It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paxism - The spiritual philosophy of existence based on peace

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Peace is the default position of existance, it is not an emotion, it is the absence of it. Peace is present in all things that exist but, sometimes it is hidden by emotions. When a person learns how to hold peace in any situation, and learns how to allow emotions to come and go without losing peace, the person will learn to be completely in the flow of nature.

So,
If you are happy, do not attach, just allow it to be.
If you are unhappy, do not attach, just allow it to be.

Understand that Peace is the foundation of all that exists and that Peace is always present and eternal. When you go with peace, you go with the natural flow of life or God or Nature or the universe if that is what you want to call it. Some do not realize this because they lose it, mostly due to emotion, but it is possible to hold peace even with emotions. It is always there. God is all that exist, God is the collective foundamental peace within all things.

Meditation is an excellent tool. If you start to lose peace due to emotional reactions of circumstances, you can always focus on breathing without thought and it will put you right back in your natural state. There are other ways though.

You can pet your cat if that allows you to refind the peace within you.

Do what brings the most peace within you.

When you have peace, it means that you are going with the flow, and if you can't feel the peace that is always within you, it means that it is just lost with your emotions or thoughts but it is ALWAYS there....

So that is the philosophy.

This was a discovery I made in my OWN meditation.

I will not lie and say that there is love in meditation...
I will not lie and say that there is bliss in meditation...
True meditation, focus without thought, is the bearer of PEACE.

Yes, there is duality, but peace is the container OF it. It allows the things to be and allow nature to take its course while KNOWING that the FOUNDATION of ALL is PEACE.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
K-paxism!

Ribbit

Ps: Duality is an Illusion! Trinality is the Key!

Become the Middle, become the neutral n0thing!

That is True Peace!

edit on 19-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Nice ....

I will not lie and say that there is love in meditation... I will not lie and say that there is bliss in meditation... True meditation, focus without thought, is the bearer of PEACE.

This is what Ive thought about meditation as well ,but I interpreted "peace" in my meditation as " contentment".
After meditation I felt content..Nice
Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Very interesting.There is an easy peaceful feeling.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
For more information about this Paxist philosophy, here is a LINK

Originally posted by Lexx790
Nice ....

I will not lie and say that there is love in meditation... I will not lie and say that there is bliss in meditation... True meditation, focus without thought, is the bearer of PEACE.

This is what Ive thought about meditation as well ,but I interpreted "peace" in my meditation as " contentment".
After meditation I felt content..Nice
Peace

Yes, that is definitely it. The place beyond the emotion. The essence of existence.

edit on 19-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
To be honest, I entered this thread with not much expectation, as the title is full of loaded "catch phrases". But there is a lot of wisdom posted here, so thanks! It sounds like you have a good grasp on meditation and life in general.

Oh, and as a suggestion, maybe it is time to go deeper into this whole concept of duality that you mentioned, it should not be there if you have truly found lasting contentment, peace, tranquility, balance...

Here is something you can contemplate on and bring into your meditations:

Our perception is currently divided into three 'categories': the world (outside), consciousness/thoughts (inside) and the entity who is conscious (middle/in between). But are these really separate, or are they actually a single/unified movement? Please think about this very sincerely.

Aren't the contents of consciousness the contents of the world, and isn't this 'entity of self', who is conscious of the world, actually just consciousness (thought) itself. If so, then is there even any division at all; is there really any such thing that we can absolutely determine as evidence for duality? If so, then it will have to prove that the thinker, the thoughts of the thinker and the world that the thinker lives in, are all intrinsically different/separated/divided from each other. Go into this carefully and deeply, this is a major issue that must be clarified if lasting peace is to be found.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Yes duality AND unity exists. It is a way to look at things. You can say there is "yin" and there is "yang" or you can say there is the "yin-yang symbol" which would be the whole.

So, they must both exist. I agree that they depend on each other and they are whole, just like hot and cold are a duality that exists but they are both temperature.

This is a great way to explain it:

There is a seed (wholeness/totality/peace), and it will grow a leaf. The leaf will be either "healthy" or "unhealthy". This is the duality, but in order for the "healithy" or "unhealthy" leaf to exist, it first had to grow from the seed.

The seed is peace. The seed is source. It is the foundation of all things, and from peace, you feel emotions, either "feel-good" or "feel-bad" emotions.

There is energy - positive and negative, but it's all energy (peace).

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Nice thread, you certainly seem to know what you are talking about. Duality has to appear, if it did not there would be nothing. There has to be something (an appearence) for the nothing to see otherwise the nothing would not have anything to be aware of but it is only ever aware of itself. It's quite a paradox isn't it.
Meditation shows us that essentially we are empty, content free, a void, not a 'thing', an empty container, a space that is aware. That aware space never goes anywhere, it is constant.
Thoughts and emotion are content, they are 'things', appearences, all appearances are constantly moving and changing. All 'things' appear to/as the empty space that you are.
It's that One Essence that is Appearing, Patterning, Shaping and Forming as Everything
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But "Peace" is something, as well. Peace is the source, and because of that, the negative and the positive can manifest.

