It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea : we will bomb South Korea's island if they do their naval drill tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Oh boy. The son begins the rhetoric... hopefully he doesn't do something stupid to prove himself. His father knew that North Koreans forces were a joke... hopefully Junior knows it too and he doesn't buy into his own propaganda or it could get real ugly.

Steve Herman VOA correspondant

AFP: #DPRK warns it'll bombard Yellow Sea islands near disputed maritime border if #ROK conducts naval firing drill tomorrow. #Korea

N. Korean army advises S. Koreans on 5 islands to evacuate before 0900 KST Monday.

0900 KST : 8PM EST Sunday.

KPA Command: #ROK gov't "traitors should not forget the lesson taught by the Yonpyong Is. shelling case that occurred Nov. 23, 2010."

Let's remember that this island is contested.

The drill in question :
S. Korea and US to stage anti-sub drill in Yellow Sea

The US and South Korean navies will stage a joint anti-submarine drill in the Yellow Sea next week to guard against potential attacks by North Korea, Seoul's defence ministry said Thursday.

The drill from February 20-24 will involve a number of submarines and warships from both countries, a ministry spokesman told AFP without elaborating.

JoongAng Ilbo newspaper said the drill would involve some 20 craft including two Aegis ships from the US and one from South Korea, as well as Lynx helicopters and P3-C anti-submarine surveillance aircraft.

Citing an unidentified Seoul military official, it said the exercise would be the largest anti-submarine joint drill carried out by the allies.

Let's remember that Kim Jong Un did this :
Kim Jong-un Reshuffles Top Military Brass

The man fingered by South Korean authorities as being responsible for the torpedo attack against the South Korean Navy corvette Cheonan, has been promoted from lieutenant general to general, the North's official Korean Central News Agency reported on Wednesday.

And this :
Kim Jong-un Promotes Officer Behind Yeonpyeong Attack

Kim Kyok-sik, the man responsible for the shelling of Yeonpyong Island in 2010, appeared at a ceremony marking Kim Jong-il's birthday on Thursday, giving the lie to rumors that he was sacked. He is now apparently chief of the army’s general staff.

And just yesterday asked for this :
N. Korea turns down S. Korea's offer of Red Cross talks

North Korea on Saturday rejected South Korea's offer to hold Red Cross talks on reunions of separated families, saying Seoul should first respond to its demand for an apology for not paying official respect over the death of former leader Kim Jong-il and for a promise to carry out previous summit agreements.

And this :
Pyongyang's call for troops pullout 'especially unacceptable,' U.S. says

The United States made clear Friday that North Korea's demand for the pullout of American troops on the Korean Peninsula is not negotiable.

And North Korea just completed a base near the contested island so they could take it fast.
N. Korea completes hovercraft base near border: report

North Korea has completed a hovercraft base which could be used to attack South Korean islands near the disputed Yellow Sea border, a report said Thursday.

It doesn't look good. And by the way, this is a common US-SKorean drill and this ain't the last drill...
US aircraft carrier conspicuously absent in joint military drills

U.S. aircraft carriers reportedly will not participate in Key Resolve and Foal Eagle, the two major South Korea-U.S. military exercises that will be conducted on Feb. 27.

A government source in Seoul said Wednesday, “(South) Korean and U.S. military authorities have recently decided not to use a U.S. aircraft carrier in Key Resolve and Foal Eagle." Key Resolve, an annual exercise for expanding U.S. military and equipment promptly to the Korean Peninsula in an emergency situation, will run through March 9. Foal Eagle, an annual combined field training exercise, will be held from early March to April.

N. Korea blasts upcoming S. Korea-U.S. military drills

South Korea and the U.S. plan to jointly stage major military maneuvers, called Key Resolve, from Feb. 27 to March 9, with about 200,000 South Korean and 2,100 U.S. troops participating.

