It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dummies Guide to EASY silver bullion refining at home as a long term precious metal investment

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is an awesome thread is there any way I can make a living out of this?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
BRILLIANT thread.

I saw someone do this on a slightly larger scale on telly. It was a scrapyard for old computers and they were extracting the gold and turning it into bars. The amount they got was surprising.

I'd love to try it but I'm very scared of acid and burny things.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Thanks but these sites are from the US, I'm in the UK and I imagine shipping would cost a bomb.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Where were they getting the computer components because it's illegal to throw them out and most junk yard owners who see them snag them for their own profit.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Thank you for such a well put together thread. My wife and I have a bunch of silver plated silverware that we haven't been able to give away. Not to mention how many people here are selling it for next to nothing. Being able to extract any kind of value for these items is definitely a plus. I'll definitely be trying this as soon as I'm able to get myself a little setup.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Invest in gold now soon it will be worth triple

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Its a start up cost thing, if you keep at it you will make money. Just like any good business.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

It is Alchemy, because it's refining and distilling, in it's purest form. This is also an art, a art that changes metals and makes them into metals that you can use.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Hello, this is America. Our citizens are so self absorbed, I can go out on trash day any day of the week and find tons of so called "hazardous" waste all over the place. Go to the poorer neighborhoods and you just find PILES of it even in the dumpsters.

I routinely find televisions in the large containers and the open tops at apartment even high end apartments when I used to do alot of junking. Either they dont know or dont care. It doesnt help that most municipalities dont offer e-waste clean collection on a regular basis. Local government could make a pretty penny in the junk business if they left collection sites open everyday .

Anyways, I frequently find computers as well, I save all the dics from hard drives, as that is coated with platinum or paladium. Now OP, do you have a method of extracting the paladium/platinum from hard disk drives? I have a stack about two feet high of just the actual internal disks.

Also if you ever see craigslists ads under free or services, many junkers will gladly come and pick up your "e-waste" for free, due to the fact they will just get what they need and dumpo the hazardous material into dumpsters somewhere. I mean for crying out loud, the city government does not even care most the time.
edit on 2/21/2012 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
Will this process work to retrieve silver from xray film???
I am looking for silver products cause I am wanting to try this process.
My wife is getting nervous and has hidden the silverware.

There is little silver in film of any type the money is in retrieving the silver from the chemicals used to develop the film.

And this can be recovered by simple electroplating onto a stainless steel plate

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
Will this process work to retrieve silver from xray film???
I am looking for silver products cause I am wanting to try this process.
My wife is getting nervous and has hidden the silverware.

There is little silver in film of any type the money is in retrieving the silver from the chemicals used to develop the film.

And this can be recovered by simple electroplating onto a stainless steel plate

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Here's some info on Acid disposal techniques:

University of Maine Disposal Techniques

Baking Soda Technique

Milk of Magnesia Technique

Summary: You can use Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Bicarbonate, or Magnesium Hydroxide to neutralize the acid and wash the resulting salt solution down the drain. This meets the disposal requirements in the USA. I don't know about the UK.

Dex

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Awesome thread!!! Thank you so much for sharing this information. Just like previous entries I too will try my hand at this. Safely that is!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by wigit

Where were they getting the computer components because it's illegal to throw them out and most junk yard owners who see them snag them for their own profit.

Apparently they're a new breed of scrap merchant, (scrappie where I come from). This might have been the programme I watched, if not it's very similar to what I was talking about, and the one I saw also made gold bars.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DexterRiley

A huge thanks for posting the acid disposal techniques.

I'll make this my last post so I will know where I can find your post again.

Again, this is a great thread and I'm looking forward to trying this in the very near future.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

700 lbs =/- 1lb..........

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
this is wonderful

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Cheap way to find your silver coins....I just got back trying out my theories.. I took $20 and broke it into ones and went to several convient stores asking for change for 2 dollars . out of the 20 worth of quarters I recovered 7 silver quarters....3 of the quarters were at lower income area of town.... then went to carwash and cashed in a ten and found 2 quarters. So theory paid off with zero risk, If i did not get a quarter I am still out nothing.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, this is very interesting information. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Thank you so much for this terrific education. Knowledge is power. It can help us to straddle along in these insane times.
I wished i knew how to give you kudos here, really don't know how, as everyone is claiming they gave you stars, but
where, how?
Anyway, this looks like fun to me & is right down my alley, i love silver more than gold, but then again, i got no gold, but
i can find silver, silverplated stuff. If anyone comes up with a place where or how to get this acid, it will be welcome.
Can't wait for you gold refining post, please be so kind & post it for us. I know it takes a lot of effort.
I have my own colloidal silver maker & never need a doctor.
I like to share with anyone openminded (like these members here) about the philosophers stone. But please do not
let that sidetrack you from your next gold refining post, i am only trying to return favors here.
I wished i had become an alchemist, the most fun endavour, or herbalist combined, nothing more exhilerating to me.
www.thebookofaquarius.com...
If things work out for humanity & we do not get taken over by aliens, Gold & SIlver will be our trade exchange 100%.
Each one has mystical, magical powers beyond imagination, not yet fully explored.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join