It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's Ancient Aliens season 4 premiere FRIGGIN' EPIC!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The premiere "The Mayan Conspiracy" was great and despite the episode 2 "Doomsday Prophecies" have been pretty much gloomy and soul freezing, the AA staff was too careful in avoid spread panic, making clear that the Mayan stones that refer to December 2012, have some missing glyphs and that could be referring to the return of the astronaut-gods, instead of a planetary cataclysm.

Anyway I found brilliant the bold 3D model presented, over the literal interpretation of Pakal Votan's tombstone in Palenque. The artist who came up with this final design is a genius:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

This model was worth the entire show!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is about the 3rd or 4th thread started about SEASON 4 Mayan

but yea its awesome

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm gonna watch the video later! thanks.

But wait, is that meant to look like a telescope or something? What is it supposed to be? Very interesting.

Edit: hmmm I think they think it could be a spaceship? well I guess a telescope is also a possibility right? Anyway will watch later.
edit on 19-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The Mayans had a spacecraft, but couldn't stop a bunch of spaniards armed with muskets from wiping them out.

Besides that it is plausible that aliens visited th mayans. But they should have been more specific in their record keeping.
edit on 19-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
That model looks NOTHING like the original artwork.

It's a goofy modern-man interpretation of stylized art.

The main part that the male is sitting on looks like a Mayan stylized head sculpture. Not a machine, this is seriously stupid.

There is NOTHING mechanical looking in the original art......

edit on 19-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

DISEASE: THE UNSEEN KILLER....

I'll watch this episode on Tuesday, when i have time...thanks for the heads up OP!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Most people dont realize that the mayan pyramids were built way long before the spaniards got there........ This season is pretty good, the "haunted places" episode scared me away from camping again...here is evidence of an ancient exhaust in my opinion on display...

rickzepeda.hub/UFO-evidence-proof

edit on 19-2-2012 by avatard because: mispelling

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I like the last pic and the red one.Is it still a mystery where they went?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this looks like an awful lot of plumbing to me.
I don't wish to appear flippant but this (see below) makes more sense to me and I agree with the poster who said that if they were so intelligent why couldn't they suppress the Spaniards.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Nice model,but I think the model maker used up his allowance of artistic licence for the rest of his life on that one

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I'm gonna watch the video later! thanks.

But wait, is that meant to look like a telescope or something? What is it supposed to be? Very interesting.

Edit: hmmm I think they think it could be a spaceship? well I guess a telescope is also a possibility right? Anyway will watch later.
edit on 19-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

It's not a telescope. The Mayan telescopes were multi-store towers or cupola-like edifices built out of stone blocks. Their scriptures give account that Pakal Votan was half-extraterrestrial.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
History India does not air this show. Do they? All we get here is some useless junk.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
The Mayans had a spacecraft, but couldn't stop a bunch of spaniards armed with muskets from wiping them out.

Besides that it is plausible that aliens visited th mayans. But they should have been more specific in their record keeping.
edit on 19-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

First off the Mayans did NOT have spacecrafts. A very few of their rulers, who were reportedly direct bloodline of the Anunnaki, had access to their technology. The history is full of "demi-god" heroes who eventually had access to extraterrestrial technology when convenient for alien wars. Greek Roman and Hindu mythology are full of these reports.
And the Anunnaki built magnificent pyramids and and taught science for Meso Americans, because they were MINING GOLD and other metals in Central America and it was convenient that those people were well instructed.
By the time when the Spanish conquistadors arrived at Central America, the Anunnaki were no longer on Earth for thousands of years, and the Mayans only were defeated by the Spanish, because they mistook them by the Anunnaki, with their fancy armors and long beard.

The Mayans were so desperate for the return of Toth aka Quetzalcoatl and his crew, that they didn't think even for one second, that the Spanish were not them. Big mistake!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

There definitely was a good amount of artistic liberty taken with the model. It's a neat idea and if you open your mind a little, you can see that artwork as a guy in a rocket, but none of that really makes sense to me.

