It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA/CIA/NATO Continues to Fuel GENOCIDE of Syrian Civilians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

If the British army shelled civilian areas I would be outraged, as would 99.9% of the population.

If the British army fired live ammunition at hitherto peaceful protesters I would be outraged, as would 99.9% of the population.

If the British Government tried to destroy everything, knowing that they were on their way out, I would be outraged, as would 99.9% of the population.

None of this has happened and its very inprobable it ever will. It has happened in Syria and thats why people are outraged. The Muslim Brotherhood may well be stirring discontent on the streets - the answer to that is not to rule with an iron fist and disable any opposition.

So like why are 'peaceful' protestors targetting the normal syrians and murdering and raping them?

what you call protesters are mainly armed muslim brotherhood gangs and if situation is like how Western media describes why are people prefering Assad over the Muslim Brotherhood.

According to Rashid (not his real name), the problems started about 8 months ago in Homs. “Yesterday [December 22] they kidnapped my brother’s son in Homs in Abasyia district; alhamdu lillah (with God’s help) the negotiation with the terrorists ended with his release. He’s currently in a state hospital recovering from his injuries.” Over a hundred Shi’as have been killed in Homs. “Limbs have been amputated – there have been horrific cases where people’s arms, fingers and ears have been amputated; we have never seen anything like it.” Wives of those who were killed “were raped – the women were stripped and made to wonder the streets naked.” Khadija (not her real name) relates what happened to her brother. “On 22 Shaban [July 23] my brother left his house in Al-Bayeda early in the morning to buy bread in the supermarket. On his way there was some sort of ambush by a group of armed men - he was shot in the head - we didn’t know what happened to him until we got a telephone call from the morgue to collect his body. He leaves behind a wife and two little girls. We’re devastated.” His wife and children have been evacuated from Al-Bayeda as have 400 other families, “majority of whom have had their houses completely blazed; they’re refugees in their own country. Majority have fled to the capital with no possessions. The area is now void of its locals; the city is now occupied by terrorists.” Khadija says, “We’re not political, we’re normal Syrians who are at the mercy of terrorists. They’re not freedom fighters. Why would freedom fighters target defenceless people?”

www.muslimnews.co.uk...

before the civil war started ,Assad had only 26% support mainly minorities. now with the civil war support has gone over 50% as secular sunnis don't want sharia law.

from the same source:

The majority of Syrians do not want Assad to resign and believe that the news about the protests in the country are exaggerated, according to a YouGov/Qatar Foundation poll on Syria commissioned for the Doha Debates that was published earlier this month. Atrocities have been carried out by both the Government and some of the armed protesters. In addition, Western, North African and Arab countries are funding, arming and training the armed opposition in Syria. Some 55% of Syrian respondents do not believe President Assad should resign, whereas it was found that it was the vast majority of respondents across the region, 81%, who want him to do so. Of the total respondents, 46% wanted President Assad to remain in power to prevent Syria becoming another Iraq, and half of the total (50%) think that the protests [in Syria] are part of a conspiracy by the US and the West. Almost a third, 32%, of respondents from the Levant region believe that President Assad is the best president for Syria (the figure for Syria alone is not given). Two thirds, 64%, of total respondents believe that the protests represent the view of the majority of Syrians, whereas in Syria, 52% of respondents believe that the news about the protests are exaggerated. According to Phillip Giraldi, writing for The American Conservative, Nato is “already clandestinely engaged in the Syrian conflict with Turkey taking the lead as US proxy” and “unmarked NATO warplanes are arriving at Turkish military bases close to Iskenderum on the Syrian border, delivering weapons from the late Muammar Gaddafi’s arsenals as well as volunteers from the Libyan Transitional Council.” In addition, French and British special forces trainers are on the ground, “assisting the Syrian rebels, while the CIA and US Spec Ops are providing communications equipment and intelligence.”

