It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dummies Guide to EASY silver bullion refining at home as a long term precious metal investment

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just to sum it up in couple of faces.

This is amazing,
Shame that I have not got the time.I assume you could do it in China for cheaper.
Thanks for taking your time to do this and write it down

I think you should make a company call it..Mmm.
'Taurist's smithing' or 'melting coins into silver and gold'
This will certainly change the views of certain people who sold their gold to one of those 'we buy any gold' for a penny

Either way a star and a flag deserved

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I'm far away from home right now vacationing in the Caribbean, but when I get home I'm getting into the silver nugget production business.

Thanks for the detailed step by step instructions !

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
God love you, OP. This is so awesome on so many levels.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellzdoms
Just to sum it up in couple of faces.

This is amazing,
Shame that I have not got the time.I assume you could do it in China for cheaper.
Thanks for taking your time to do this and write it down

I think you should make a company call it..Mmm.
'Taurist's smithing' or 'melting coins into silver and gold'
This will certainly change the views of certain people who sold their gold to one of those 'we buy any gold' for a penny

Either way a star and a flag deserved

There's a place I drive by at least four times a week that has a large sign that reads "We buy broken gold"....

Broken gold. Right...........

Guess he pays the fools that take him up on the offer much less than the going rate because the gold is broken and he can't do anything with it !!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is wonderful reading, thank you very much!

Just one question: Does someone have a list compiled of coins containing silver which could be bought/obtained (USE MAGNETS FOR FASTER OBTAINING - sorry, couldn't resist the meme) for far less than their pure silver-metal value?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Even a list of coins with say 30%+ silver content would be useful. I've almost got everything but the actual silver, which is proving harder to obtain than I thought it would.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wikipedia
Lynncoins
Silvercoinstoday (with calculator!..)

Okay, there is already a market - meaning that there is no to only a small amount of value to be gained by novices..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I wouldn't refine silver coins. They are already assayed and known good. Your silver may be pure, but people might not believe you...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Depends.. I had a friend (deceased, cancer)- anyway, he had about 8 kg silver in ingots at home, bought in times when he was single and had a dime to save. One day, he decided to sell them.

He got dressed in his "best" clothes (military look, it was cold weather!), put the ingots in a plastic bag(!) and sat on his old, trusty moped..

The bank gave him his money, but he surely got lots of looks.

Well, that was a long time ago, about 20 years. Nowadays, I am quite sure you have to bring lots of certificates for your silver, or sell it online with hefty losses, I guess.

How did YOU sell your silver/valuable metals?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
For me personally I want to do this for the fact that it's a really interesting process and a blob of silver bullion that you've essentially created yourself is a pretty cool thing to have IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
For me personally I want to do this for the fact that it's a really interesting process and a blob of silver bullion that you've essentially created yourself is a pretty cool thing to have IMO. [/quote

haha my thoughts excactly, and its awesome for all the detectors out there they have a way to refine all the JUNK and CRAP they find when out detecting if it has silver content in it!]

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What a great OP!
I really enjoyed that, it was educative and entertaining.
Thank you for that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Cool home refining! I have a bunch of rusty silver plated things but I don't think the silver content of them would be worth melting them. One can also collect silver from used photographic chemicals, but these are hardly being used much anymore due to digital photography and Xrays. This home sivler would have to be further refined by pros to have the same value as market value. So much for the OP spending any time in Australia, are there not laws there saying you cannot melt down their currency?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Hey what acid Do I need to dissolve gold?? I have bucket loads of old computer partts and various electronic boards/sticks with the gold connectors and have been looking for a way to process it. I have hear of something called aqua regia, is that some fancy marketing name for a simple acid?

Please make that thread. I need to pay off my probation.

The gold on those parts is one or two microns thick. From a mountain of these parts you would only get a speck of gold. Throw them away. Yeah, I know you love the color of those connectors, but it is too thin to mess with. You end up wasting money and time, seen it happen. He used an icecream machine to aggitate the solution of connectors and chemicals, all costing way more than he extracted.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Awesome!!I I was just thinking about how to do this! Thanks for your post!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Awesome

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sorry if it was already asked, but what year US coins would work.. hypothetically speaking of course..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It's not like that at all. I inherited a stack of 100 ounce Engelhardt silver bars 20 years ago when they were worth about $450 a bar. Had a few coin dealers and a jeweler who paid me spot minus 2%. Nobody ever asked for paperwork.

Sure wish I had held on to them, but silver had been flat since the Hunt brothers tried to corner the market.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I have never had any questions asked, but I have only ever sold serialized bars and coins from official government mints.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join