It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dummies Guide to EASY silver bullion refining at home as a long term precious metal investment

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Izaana

You could go to thrift shops or second hand stores and look for eating utensils that are made of sterling silver.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
My question is how many times can you reuse the nitric acid before you have to replace it, like what if you have a lot of silver that needs to be melted down?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I looked into this process about ten years ago. I determined the cost of the materials and the time required for the process made this a net loss prospect for me. Unless you have access to large quantities of raw materials to process and did this in large scale it would a waste of time (and money) to almost anyone.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You might want to try some of us small scale silver ore miners a look into as far as getting high grade silver ore you can refine at home yourself such as me. It would bypass refining cost on our end if we are just extracting less than 10 tons per month. The refining process is a little different but is your experienced enough to precipitate silver already there are left over PM in my ore such as gold, copper, lead and others. A assay report from my mine would let each person know what they are dealing with. Keep the business in the country helping small miners helps our economy as well. I know I would be willing to sell to a small scale private refiner that would pay more competitive price than commercial refineries taking larger percentages and still collecting on the by product sometimes fixing a rate knowing they are making more overall more money. Something to look into. I know I'm looking at different ways to make my product maximize its value such as small high grade ore to teach students refining processes at universities that is willing to pay for an overall product rather than looking at value to weight ratios. a reply to: tauristercus

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great thread. I used to extract gold from circuit boards . I used urea to make a substitute nitric acid . worked good .
Also a good jar for boiling and cooling is a Snapple bottle . It can take the punishment . A mason jar is nice sometimes. Place a coffee filter in it and use the lid ring to hold in place for filtering .
While doing this outside your nosey neighbors will think you are making meth .

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
holy snikes batman

been trying to figure out a way to do this for a project for the kids a keepsake box and well here's the silver part thank you looking forward to seeing what all the silver jewelry I have been collecting turns into

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join