China will devastate Tibet

They won't waste troops and money on that.

Pakistan will try to push the boarder with India (with China's help)

Could be... China has some territory they want from India.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Once again another ATS thread gone completely off topic because the original topic is no longer valid!!!

Told ya NK wasnt going to do anything. The drills are over and nothing happened.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Once again another ATS thread gone completely off topic because the original topic is no longer valid!!!

Told ya NK wasnt going to do anything. The drills are over and nothing happened.

They are not over. Try again.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I know exactly what you wrote, and the way you included America and Japan in the same sentence under the 66% statistic, without including the separate figure for America alone was misleading.

And I understand how a survey works, but it was an extremely small section of society questioned - just students.

I also agree with most of what your saying, so don't take me the wrong way - I was just pointing out your misleading comment, that 66% of South Koreans view Japan and America as the enemy

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No need to try again:

"South Korea Ends Naval Drill Near the North’s Coast"

www.nytimes.com...

Originally posted by Vitchilo

They are not over. Try again.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The drills run until Friday.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Again over: news.nationalpost.com...

"South Korea said the drill, the second of its kind in the area this year, was routine and had passed without incident."

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And again-its over:

"North Korea's military maintained increased vigilance during Monday's drills, which ended after about two hours, though Seoul saw nothing suspicious, a South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff officer said on condition of anonymity, citing department rules."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
And again: "South Korean navy sailors in a speed boat patrol around South Korea's western Yeonpyong Island after finishing their exercise, near the disputed sea border with North Korea, February 20, 2012."

www.voanews.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I eat my own hat. Haha.

My source earlier said one thing. It has now changed completey. Unreliable news.

Sorry, maybe your aren't a fool.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

What the link says...

Asked about enemies, 44.5% chose Japan, 19.9% chose the United States,

44.5% + 19.9% = 64%... and I said 66%... so I was wrong by 2%.. my bad.

This is really bad statistics. The 19.9% cannot be added to the 44.5% because they are probably the same people. The questionairre was almost certainly set up so that the respondents can select more than one answer, so if out of ten people, if five people select A and two of those five people additionally select B, the only statistics you can legitimately state is that 50% of the respondents chose A and 20% chose B. You can't add the two and say 70% chose A and B because in this case three out of the five (or 30%) who voted for A do not necessarily agree with those who voted for B.

The only thing this does illustrate is that Mark Twain was right when he said the three types of falsehoods are "lies, damned lies, and statistics", because the people coming up with the statistics tend to have an ulterior motive to "prove" something and will twist and distort the way the numbers appear to give themselves false credibility. Granted, none of this has absolutely anything to do with the OP, but the fallacy still needed to be corrected.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by Pharyax

Something needs to be done about american resource thievery,genocide,warmongering,christian rapture lies,financial ponzi schemes,demonworshipping and child sex slavery.Russia should liberate you with nukes and bioweapons.It will bring freedom on the american continent.

REALLY? You think the United States should be Nuked? Wow... Expect a HLS visit pal.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Pharyax

If they DO bomb, simply intercept them (if possible) or simply return the shelling 1 for 1.

Well last time, South Korean artillery fired on North Korean positions with their ``high tech`` artillery... well guess what, not a single shell hit the North Korean position.

North Korea fired 170 shells... 80 hit the island.

South Korea fired 80 shells... 35 landed in the sea (nowhere near the position) 45 landed on North Korean soil (still nowhere near the position) and 14 got ``relatively close`` to the position. Aka total failure.

You know you're in bad shape when North Korea's 1950s artillery has 3 times the hit rate than your $3 million a piece artillery.

lol, yeah, right???
Hmm.. Maybe they just did a 'shot over the bow' thing... They probably know that if they acually HIT NK land, NK would move to level 2 of weapons fire... Dunno..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

North is believed to have GPS jammers from China.And on regional basis North is no pushover even for us.The best way to deal with them is covert and cultural means.It could easily lead to overthrow of North Korean govt.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join