First off, if that is really meant to depict Pakal in a rocket, why is he wearing nothing but a loincloth? Wouldn't he need a little more...clothing to be traveling in space? Oh, but I'm sure they have climate-controlled rockets, right? Well that throws me to the next question:

Why does this supposed alien technology seem so...unimpressive? Why and how would these ancient alien visitors come to Earth in outdated chemical rockets like we use and fly around in airplanes? Was their technology really so unadvanced that they had to fly around with an oxygen tube stick up their nose?

Also, who is it, exactly, that the AA guys are proposing visited us in the past? A lot of times, I see them point to art or a skull and say "Oooo, this definitely looks like a Grey!" and talk about flying saucers, but the other times, they talk about aliens that seemingly looked just like us humans, only apparently they had better rockets? Was every alien species in existence visiting and giving help?

Don't get me wrong. I do believe that there were visitations in the past. Perhaps even a war between species that took place right here on or above Earth, but the AA series raises a lot more questions than they answer and sometimes contradicts itself. The people on the show also make some rather wild leaps

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ancient Aliens is an interesting series to say the least. But I'm not sure about this interpretation. I could be several other things as well.

Mainly a ritual item, totem or ruling family marker are my guesses. They were found to do alot of blood letting and human sacrifices, and observed believed in spirits connected with the fields and underworld and such. Also they had ruling families. But they also had amazingly beautiful art, wonderful craftmanship and buildings skills, a beautiful written language, some shamanistic practices with really potent mind altering drug rituals too, so makes for a really wild imagination is my conclusion. This could be an interpretation from a vision quest on a sacred herb while being led by elders with special prayers? They may interpret it even more intricately than that. We do know they observed and studied the stars and obviously had some sort of interpretation of them, but who knows yet what kind of technology they possessed. Their technology honestly didn't really need to be much more complex than a sextant to come up with basic astronomic principles, providing they were fairly clever, persistent, and allowed the time to observe full cycles and such. Also with that cool language I think they would have written all about their amazing inventions and knowledge, but thats just me.

One of the inspirations for some of my art is really interesting stories before doing any research, so it gets interpretted like lore kinda, basically skewed in some way. My point is that is how things can get skewed or exaggerated over time and this may be their very cool and unique form of graffiti art, meaning thats NOT an image of a machine, but a sacred symbol (word) made from individual symbols (words), possibly making up an elaborate prayer or spell? Maybe even very esoteric and possibly dark, I still think these guys were pretty heady and possibly quite abstract in their thinking (think movie "all of me" where guru associates the toilet flush with phone ringing?). Who knows? I liked Mel's interpretation in Apocalypto. Ancient South American studies is a fascinating field of studies for sure, I sure would never be bored!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Also why does these wars, conquests and alien invasion always seem to happen on planet Earth? What is so special about Earth that attracted the Annunaki whatever to come visit us and not some other planet in some corner of the Universe?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
Most people dont realize that the mayan pyramids were built way long before the spaniards got there........ This season is pretty good, the "haunted places" episode scared me away from camping again...here is evidence of an ancient exhaust in my opinion on display...

rickzepeda.hub/UFO-evidence-proof

edit on 19-2-2012 by avatard because: mispelling

Who built pyramids all over the Central America, was Toth aka Ningishzidda aka Quetzalcoatl and the giant black Lemurians known as Tulas or Olmecs. As far as Lemuria vanished thousands of years before the rise of Egypt, I assume that the Tulas were evacuated from Earth before the flood. Most likely the Mayans also were evacuated by some reason.

One of Zecharia Sitchin books there's a timeline when Toth left Egypt and flew to Central America.
edit on 2/19/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
Also why does these wars, conquests and alien invasion always seem to happen on planet Earth? What is so special about Earth that attracted the Annunaki whatever to come visit us and not some other planet in some corner of the Universe?

Who said that they only came to Earth?? They also colonized Mars and there are signals of their presence in some of the moons of Saturn. Most likely they mined the entire solar system:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I liked it too, much better than all of last season's episodes.

I wrote this in the BTS thread but I'll paste it here: I was thinking of something during all the talk of blood sacrifices. Some speculation: What if the blood sacrifice ritual came into being after the Mayans witnessed the aliens drawing blood from some of their people for laboratory purposes of some sort? Maybe this was the last thing they saw the aliens do before they left and that's why they kept thinking they needed to sacrifice purer blood so that they might return?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join