And worst case scenario, if war were really to break out, Seoul would get bombed to hell, probably hundreds of billions in damages, thousands dead (if chemical weapons are not used)... but North Korea would get it's butt kicked quite easily... unless China were to side with them (and that could happen).

That's my take on it... some people disagree...
War with N.Korea poses nightmare scenarios

"Official Pentagon models assume it would take months to win the war at a cost approaching one million casualties or more, all told, including dead and wounded," Michael O'Hanlon, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, told AFP.

1 million would probably include US-SK-NK casualties. That is without nukes and chemical weapons being used or China entering.

China wouldn't do that right?
Kim Jong-il Demands Fighter Jets from China

According to a high-ranking source in the North, North Korean leader Kim Jong-il made the request to Chinese President Hu Jintao when he visited China in early May. But Hu apparently told Kim that China will protect and support him if attacked.

Let's mention also that there is an election in South Korea on April 11... probably the North Korean way of affecting that election so the pro-NKorea party wins. (not ``pro`` but more willingly to talk to NKorea and be against the US... after all 66% of South Koreans students think that the US and Japan are the enemies of SK)

But eh, all is not lost...
US, N.Korea to hold first talks after leader death

A senior US envoy will hold talks this month in Beijing with North Korea, resuming a dialogue put on hold last year by the death of leader Kim Jong-Il, the State Department said Monday.

Glyn Davies, the coordinator for US policy in North Korea, will meet in Beijing on February 23 with North Korean negotiator Kim Kye-Gwan, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters.

Or maybe all that have been cancelled/will be cancelled... who knows.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for the update.....everything is agitated now.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Call in Seal Team 6 to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It wont happen. Nothing ever does. That goes for Iran too.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

I pray you are right... and since it's North Korea, it probably won't... but things are different now... the SON is in control, not Kim Jong Il... and Kim Jong Un didn't promote the two guys who did provocations on South Korea for nothing.

And you know how ``young people`` are somewhat hot-headed compared to older people. (I know, I am)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I pray you are right... and since it's North Korea, it probably won't... but things are different now... the SON is in control, not Kim Jong Il... and Kim Jong Un didn't promote the two guys who did provocations on South Korea for nothing.

And you know how ``young people`` are somewhat hot-headed compared to older people. (I know, I am)

Yeah but the new Kim Bob Jr grew up with regular folks in Europe, he went to school there. Im sure he's not a dick like his dad.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
"The man fingered by South Korean authorities"

This sounds terrible.. I would be ready to bomb an island as well lmao

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I agree. North Korea is just trying to throw its weight around in the playground. There million man army and 1960s equipment is no match for the South and there allies. And the North knows it.
As for Iran. I think thats a different story. I believe there will be a militry conflict this year.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Well, I've been on this forum for a long time. Every week, and I mean EVERY week, there is a thread about how we will go to war with Iran. But nothing ever happens...

Do you think that the reason it doesnt happen is so God can make ATSs prediction history at 0%?

think about it.

Have you ever wished for somthing so bad, and that somthing never happens?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Not this again,If i had a dollar for every time i heard them threaten the South i would have enough for a bottle of cheap whiskey

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Not this again,If i had a dollar for every time i heard them threaten the South i would have enough for a bottle of cheap whiskey

Totally. But this time ...

- Untested new leader
- They never warn people to get out of the way because they gonna bomb.

But yeah... I think 99.9% that nothing will happen. At most, they will fire artillery in their own waters near the demarcation line.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

I hate to be the one to inform you of this critical piece of knowledge. But Seal Team 6 or ST6 as it was more commonly known as back many years ago does not exist anymore. And has not existed for some two and a half decades now. Ask your government they will tell you the same.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Originally posted by theBigToe

I hate to be the one to inform you of this critical piece of knowledge. But Seal Team 6 or ST6 as it was more commonly known as back many years ago does not exist anymore. And has not existed for some two and a half decades now. Ask your government they will tell you the same.

No way! I swear that they got ol Bin Ladden! I swear! I saw it on tv!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I wonder...

