It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea : we will bomb South Korea's island if they do their naval drill tomorrow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

I am not sure what is driving your attitude... Russia and China are both very influential on this ol' ball of water and rock BUT... The U.S. is (with Britain sitting on their shoulder) the modern Empire. They are the country that has invaded more territory not belonging to them since Napoleon. They are the only country to drop atomic bombs on another country. They have the largest military industrial complex in the (known) history of the species.

I do not agree with most of Russia's, nor China's, politics, but in the last hundred years, they have done far less than the U.S. at expansionist imperialism.

This is in 2008, U.S. military bases worldwide.

Russian Military Bases list from Wiki

There aren't even enough Russian abroad to use a global map (although I admit there is more influence than the list indicates)

China has the 'string of pearls' around India and some minor presence in the far pacific reaches, but seriously?

Anyone who wants to blame the Russian and Chinese influence on the worlds problems since WWII has not looked at Bretton Wood, industrialization, fiscal pillage and rape through the IMF, the rebuilding of Europe after war years, the U.S. nuclear program, macro vs micro fertilization in the food supply, big pharm business... the list can go on.

I am a westerner who is currently waiting with anxious breath for the world to change, and the entire world needs to, but the U.S. and it's backroom politics has done more to endanger our planet than any other nation in history.

The average citizen in the U.S. is still a good, moral, upright person, but the governments in the west are corrupt and strangling us like they strangle the rest of the world.

How this relates to the OP, is just this... The U.S. will only evoke NK is it suits their imperialist needs. If there is any kind of purpose to tying up the Chinese with a conflict between the North and South again, the U.S. will pull their puppeteer strings and make the dance happen. , and as I write this, nothing seems to have arisen at this time.. so indeed, it likely is posturing from NK and a bonus for the U.S. to say "Hey, look over there" while they are get ready to invade Iran.

Namaste.

edit on 19-2-2012 by EarthChilde because: Added reference to original post

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Since South Korea didn't fire in NKorean waters, NKorea did nothing.

#ROK JCS tells VOA artillery drill has ended & S. Korean forces didn't fire towards the NLL. No reaction seen or heard from #DPRK.

Let's hope it stays that way in the next few months... there will be lots of drills till the end of april.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

People just need to RELAX a little.
The worse ones are the little guys who feel they have to prove themselves.
Lets he doesn't go this route and unload on S.Korea

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Ya. Hopefully the generals will overthrow him if he tries to launch full scale war.

As for the North Korea threat, they said they would fire on the island IF South Korea fired in North Korean waters... which South Korea did not do... so no bluff was called.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

lets hope they do. Hopefully he's being watched close with his lack of experience.
Maybe N.Korea just wants to be in the news and get some attention...feeling left out perhaps.
edit on 19-2-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

get the # off this website you anti-american troll.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

South and North are no good.North did invade but there were several provocations from the South from what I know. And I do not expect North to be able to hit USA unless there is covert chinese help.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Its just sabrerattling in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Someone tell me this..Why did war not break out when NK attacked last year? They shelled an island! Why was there no military response?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Vitchilo,
Thank you for this thread and your share of all this helpful information and great links. Also thank you for the links about the hovercrafts, I learned something new!
Also with the leniently chilled and laid back post such as things like..Nothing will happen, never does, etc..and things along the sort. Things like that nature do happen always have, war, fighting, and dominace has always been around, as long and far back as we can study about..These are very stubborn hard headed men and well known countries with not so good reputations meeting in important waters to carry out the biggest navel operation between the two allied forced..A, Thats a big deal..B, It's intimidating & fishy to people and countries who it threatens and share the attriubute of not trusting them. It is kind of a big deal, bad # does happen when lots of men with twisted agendas and big guns get together.
I however do hope nothing happens..I really don't want things to get worse or more out of hand than already.
Thank you for this post and sharing your knowledge, please continue to keep us all updated!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
These are all rhetoric. Nothing will happen. Even that posturings with Iran. Do not lose your sleep over these things.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Someone tell me this..Why did war not break out when NK attacked last year? They shelled an island! Why was there no military response?

Because the South Korean government don't want war at any cost because it would cost too much.

But they said that ``next time`` they would strike back hard... I won't hold my breath on that one.

And by the way, the drills are not over... this was just the first day... it lasts till Thursday... so if South Korea fires in North Korean waters, then NKorea bluff will be called and we'll see if they are full of it yet again.

But I doubt South Korea will stir the nest.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
They did their drill...nothing happened as expected. Yet another failed prediction to add to the masses. Close thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the U.S really have it's nose in everything? Trying to be the peace talkers of the world yet we have thousands of people without homes and living on the streets.

As for the N and S Korea, they have been at "war" since 1950...just let them go it's obviously not going to change anytime soon. Maybe we shouldn't have separated them to begin with.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There's nothing to gain for EITHER side to go to war..
Neither of them has any resources the other needs.
They might throw a rocket here or there.. but both of them will back down..

The only way there's going to be a war is if China or Iran force North Korea to hit by promising them the entire penninsula..

And the only time they do that is when the US is bogged down against Iran and Syria.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthChilde

It is simple,every time russa and china has the chance to do good

they chose not to.They would rather let people be killed as to help.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans
They did their drill...nothing happened as expected. Yet another failed prediction to add to the masses. Close thread.

Actually the drills won't be over for a few more days.. failed assumption, close mouth.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans

The drills won't be over till the end of April. There's a series of them.

Apparently you didn't read the thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
does anyone have a link for this claim "the drills are over" ?? not a tweet
am i the only one who thinks these drills are NOT on a 9-5 schedule?

i truly don't think this will escalate as others do however, April is a long ways off.
also, any other sources for the evacuation notice ?
am not exactly buying that one either, although the tweet did mention 8pm and it isn't quite that time yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

also, any other sources for the evacuation notice ?

North Korea Tells South Korean Islanders to Evacuate

North Korea's military has warned South Koreans living on islands near disputed Yellow Sea waters to evacuate the area to avoid possibly being shelled.

although the tweet did mention 8pm and it isn't quite that time yet.

Actually the drills are over for TODAY.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join