There is the negative (Void - Emptiness) and there is the positive (Whole - Fullness), but inner peace, is the foundation of it all...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Peace, stillness and silence is what all 'things' appear in.
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The quest by omniscience to project Its omnipresence in being true to Its own definition, so as to exist even inside of absolute non-existence. We, that are proxies as consciousness sinks, are the tools through which it is accomplished. However the parasite develops atop the finites tools set (our minds), which is ego that prevents each individual from becoming partners and participants in the communion.

It is the Silence, the nothingness, the peace, Omniscience seeks to receive from each of us. That is all, nothing more. Those that state there is more than that, those activities are designed to feed the ego parasite.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Duality exists... for those who allow it to exist. Of course, it is practically impossible not to act on duality in this modern society that is based upon it. However, if you see nothing as good, then you will see nothing as bad. We do see things as good though. Really though, everything just is. And that "is" is peace.

Peace, to me, is a word that has lost much meaning, however, much like the word "God". What once used to be a powerful world is now a word that has lost much of its meaning and is now associated with things that most people would not agree on.

"Peace to you."
"Silly hippy!"

When you cease the judgement (which creates duality) you will know peace.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Yes, the judgment, the measurement, the naming, creates the illusion of duality.
There is an illusion, an appearance appearing full stop. Then the labelling happens and the labels are mistaken for truth.
This, what ever 'this' is, is it, one. But labelling, which is minding, produces the idea of more than one but really there is never more than one.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Duality exists... for those who allow it to exist. Of course, it is practically impossible not to act on duality in this modern society that is based upon it. However, if you see nothing as good, then you will see nothing as bad. We do see things as good though. Really though, everything just is. And that "is" is peace.

Peace, to me, is a word that has lost much meaning, however, much like the word "God". What once used to be a powerful world is now a word that has lost much of its meaning and is now associated with things that most people would not agree on.

"Peace to you."
"Silly hippy!"

When you cease the judgement (which creates duality) you will know peace.

Definitely. That "is" is peace because peace is energy. It is the foundation of all things, and from it, the negative and positive can manifest. It is the unity which holds both sides - the good AND the evil. I agree, so many people are focused on separating the two sides, though.

You can hold the energy of inner peace which is always there for you in any situation, since it is the unity of all things, you can hold it through the negative and the positive.

Originally posted by tkwasny
The quest by omniscience to project Its omnipresence in being true to Its own definition, so as to exist even inside of absolute non-existence. We, that are proxies as consciousness sinks, are the tools through which it is accomplished. However the parasite develops atop the finites tools set (our minds), which is ego that prevents each individual from becoming partners and participants in the communion.

It is a parthe Silence, the nothingness, the peace, Omniscience seeks to receive from each of us. That is all, nothing more. Those that state there is more than that, those activities are designed to feed the ego parasite.

It is not nothingness, it is just the universal energy of peace which feels like nothingness, just like the air feels like nothingness to people, because they are always surrounded in it, but you can always bring your attention to it.

There is ego (selfishness) and there is altruism (selflessness). Demonizing one and deifying the other is like demonizing the darkness and deifying the light, even though they need each other to exist. Inner Peace is not a part of duality, it is the unity of it. Inner peace is always present in you, it's just that sometimes people lose it through either positive or negative emotion, but even then you can still hold on to it because it IS always there.

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by arpgme

Peace, stillness and silence is what all 'things' appear in.
youtu.be...

Yup, positivity and negativity comes from peace, just like movement comes from stilness.

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Yes, the judgment, the measurement, the naming, creates the illusion of duality.
There is an illusion, an appearance appearing full stop. Then the labelling happens and the labels are mistaken for truth.
This, what ever 'this' is, is it, one. But labelling, which is minding, produces the idea of more than one but really there is never more than one.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Whether it has a label or not, you can definitely feel the difference of holding that inner peace and allowing yourself to lose it (not that it matters because it is eternal - always there - and can always be found again by you within).

It never disappears, people just forget about it within.

It is altogether as "nature" or "universe" but there is nothing wrong with giving different aspects of it labels, especially when you live in it.

EDIT:

Just wanted to add, you don't need to be taught this because it is natural. It is common sense, people are naturally wired to find peace when they don't have it, but what most people forget is that the inner peace is ALWAYS within, it's just that sometimes people forget that.

edit on 19-2-2012 by arpgme because: more detail

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hmmm.... so then let me make sure I understand you correctly. You are saying that on an absolute level the thinker (you), the thoughts (your thoughts) and the world you aware of are all separate and divided from each other? If so then there is no true peace because division equates to conflict, that is a fact. If there is no division then there is peace, but there is also no duality. How do you explain this?

Please do not skip over this.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by arpgme

Hmmm.... so then let me make sure I understand you correctly. You are saying that on an absolute level the thinker (you), the thoughts (your thoughts) and the world you aware of are all separate and divided from each other?