What if NK will bomb those islands? Because is sure as hell that the drill won't be postponed or canceled.
What if SK will bomb NK afterwards?
What if a war will spark between NK and SK and China sends troops in NK , not necesarily to fight but to secure NK from an invasion and to preserve the status quo?

WHAT IF Israel bombs Iran while China is having their troops in NK ?

China have a huge army, but IF they send troops in NK they won't have any other troops capable to be deployed in Iran.China is not US.China don't have the capability to deploy troops overseas, does not have logistics to support the deployment or enough transport capacity to have enough troops overseas.They can defend their teritory, or send #loads of troops in NK, but this is all they can do atm.

So, if NK starts a shooting, SK respond, this leads to a war and China send troops in NK...wouldn't be an excelent timing for an israeli attack on Iran?

Btw, this news might be just a lie, NK will NOT bomb the islands, but US will say they did, start a war, and dragg China into this with troops, ONLY to bomb Iran?

Well, will see tomorrow or in next days.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

What if NK will bomb those islands? Because is sure as hell that the drill won't be postponed or canceled.
What if SK will bomb NK afterwards?

Not what if. They will.

What if a war will spark between NK and SK and China sends troops in NK , not necesarily to fight but to secure NK from an invasion and to preserve the status quo?

That would save lives.

WHAT IF Israel bombs Iran while China is having their troops in NK ?

Could be.

China have a huge army, but IF they send troops in NK they won't have any other troops capable to be deployed in Iran.

So when did China say they were deploying troops in Iran???

China is not US.China don't have the capability to deploy troops overseas, does not have logistics to support the deployment or enough transport capacity to have enough troops overseas.

Indeed.

So, if NK starts a shooting, SK respond, this leads to a war and China send troops in NK...wouldn't be an excelent timing for an israeli attack on Iran?

Yeah but Israel doesn't need a diversion for an attack on Iran.

Btw, this news might be just a lie, NK will NOT bomb the islands, but US will say they did, start a war, and dragg China into this with troops, ONLY to bomb Iran?

Dude, starting a war with China is way more dangerous than starting a war with Iran... ya think they will ATTACK China so they can attack Iran?? What?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Kim Jong Un was the one who ordered the strikes on South Korean island(s?) back in November 2010.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Kim Jong Un was the one who ordered the strikes on South Korean island(s?) back in November 2010.

Or so says the propaganda. He ordered them... but he didn't ``plan`` them... those generals did.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Saddam Hussein thought that too. Twice. It cost him Kuwait the first time and a fair % of his military. It cost him his own life the second time. After watching both wars live on TV...I have to say, what we're watching looks like a bad re-run with some minor tweaks for how these things seem to have run before going to real warfare in recent ones.

I wish I could feel good about it leading nowhere like other situations have..but it just keeps pushing the wrong way for that......Now North Korea is another belligerent heard from and .. Umm. Wow. A trading and military ally of Iran. What a coincidence.

Funny about how all this is coming together at once. Coincidence has limits, imho.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Are people forgetting that the north sank a ship and launched an artillary barrage against that island? Both of those attacks very nearly resulted in retaliatory strikes from the south 'only intense pressure from the u.s and Japan for the south to show restraint stopped an escalation of the situation.

The south Koreans have made it clear to the north that any further attacks on them will be met with a serious response 'because the population of the south have actually damanded it of their politicians'. The potential for war on the Korean peninsula is very real.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Oh great not this $%^& again.

3 hot spots in the world and china and russa are at the center of the mess.

Every where they have had a hand in the situation, it is behind some crazy dick ta tor.

People being killed in syria by there own government.All china and

russa can say is veto.At the end of WW2 russa should have be put down then.

And china should have never be set free.The world would not be going through

this mess.The korea peninsula should have been took back to the china border.

All this bull because china and russa might lose there corrupt party and there mob

government.It must be a scary thought for them to lose there power and money.

No matter how you look at it russa and china are at the center of this trouble.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join