You want sharia law in Syria? Why do syrian populace believed western/al jazeera are twisting the truth?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Yes, its strongly ant-assad but it does give a very better ground view of events in Syria.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Those of us who have been assiduous and diligent students of the developments, and the confrontation and contestation in Libya, will, of course, notice similar parallels. The use by opportunistic and myopic imperial powers of Islamists, extremists, and Salafists in taking down a secular, insufficiently neoliberal, and not acceptably pliant and malleable — sovereign Middle Eastern government. Indeed, post-Qaddafi reports currently welling in from Libya have been filled with accounts of an increasingly wild, unstable, and a deeply unsettled (former?) nation-state. With militias and gangs still holding tightly to munitions and power, rather than any sort of centralized authority — and still fervently and resolutely — unwilling to disarm, dissipate, deescalate, or voluntarily disappear into the ether.

Will this be the fate of Syria if the US, and its usual suspect friends and confidants, “have at it” their way again? One can easily see why the armed opponents of the Assad regime, strike fear into the hearts of many of the Syrian people. Indeed, the “expiring” Syrian regime retains, not only a hold on power, but a majority of support from its citizenry. Perhaps because a majority of Syrians are facing this unrest, and remarkably unceremonious attempted destabilization effort, with their eyes, rather uninnocently — fully awake, aware, and even wholly wide open! Conversely, the US, the West, and the Gulf Cooperation Council benighted Sunni kingdoms, seek to pull the wool over the eyes, of any and all; who might be willingly, openly and (at least) ephemerally capable of supporting them.
www.pacificfreepress.com...

THE DOHA DEBATES: “55% OF SYRIANS WANT ASSAD TO STAY”
– January 27, 2012Posted in: Middle East, Politics

The Doha Debates, funded by the Qatar Foundation, published a poll on its website but it was ignored by almost all media outlets in every western country whose government has called for Assad to go.

The key finding was that while most Arabs outside Syria feel the President should resign, attitudes in the country are different.

Some 55% of Syrians want Assad to stay, motivated by fear of civil war. The poll also found that half the Syrians who accept him staying in power believe he must usher in free elections in the near future.

Assad claims he is about to do that, a point he has repeated in his latest speeches.
www.alalamiatv.com...

Syria has started implementation of referendum to implement free elections.So why do you support muslim brotherhood terrorists?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Don't waste your time with that shill ludwig.

Whatever sources you give him he will say they are debunked or tell you they are biased. It was clear from the beginning.

edit on 21-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

at times I feel like why NATO is doing this destabilisation crap. Makes me feel like NATO is trying to bait/goad Russia into starting up a mega genocide for population reduction.

Anyways I don't want to talk about syria anymore.Makes me ill as I remember how events in Deraa turned into a life and death issue for me and my friend.We were lucky.Syrian people won't be that lucky unless Russians forces enter that zone.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

reply to post by ignant

and the british use to love to bleat about how they crushed and starved India ,thus leading to mass murders of 1.8 billion indians in 200 years.Sad ,USA has aligned itself with the murderous royal family and the Rothschilds
. If Jefferson or Andrew Jackson were there they would be rolling in their graves

In deed USA has,

and I noticed resident ATS disinfo psyops were actively poised to refute that simplicity of the matter at hand

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

reply to post by ComeFindMe

Yes, its strongly ant-assad but it does give a very better ground view of events in Syria.

And the line it takes ties in very neatly with the sources I initially provided that you disputed / disregarded. I've given you exactly the same opinion, except from a different source. Why is one better than the other?

You also just used a UK website as the justification for your last post. Your reasoning is hazy.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Is this a reference to me?

Hardly a shill - though keep telling yourself that when anyone disagrees with you.

I provided several sources to support my viewpoint and critique the intention of the OP - these were disregarded.

I then used a source Ludwig himself recommended as being more unbiased - which also supported my viewpoint. This has not been sufficiently acknowledged, which is a shame as there is more than compelling evidence to support my viewpoint that has either been dismissed as MSM propaganda or simply ignored.

I have also been sidelined by discussion of Bahrain, which as far as I can see does not relate to the OP.

I am not professing I am right, or that I am a 'know it all'. I have come here to debate with likeminded individuals - if you or any other cannot accept that there MAY be another point of view, I suggest you do not use a site like ATS.

I look forward to a specific reply to this post and the ponits raised herein.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join