They are separate but unified. Out of one, there are many. Just like there are many leaves but they are all connected to the tree.

The thinker is in the world thinking thoughts. They are all connected, but there is nothing wrong with giving labels to these different aspects in order to talk about them.

reply to post by arpgme

If so then there is no true peace because division equates to conflict.

I should have made this post sooner. This is probably one of the most important post...

Peace is acceptance and allowance. This is the universal energy of everything that exist. It is existence itself. It is from peace that all other things can manifest. Peace is netural, it is from here that the positive and the negative can exist.

Peace is the container of the yin and yang.

When you find total acceptance and allowance, when you know that all is well AS IS, you bring the inner peace which is always within you more to focus. It is impossible to absolutely no have peace, to some extent, it is there, which is why it is eternal and infinite. When you have 100% peace, which can be easily attained through affirmations or meditation (focusing on the breath without thinking), you are 100% going with the flow of life or the universe or God or nature or whatever you want to call it. Although, you can also do things or go to places which helps you keep the peace. There are many ways...

Peace is neutral, therefore it is the container of all things.

Peace is eternal, because it never began therefore it can never end.

It is the starting place of all things. It is existence itself.

Peace is infinite, because it has no goals it can never finish, it can never win or fail.

It is the bearer of all things.

It is the bearer of change.

It is the bearer of existence.

Because Peace itself is the foundation of all things, it is a collective energy of all that is. It is the universe, or God, or Nature, and when you align 100% with it, you align 100% with everything (at the basis).

edit on 19-2-2012 by arpgme because: clarification

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am sorry sir/miss, but this does not hold up. Please go further into this with me. There can be no "separate but unified", because as long as there is division there is no unity, there is only the philosophical concept of unity. This is a fact, not an opinion. If there is division/separation as you say there is, then there is also chaos, conflict and thus no peace.

But maybe if we focus on this idea that the "inside" world is separated/different from the "outside" world, this whole problem will be solved. When we say "inside" we mean either the thoughts of the thinker or the thinker itself, which are both just consciousness. So "inside" means consciousness. Now you say the contents of this consciousness is different from the contents of this world, but how so? Are not all the things that consciousness is aware of and knows of, all a part of the "outside" world? So then where is the division? There is no division between consciousness and the world, they are one. Consciousness is the world and the world is consciousness.

So now we have determined that the thinker and its thoughts (the inside world) are in fact just one movement of consciousness, and that the "outside world" is also just consciousness as well, so again, where is the division/duality?

ETA: oops, you've edited the "inside"/"outside" out of your post now. Anyways, it still applies.
edit on 19-2-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The human is like a clear marble on the surface of the earth, which the light from the sun surrounds this marble, and light passes through this marble and is captured, that captured and passing light is consciousness,, you may say there is a separation, but only by a thin veil of time, ones physical form of existing , and the conscious perceiving of separation.

You can believe there is separation, you can believe there is not......

it could be there is separation, it could be that there is not......

It could be a mix of both

if there was nothing to question your beliefs how would whether your beliefs were "true" or not effect you?

I guess the value of your beliefs is what they can do for you.....

this is something I wrote thinking about your thread;

In my existence I am one,.... closer to nothing,... existing within everything,.... existing with everything,.... requiring little to nothing,...... I am ok with this, for now,...... the spirit of man is not ok with this, forever,..... so much of everything had to occur to bring me my nothing,.... The spirit of God was not ok with nothing, forever,... I understand, If one existed in nothing, stillness and peace for ever, to exist within nothingness, with no deviation, no duty, no adventure, no experience, nothing to know, wouldn't that be a hell,.,,
enough of a hell to struggle and suffer, to exist as close to nothing, within everything,...,
if only for a short while...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Someone may hold whatever beliefs they like, but only the facts can clarify reality and release us from suffering, chaos and confusion. It is not an opinion that the thinker and the thoughts are one and the same, that is a fact. Nor is it an opinion that the contents of thoughts are the contents of the world, that is a fact. So the fact is there is no separation, no division. Someone may hold the belief that these are separate yet it will not hold up to the facts of reality, thus they will continue to suffer because of this delusion.

Beliefs are a poison to peace and happiness.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Our perception is currently divided into three 'categories': the world (outside), consciousness/thoughts (inside) and the entity who is conscious (middle/in between). But are these really separate, or are they actually a single/unified movement? Please think about this very sincerely.

Three Categories = Trinality

-1 0 +1

That's where Duality runs afoul of the truth, it doesn't account for the THIRD part, sew the math of Duality is:

66.6% of the truth = 666

The OP talks about Peace within but you cannot find that Peace within by expanding/expounding outwardly, you must collapse inwardly instead, which is the lesson God/Source has taught us.

eYe loved what you said!

Pee On!

Ribbit

Ps: A synonym of "collapse" is "cataclysm" and an antonym of that is "happiness". Sew happiness is within, kNot without.

edit on 19-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join